Discovery Communications Interview Questions & Reviews

82 interviews

2.8

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

I applied online through their careers page and was contacted a few weeks later for a video interview. Basically it was a program that showed questions on a screen and then recorded you giving your answers. I then was told I moved onto the next round and had a phone interview with my manager, who mainly asked about what my ideas for the companies were and if I actually had interest/experience with social media

Salesforce.com Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Contacted first by a head hunter, followed by a phone interview with the boss. Got a call next day to set up an in person with the team. The interview was in two parts. Part 1 was a conversation with a few of the team members, part 2 was a "How would you do x". That evening I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you add something to the home page?   View Answer

Intern Interview

The process was easy. All you need to do is do an online video. The questions were easy and I thought they would be a lot harder. You really dont need to prepatre for it at all.

Salesforce.com Business Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Discovery Communications in May 2014.

1 call with recruiter / head hunter. 1 call with one of the team members. Additional call with boss and current person in the position. There was a skills tests where I looked at some formulas, and had to write a few basic formulas.

Interview Questions
    • How would you write a formula to determine X?   View Answer
    The rate was pre-negotiated with me by the recruiter before I interviewed.

Spring Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Tons of candidates got the career-fair interview oppportunity. But only about 5% got into the 1 on 1 interview. The whole process took about 3 months. The managers are open and willing to answer questions and overall it's was a good experience.

Public Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Recieved a call from HR and interviewed with them. After that, HR set up a phone interview wih my employer. A few days later she called. Interview was short and sweet, mostly asking if I could handle the demands of the job. When it was over, she said she had a few more people to interview and that she would be in touch. 10 minutes later HR called and said that I was being offered the internship. Didn't have to go in and interview at all. I had a very different interview experience than other interns did.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

I originally applied online in February. Then in March I had to do the video interview answering four questions. About 2 weeks later I got a call from a hiring manager and had a phone call with him in April. The next day he said I was going to get the job. It was a casual conversation and very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too hard. They were basic questions that you would expect to be asked.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation because interns get paid minimum wage.

Master Control Operator Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Discovery Communications in June 2010.

Had several interviews before decision made. A lot of paperwork. Long training process of about six weeks, which I shouldn't really complain about. Once the training was complete. I was moved from day shift with weekends off, to overnights with days off in the middle of the week.

Intern Interview

Recorded a video interview with prompted questions and I had 1 minute to answer each question. There were four total questions - things such as 'Why Discovery?', and 'Tell us about your favorite character from one of our shows and why.' Then, I was contacted by a specific department and had a phone interview with the department.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite character on any Discovery network, and why?   Answer Question

Media Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Discovery Communications in February 2014.

My resume was forwarded to the network through a friend that works at a media buying agency who had heard of the position. First I got a phone call to set up a phone interview and the phone interview followed.

Interview Questions

Worked for Discovery Communications? Contribute to the Community!