Discovery Communications Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014
Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I apply the position online. About two weeks later, I get the email said I got a video interview, the question is normal questions and they are not difficult. For the video interview, I think you should speak louder and practice before you record your answer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied online and was contacted by HR to do an at home video interview with 5 questions. Followed up via email and was asked to come in the following week, but it turns out they didn't even look at my video interview. Overall I really disliked their interview process and completely felt like just a number. They asked me to come back for another round of interviews which I declined because I didn't feel that their culture fit what I was looking for but was disappointed since their brand has a great reputation.

Intern Interview

After submitting an online application and waiting a few weeks, they sent me a survey on Survey Monkey asking me questions such as whether I was still interested, my GPA, my areas of interests. Very simple stuff. After another week or two I received an email telling me to conduct a virtual interview via Interview Stream. The virtual interview was very short and asked only 5 questions - why you're interested, greatest strength, etc. This was as far as I got in the interview process.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

I applied online through their careers page and was contacted a few weeks later for a video interview. Basically it was a program that showed questions on a screen and then recorded you giving your answers. I then was told I moved onto the next round and had a phone interview with my manager, who mainly asked about what my ideas for the companies were and if I actually had interest/experience with social media

Salesforce.com Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Contacted first by a head hunter, followed by a phone interview with the boss. Got a call next day to set up an in person with the team. The interview was in two parts. Part 1 was a conversation with a few of the team members, part 2 was a "How would you do x". That evening I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you add something to the home page?   View Answer

Intern Interview

The process was easy. All you need to do is do an online video. The questions were easy and I thought they would be a lot harder. You really dont need to prepatre for it at all.

Spring Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Tons of candidates got the career-fair interview oppportunity. But only about 5% got into the 1 on 1 interview. The whole process took about 3 months. The managers are open and willing to answer questions and overall it's was a good experience.

Public Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Recieved a call from HR and interviewed with them. After that, HR set up a phone interview wih my employer. A few days later she called. Interview was short and sweet, mostly asking if I could handle the demands of the job. When it was over, she said she had a few more people to interview and that she would be in touch. 10 minutes later HR called and said that I was being offered the internship. Didn't have to go in and interview at all. I had a very different interview experience than other interns did.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

I originally applied online in February. Then in March I had to do the video interview answering four questions. About 2 weeks later I got a call from a hiring manager and had a phone call with him in April. The next day he said I was going to get the job. It was a casual conversation and very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too hard. They were basic questions that you would expect to be asked.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation because interns get paid minimum wage.

Intern Interview

Recorded a video interview with prompted questions and I had 1 minute to answer each question. There were four total questions - things such as 'Why Discovery?', and 'Tell us about your favorite character from one of our shows and why.' Then, I was contacted by a specific department and had a phone interview with the department.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite character on any Discovery network, and why?   Answer Question