Discovery Communications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Washington, DC).

Interview

Had one phone interview before I decided to drop out of the process. The recruiter asked me basic interview questions but was unable to answer any of my basic questions regarding the HR team. She did not ask me what my current salary or salary expectations were during the interview. When asked to come to the office for an interview I politely mentioned that I would need to know the salary and ensure it was in par with my current salary prior to taking off work to interview. Salary ended up be a lateral move for me and I was interested. I told the recruiter this and she became very agitated and argumentative saying that she had noted my salary in the phone interview and that I was making a mistake. Sorry...but I'm not interested in working for an HR team that treats me like that. No wonder you seem to always have HR openings.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Manager knew what he wanted and had me come in the same day as my initial phone interview. Was told during the interview that this was currently my job to lose.

Interview Questions

• What makes you great for this position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

The interview process was not bad. I applied online through the corporate site, I was then emailed to conduct a Skype interview answering questions that were automated (essentially you will talk to a computer), Lastly, was an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince your parents to watch your favorite tv show that they have never heard of?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

lengthy but worth it - first was an online question session followed by follow up from hiring supervisors. from there skype interview due to location. offer was extended shortly after

Anonymous Employee in North Manchester, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (North Manchester, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was incredibly non-personal and uncomfortable. It was an online interview which created all kinds of unrealistic expectations (i.e. you had to record your one-minute response). Questions were relatively easy. They're probably looking for someone who is uber-enthusiastic about their network (which, let's be honest, is a tall task nowadays).

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Online application followed by short recorded video interviews (4 questions and 1 minute to answer each question), then phone interview. The questions were relatively predictable (why would you make a good intern, why do you want to work for Discovery etc.) The phone interview was partially informational and involved more basic questions about how you would handle specific tasks and what your experience was.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Applied via their website. Received an online video interview where they asked four questions. Was contacted for a phone interview where more in-depth and resume-specific questions were asked. Overall, it was a pretty informal process. They seemed to care very much about experience that may lend itself to the position, which was expected, so be prepared to highlight your skills pertaining to the position you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• What is something you are proud of that is not on your resume?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite channel on any of our networks and why?   Answer Question
    • If you could market for any company in the world, who would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a great intern for Discovery?   Answer Question

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

They asked for a video recording of me answering three predetermined questions. I advise you to take the practice round first. Then I received a phone interview where they went more in depth into my experience.

Ad Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then those get screened so got an email to do a video interview through HireVue (I think that is what it was called) and it was very different than I have ever experienced and had never head of it before. Basically, a question shows up on the screen, you have 30 seconds to prepare for it and then the timer starts and you have a minute (generally) to answer the question until it disappears. You are being recorded the entire time. HireVue does a great job at giving you tips on how to go about doing the interview and even gives you the option to do practice questions. After I finished that I just waited to see what happens. I received a call a few weeks later for a phone interview and then I got the internship within five minutes of that phone call. (My case was a bit different in the timing than others)

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite show?   1 Answer

Discovery Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It started with a few e-mails, saying they would put me in touch with someone in the office. After doing the video interview through HireView where you talk to a camera and upload answers, I was connected with a supervisor in an office and had a phone interview. This interview was added on with another interview so the other members of the team could see how I would work with them. I got an offer a few days later.