Discovery Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

The interview process was not bad. I applied online through the corporate site, I was then emailed to conduct a Skype interview answering questions that were automated (essentially you will talk to a computer), Lastly, was an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince your parents to watch your favorite tv show that they have never heard of?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

lengthy but worth it - first was an online question session followed by follow up from hiring supervisors. from there skype interview due to location. offer was extended shortly after

Anonymous Employee in North Manchester, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications (North Manchester, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was incredibly non-personal and uncomfortable. It was an online interview which created all kinds of unrealistic expectations (i.e. you had to record your one-minute response). Questions were relatively easy. They're probably looking for someone who is uber-enthusiastic about their network (which, let's be honest, is a tall task nowadays).

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Online application followed by short recorded video interviews (4 questions and 1 minute to answer each question), then phone interview. The questions were relatively predictable (why would you make a good intern, why do you want to work for Discovery etc.) The phone interview was partially informational and involved more basic questions about how you would handle specific tasks and what your experience was.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Applied via their website. Received an online video interview where they asked four questions. Was contacted for a phone interview where more in-depth and resume-specific questions were asked. Overall, it was a pretty informal process. They seemed to care very much about experience that may lend itself to the position, which was expected, so be prepared to highlight your skills pertaining to the position you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• What is something you are proud of that is not on your resume?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite channel on any of our networks and why?   Answer Question
    • If you could market for any company in the world, who would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a great intern for Discovery?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

They asked for a video recording of me answering three predetermined questions. I advise you to take the practice round first. Then I received a phone interview where they went more in depth into my experience.

Ad Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then those get screened so got an email to do a video interview through HireVue (I think that is what it was called) and it was very different than I have ever experienced and had never head of it before. Basically, a question shows up on the screen, you have 30 seconds to prepare for it and then the timer starts and you have a minute (generally) to answer the question until it disappears. You are being recorded the entire time. HireVue does a great job at giving you tips on how to go about doing the interview and even gives you the option to do practice questions. After I finished that I just waited to see what happens. I received a call a few weeks later for a phone interview and then I got the internship within five minutes of that phone call. (My case was a bit different in the timing than others)

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite show?   1 Answer

Discovery Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It started with a few e-mails, saying they would put me in touch with someone in the office. After doing the video interview through HireView where you talk to a camera and upload answers, I was connected with a supervisor in an office and had a phone interview. This interview was added on with another interview so the other members of the team could see how I would work with them. I got an offer a few days later.

Summerfor Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Discovery is a great company and I love the summer internship program. Applied online and got an email for an online interview. But didn't receive any further information. They said the interview will be in April.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to in this company? Talk about a accomplishment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

After sending in a resume and cover letter I was asked to fill out a unique application on their website that asked questions about the company and about my opinion of certain marketing efforts. Following that I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked very typical questions but specific to the industry and he tried to determine my interest in the position/industry. He was very insightful and answered many of my questions. A week later I did a video recording interview where I had to respond to set questions in a 3 minute time limit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation