Discovery Communications Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.8

Summerfor Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Discovery is a great company and I love the summer internship program. Applied online and got an email for an online interview. But didn't receive any further information. They said the interview will be in April.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to in this company? Talk about a accomplishment.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Filled out an application online and was then asked to do a video interview. Shortly after completing the interview I was emailed an invitation to a "job fair" type group interview at the company headquarters. I decided that it was worth it to travel (on a student budget) to the hiring fair, only to find out that I was up against 200+ other students with only about 20 hiring managers. There was a lot of waiting in line. I received positive feedback from multiple hiring managers and felt like things went well.. But I guess not because I never heard back from any of them. Giant waste of time. Obviously some students did get internships, but the chances were extremely slim and we weren't given enough information on what to expect.

TO DISCOVERY HR: You should be ashamed of yourselves for treating college students this way. We are in debt, overloaded with courses, terrified about our futures, and companies like Discovery just lead us on and literally make us beg for internships. Seriously, someone couldn't have just hopped on Skype and interviewed the top 10-20 candidates? I'm sure you already had your favorites picked out.. I doubt 1.5 hours at a hiring fair changed anyones minds. Why make us come all the way out there for nothing?

Interview Questions

• They were all easy. I doubt anyone even watched my video interview.   Answer Question

Digital Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Emailed for quick phone screen (about 20 minutes). Then scheduled a 1-hour interview. Was asked a few days later for writing samples. Then asked the following day to complete a little assignment. Found out 2-3 days later that I was not being offered position. Recruiter emailed me telling me, followed by the Hiring Manager emailing me also notifying me that I was not receiving an offer but thanking me for my time. Everyone was pleasant, polite, and willing to help and answer my questions.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in February 2015.

Interview

video interview first, haven't heard back from them. people say usually there will be a job-fair thing after the video interview. And it's very competitive. Theres gonna be 3 rounds

Interview Questions

• whats your favorite discovery show   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Very quick interview process. The interviewer went over behavioral questions, few business case reviews and a few what if scenarios. There were no right or wrong answers for any of the questions. It was very subjective.

Interview Questions

• About how experience at one of my previous positions can help me in Discovery   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took up what was offered

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Initial screening video followed by a "job fair" style meet-and-greet, then one more interview over the phone.
    Interviewers were engaging and friendly, and the conversation was not difficult, just wanted to know more about me. Very focused on behavioral factors during the interview. A lot seemed to be focused on what I had on my resume that I submitted. Overall a great experience.

Intern Interview

Interview

online interview. the interview questions were the usual, tell us about yourself, why do you want to work for discovery, what are you most proud of that's not on your resume.

Contract Management Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

1 on 1 interview. Very precise and there were no ridiculous questions. The interviewer expressed an interest in my personal interests and was extremely polite and accommodating. Job detail and expectations were explained in depth up front.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. The compensation was adequate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discovery Communications in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Then I was asked to fill out a questionnaire. Then I received a link directing me to do a video interview through Hirevue. It was my first time doing it but the questions were pretty standard. Then I received an invitation to a hiring fair that ended up being 300 students all waiting in line from table to table trying to talk to hiring managers. Way too much pressure and not enough time to discuss ideas in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince your parents to watch your favorite discovery show?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume and received a request to do a video interview. A few weeks after I was contacted by the Publicist for a phone interview. Got the job that week.