Discovery Communications

82 candidate interviews

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Silver Spring, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at an exact time and he called me at that time. The interview was very short and consisted of about 4 questions. The first was what do we do at Discovery Communications?, the next was who was your favorite teacher?, What is your favorite brand and why? and the final was Why Discovery? He was very straight forward and did not react much.

Interview Questions

Revenue Accounting Manager Interview

Revenue Accounting Manager
Bethesda, MD

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2009.

Interview Details – I worked with a recruiter that set up the interview for me. Upon arriving at the building, I met with an internal recruiter that took me through all the application paperwork. They also asked about salary expectations pretty early on in the process. I met with the person that would be my boss, the person that was transitioning off the team, and finally the head of US accounting. I found the people to be very friendly, but direct about asking questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with diverse coworkers with different communication styles? Give an example of how you handle different people's communication styles.   Answer Question
  • Give an example of the last technical issue you encountered and the research you did to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2012.

Interview Details – Met with FP&A Manager, and Director.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – I was brought in to interview with two people and that process was incredibly smooth and those I met were some of the nicest people ever. The interview was not intimidating or harsh, it was more of a conversation and their genuine interest to learn about me. I then had a phone interview with 3 of their senior sales support members who were as nice and as calming as those I met in person, again, more interested in my goals and who I was. Finally I had a phone interview with someone in HR. It was the smoothest, most comfortable and best interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Question – What are you doing now that will prepare you for your duties at Discovery Communications? Do you think it'll be a challenge to change pace from work place to work place?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Silver Spring, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2012.

Interview Details – There were many steps to the interview process, ending with a career fair like interview. I got hired a few days after so it is definitely possible.

Interview Question – All seemed pretty standard but you need to have a clear idea of what you want to do.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to a position in February 2014 and heard back from a recruiter a week later. Unfortunately I was still in college at that time and therefore was not eligible (as it was for immediate hire). However closer to graduation in April, I reached back out and Discovery scheduled an interview in the NYC office for me. I had two interviews. One with HR (super standard questions - the HR team is the best) and then one with the sales team. The sales interview was in a crowded office with six other people. The Director clearly did not want to be there. I have never been dismissed or ignored in an interview quite like my time at Discovery. They had been doing interviews back to back for a few days straight and I could tell they just didn't care. Worst interview experience ever.

Interview Question – "So you're familiar with the job ... could you describe the position to me? What did the job post say?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better opportunity elsewhere. Also after my bad experience interviewing, I didn't care to go back.

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

I applied online and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – Applied Online. About a month later got an email from Discovery asking me to go to their site to record a video Interview. The interview is consisted of 5 questions. After a question shows up, it gives you about 15 sec of thinking time. Then you must give 1 minute response for each question.

Interview Question – Tell 3 traits about yourself and elaborate in ONE minute. Poorly designed question + time limit.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted about an open position and thus came in to the office for an interview, which was very easy and comfortable. After this, I was contacted by people in HR for a phone interview. Within a week, I was offered the job.

Negotiation Details – Not really a factor

Master Control Operator Interview

Master Control Operator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Discovery Communications in June 2010.

Interview Details – Had several interviews before decision made. A lot of paperwork. Long training process of about six weeks, which I shouldn't really complain about. Once the training was complete. I was moved from day shift with weekends off, to overnights with days off in the middle of the week.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the table   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Human Resources Internship Interview

Human Resources Internship
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted about two weeks later with a survey asking if I was still interested in the position. Then, I was sent a video interview with five questions.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite Discovery Channel star and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Discovery Communications? Contribute to the Community!