Discovery Communications

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2010.

I was interviewed at an exact time and he called me at that time. The interview was very short and consisted of about 4 questions. The first was what do we do at Discovery Communications?, the next was who was your favorite teacher?, What is your favorite brand and why? and the final was Why Discovery? He was very straight forward and did not react much.

Revenue Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

The process took a weekinterviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2009.

I worked with a recruiter that set up the interview for me. Upon arriving at the building, I met with an internal recruiter that took me through all the application paperwork. They also asked about salary expectations pretty early on in the process. I met with the person that would be my boss, the person that was transitioning off the team, and finally the head of US accounting. I found the people to be very friendly, but direct about asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you work with diverse coworkers with different communication styles? Give an example of how you handle different people's communication styles.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of the last technical issue you encountered and the research you did to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2012.

Met with FP&A Manager, and Director.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

I was brought in to interview with two people and that process was incredibly smooth and those I met were some of the nicest people ever. The interview was not intimidating or harsh, it was more of a conversation and their genuine interest to learn about me. I then had a phone interview with 3 of their senior sales support members who were as nice and as calming as those I met in person, again, more interested in my goals and who I was. Finally I had a phone interview with someone in HR. It was the smoothest, most comfortable and best interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions
    • What are you doing now that will prepare you for your duties at Discovery Communications? Do you think it'll be a challenge to change pace from work place to work place?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2012.

There were many steps to the interview process, ending with a career fair like interview. I got hired a few days after so it is definitely possible.

Interview Questions
    • All seemed pretty standard but you need to have a clear idea of what you want to do.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2014.

I applied to a position in February 2014 and heard back from a recruiter a week later. Unfortunately I was still in college at that time and therefore was not eligible (as it was for immediate hire). However closer to graduation in April, I reached back out and Discovery scheduled an interview in the NYC office for me. I had two interviews. One with HR (super standard questions - the HR team is the best) and then one with the sales team. The sales interview was in a crowded office with six other people. The Director clearly did not want to be there. I have never been dismissed or ignored in an interview quite like my time at Discovery. They had been doing interviews back to back for a few days straight and I could tell they just didn't care. Worst interview experience ever.

Interview Questions
    • "So you're familiar with the job ... could you describe the position to me? What did the job post say?"   Answer Question

Better opportunity elsewhere. Also after my bad experience interviewing, I didn't care to go back.

Summer Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied Online. About a month later got an email from Discovery asking me to go to their site to record a video Interview. The interview is consisted of 5 questions. After a question shows up, it gives you about 15 sec of thinking time. Then you must give 1 minute response for each question.

Interview Questions
    • Tell 3 traits about yourself and elaborate in ONE minute. Poorly designed question + time limit.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications in January 2014.

The process started off online, as many do. After the initial application, I was sent a survey/questionnaire to fill out. This survey had questions ranging from the usual (experience, etc.) to more vague questions such as "what is creativity to you". If that went well, you were invited to a career fair sort of interview. This was the most stressful step of the process. You were invited to spend two hours interviewing at each department with about 100 other people. (remember you are against 5,000 people). Luckily, that went well for me and I received a phone call from HR the next day. It is an extremely stressful process, but it is worth it in the end.

Digital Media and Casting Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied online and a week later got a call to do a video interview on camera. you get one minute to look at the questions before the video starts automatically recording your answer and you get about 2 minute to respond.

Media Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Discovery Communications in February 2014.

My resume was forwarded to the network through a friend that works at a media buying agency who had heard of the position. First I got a phone call to set up a phone interview and the phone interview followed.