Discovery Communications

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

They send you a link for your availability, and then send you a link to take video interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty basic. Favorite tv show on network and why, why do you want to work for us, etc   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

The resume was selected through the university career website. I was called for on campus HR interview. The interview lasted on ly for about 10 min.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing much. All questions were mostly HR. couldnt figure out what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

The initial communication was via email. A phone interview followed. The people I worked with were all very intelligent and creative. My office mates came from diverse geographic, cultural, and academic backgrounds. The corporate culture encouraged diverse opinions, innovation, and ideas regardless of job title.

Meetings often included people from other departments. This provided an opportunity to find out the needs and concerns of a particular program or project from a variety of perspectives.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to relocate and be here in three days?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my offer. My advice is to ask, because you never know if you don't ask.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discovery Communications in October 2008.

Phone interview, in person interview with presentation

Interview Questions
    • Describe where you will be 30, 60, 90 days into job - what does success look like?   Answer Question
    No negotiation really.

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

i applied online and got a video interview later. 4 questions very easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

First step is an informational phone interview and then an in person interview. It was very relax but it took forever to hear back. Be patient... It's worth it!! Great internship program.

Intern Interview

I had a very comfortable interview. I was contacted by an HR representative who gave my information to a hiring manager. My interview was around 30 minutes. I felt Discovery was looking out for my best interest as well. Questioning wether this was the right semester to intern. Everything went rather quickly!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

First round was 15 minutes talking to HR, second round was on Skype, one hour speaking with the Business Development Director and manager of the team

Interview Questions
    • - Did you ever encounter a difficult situation in your team? How did you solve it?
      - Was there any situation where you were really upset with Management?
      - If you could go back, would you do things differently?
      - What was your major achievement?
      - What do you like about Discovery? Which is your favorite program?

Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Online video

Interview Questions
    • What's your favorite "star/character" in Discovery? Why you want to be an intern here? 3 word your friends or others would use to describe you. academic or professional accomplishment.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process of applying summer intern of discovery this year is online application, survey, and two interviews. The first interview is an online video audition. I feel like it was not a tough interview, one needs to answer several interview questions and just to be oneself is gonna to be fine.