Discovery Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Initial screening video followed by a "job fair" style meet-and-greet, then one more interview over the phone.
    Interviewers were engaging and friendly, and the conversation was not difficult, just wanted to know more about me. Very focused on behavioral factors during the interview. A lot seemed to be focused on what I had on my resume that I submitted. Overall a great experience.

Intern Interview

Interview

online interview. the interview questions were the usual, tell us about yourself, why do you want to work for discovery, what are you most proud of that's not on your resume.

Contract Management Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

1 on 1 interview. Very precise and there were no ridiculous questions. The interviewer expressed an interest in my personal interests and was extremely polite and accommodating. Job detail and expectations were explained in depth up front.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. The compensation was adequate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discovery Communications in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Then I was asked to fill out a questionnaire. Then I received a link directing me to do a video interview through Hirevue. It was my first time doing it but the questions were pretty standard. Then I received an invitation to a hiring fair that ended up being 300 students all waiting in line from table to table trying to talk to hiring managers. Way too much pressure and not enough time to discuss ideas in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince your parents to watch your favorite discovery show?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume and received a request to do a video interview. A few weeks after I was contacted by the Publicist for a phone interview. Got the job that week.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Applied online and received an email requesting an interview through HireVue a few days later. The interview requires that you answer 5 pre-programmed questions on your webcam. You are given one minute to think about the question and one minute to respond... then it moves on. It was very disappointing to not interview with an actual person. It is important to establish rapport in an interview, and this interview method was, quite honestly, horrible.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Applied online and a week later got a call to do a video interview on camera. you get one minute to look at the questions before the video starts automatically recording your answer and you get about 2 minute to respond.

ITSpring Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on their website, received a video interview. That's pretty much it. There were 3 questions, and you are given 1 minute to answer. The time limit is frustrating, and the interview ends before you really start. They project 15 minutes but really it's the set up of the interview which takes time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for a Discovery internship through my university. The entire process took about 3 weeks. The application was pretty standard- a few questions, a cover letter, and a resume.

I had two interviews in one day- one personality based and one more experience based. The interviewers were really casual and friendly. They were running about an hour behind schedule, so I ended up waiting for a long time. 4 Discovery representatives were present in each of my interviews.

Interview for Headquarters (Silver Spring) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Hardest interview I have have ever undergone for an internship.

First you apply online, then I think they invite everyone to do the video interview.

The video interview is short and simple. You answer 4 to 5 questions about why you want to do what you applied to and why you want to work at discovery.

If you pass through the video round, you get invited to the career invitational.

The career invitational is held at headquarters. Basically its a session of you and 200 other candidates for various internships. You are let in to this career fair atmosphere where they have tables for perspective departments (marketing, PR, IT, etc). You have to go up to the hiring managers at the tables and basically try to sell your self in an elevator pitch. It does not matter what you applied to online, this is a free for all. Try to talk to every manager, leave them with a great impression of you. Because after my session there was another session of 200 more candidates.

It was quite intimidating because you could see your competition right there, you cold over hear their interviews. But after all that I did get an internship offer, a paid one too! and it felt all the more successful after going through that whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at discovery   1 Answer