Discovery Communications

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

Salesforce.com Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Contacted first by a head hunter, followed by a phone interview with the boss. Got a call next day to set up an in person with the team. The interview was in two parts. Part 1 was a conversation with a few of the team members, part 2 was a "How would you do x". That evening I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you add something to the home page?   View Answer

Intern Interview

The process was easy. All you need to do is do an online video. The questions were easy and I thought they would be a lot harder. You really dont need to prepatre for it at all.

Spring Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Tons of candidates got the career-fair interview oppportunity. But only about 5% got into the 1 on 1 interview. The whole process took about 3 months. The managers are open and willing to answer questions and overall it's was a good experience.

Public Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Recieved a call from HR and interviewed with them. After that, HR set up a phone interview wih my employer. A few days later she called. Interview was short and sweet, mostly asking if I could handle the demands of the job. When it was over, she said she had a few more people to interview and that she would be in touch. 10 minutes later HR called and said that I was being offered the internship. Didn't have to go in and interview at all. I had a very different interview experience than other interns did.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

I originally applied online in February. Then in March I had to do the video interview answering four questions. About 2 weeks later I got a call from a hiring manager and had a phone call with him in April. The next day he said I was going to get the job. It was a casual conversation and very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too hard. They were basic questions that you would expect to be asked.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation because interns get paid minimum wage.

Intern Interview

Recorded a video interview with prompted questions and I had 1 minute to answer each question. There were four total questions - things such as 'Why Discovery?', and 'Tell us about your favorite character from one of our shows and why.' Then, I was contacted by a specific department and had a phone interview with the department.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite character on any Discovery network, and why?   Answer Question

Ad Sales Intern Interview

The interview was outsourced to a company that administered online interviews. The interview itself was quite easy, but you are not talking to a person, you are talking to a computer via webcam. The questions (three were only five) were timed and in now way hard to answer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was. Why are you applying to join the Discovery Team.   View Answer

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

I applied on their website in January, and then got contacted to take a survey in February if I was still interested . After the survey, they contacted me for a video interview to be sent to all the hiring managers. After the video interview they contacted me to tell me I made it to the next round. A couple of weeks later a manager in the accounting department contacted me for an in person interview. Process took about 3 months.

Interview Questions

Timing, already got another offer.

Salesforce.com Business Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Discovery Communications in May 2014.

1 call with recruiter / head hunter. 1 call with one of the team members. Additional call with boss and current person in the position. There was a skills tests where I looked at some formulas, and had to write a few basic formulas.

Interview Questions
    • How would you write a formula to determine X?   View Answer
    The rate was pre-negotiated with me by the recruiter before I interviewed.

Summer Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied Online. About a month later got an email from Discovery asking me to go to their site to record a video Interview. The interview is consisted of 5 questions. After a question shows up, it gives you about 15 sec of thinking time. Then you must give 1 minute response for each question.

Interview Questions
    • Tell 3 traits about yourself and elaborate in ONE minute. Poorly designed question + time limit.   Answer Question