Discovery Communications Interview Questions

Communications Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

I applied online and then was sent a survey to fill out about salary and hours that I could work. I then did a video interview.

Summer Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

I applied online and was asked to do a recorded online interview. I totally flubbed the first question because I was stressing about the 30-second time limit instead of thinking of what to say. I got an email saying my interview made it to the next step, and that they would send it to the individual departments. Yesterday, two weeks since the email, someone from Discovery looked at my LinkedIn, but I still have not been otherwise contacted since applying a month ago. Who knows.

Interview Questions
    • "Who is your favorite Discovery character?"   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2014.

I applied to a position in February 2014 and heard back from a recruiter a week later. Unfortunately I was still in college at that time and therefore was not eligible (as it was for immediate hire). However closer to graduation in April, I reached back out and Discovery scheduled an interview in the NYC office for me. I had two interviews. One with HR (super standard questions - the HR team is the best) and then one with the sales team. The sales interview was in a crowded office with six other people. The Director clearly did not want to be there. I have never been dismissed or ignored in an interview quite like my time at Discovery. They had been doing interviews back to back for a few days straight and I could tell they just didn't care. Worst interview experience ever.

Interview Questions
    • "So you're familiar with the job ... could you describe the position to me? What did the job post say?"   Answer Question

Better opportunity elsewhere. Also after my bad experience interviewing, I didn't care to go back.

Sales Assistant Interview

Very informative interview, where they went through the process of what is to be expected of you in the position. The whole process took about 4 weeks from start to finish. Make sure you come with questions, and have some knowledge of the network-- since you are not 100% sure which network you are interviewing for.

no negotiation

Discovery Communications Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Submitted application online. I was called back to answer a survey and then was asked to do an online interview. Question would be asked, I would have one minute to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us which discovery show was your favorite and why   Answer Question

Audit Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

I gave my online interview and still waiting to hear back. Not sure if this means rejection. Is there anyone who has been hired for Audit Internship for Summer 2014? Please help!

Summer Internship Interview

After I applied on their website, I received an invitation for a survey, which asks basic information and job location/position preferences. Then I got an video interview for behavioral questions, like tell me about yourself, which is your favorite character in Discovery, something you are proud of, your academic/professional achievements...

Summer General Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Received and completed the survey email and never heard back, did anyone who applied to the Los Angeles Internship hear back yet? I see other locations have had follow up emails sent but nothing yet from anyone in LA.

Intern Interview

Online survey, followed by a webcam interview took about 4 weeks

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied online and received a survey about 2 weeks later asking if i was still interested. Then, I received an email to complete an online video interview. Video interview had 5 questions about Discovery and me.