Discovery Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.8

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Applied Online. About a month later got an email from Discovery asking me to go to their site to record a video Interview. The interview is consisted of 5 questions. After a question shows up, it gives you about 15 sec of thinking time. Then you must give 1 minute response for each question.

Interview Questions

• Tell 3 traits about yourself and elaborate in ONE minute. Poorly designed question + time limit.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Submitted online application, received email notification about follow up responses. Was invited to an in-person interview with all the hiring managers and received a call several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a media firm given your background? (I interned in pharmaceutical companies exclusively)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied to a position in February 2014 and heard back from a recruiter a week later. Unfortunately I was still in college at that time and therefore was not eligible (as it was for immediate hire). However closer to graduation in April, I reached back out and Discovery scheduled an interview in the NYC office for me. I had two interviews. One with HR (super standard questions - the HR team is the best) and then one with the sales team. The sales interview was in a crowded office with six other people. The Director clearly did not want to be there. I have never been dismissed or ignored in an interview quite like my time at Discovery. They had been doing interviews back to back for a few days straight and I could tell they just didn't care. Worst interview experience ever.

Interview Questions

• "So you're familiar with the job ... could you describe the position to me? What did the job post say?"   Answer Question

Better opportunity elsewhere. Also after my bad experience interviewing, I didn't care to go back.

Communications Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online and then was sent a survey to fill out about salary and hours that I could work. I then did a video interview.

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to do a recorded online interview. I totally flubbed the first question because I was stressing about the 30-second time limit instead of thinking of what to say. I got an email saying my interview made it to the next step, and that they would send it to the individual departments. Yesterday, two weeks since the email, someone from Discovery looked at my LinkedIn, but I still have not been otherwise contacted since applying a month ago. Who knows.

Interview Questions

• "Who is your favorite Discovery character?"   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Very informative interview, where they went through the process of what is to be expected of you in the position. The whole process took about 4 weeks from start to finish. Make sure you come with questions, and have some knowledge of the network-- since you are not 100% sure which network you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for a sales assistant position online through Discovery's corporate site, and a few days later found an invitation to take their first round Skype interview. The email came to my spam box, so I almost missed the opportunity. The Skype interview consisted of automated questions with a time limit, but were all straight forward. After this round, I was invited to their office for in person interviews. The interviews themselves weren't bad at all, they only asked me standard and expected questions. After over a month of interviewing with about 10 different people, and no reimbursement on transportation, they still hadn't given me an offer or declined me, and were still requesting I come back in to meet with more people in the department. At this point I had already received other job offers and declined the opportunity to return for more rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Submitted application online. I was called back to answer a survey and then was asked to do an online interview. Question would be asked, I would have one minute to answer.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us which discovery show was your favorite and why   Answer Question

Audit Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

I gave my online interview and still waiting to hear back. Not sure if this means rejection. Is there anyone who has been hired for Audit Internship for Summer 2014? Please help!

Application

Interview

After I applied on their website, I received an invitation for a survey, which asks basic information and job location/position preferences. Then I got an video interview for behavioral questions, like tell me about yourself, which is your favorite character in Discovery, something you are proud of, your academic/professional achievements...