Discovery Communications Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.7

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

They asked for a video recording of me answering three predetermined questions. I advise you to take the practice round first. Then I received a phone interview where they went more in depth into my experience.

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

After sending in a resume and cover letter I was asked to fill out a unique application on their website that asked questions about the company and about my opinion of certain marketing efforts. Following that I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked very typical questions but specific to the industry and he tried to determine my interest in the position/industry. He was very insightful and answered many of my questions. A week later I did a video recording interview where I had to respond to set questions in a 3 minute time limit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I consider it was a too long process with few feedback. The interviewed me online in March and heard back again from them at the end of may to let me know that I was not elected. I prepared myself for a two-minute questions and in turned out to be two separate one-minute questions slightly slightly different to what they put in the example.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume and received a request to do a video interview. A few weeks after I was contacted by the Publicist for a phone interview. Got the job that week.

ITSpring Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on their website, received a video interview. That's pretty much it. There were 3 questions, and you are given 1 minute to answer. The time limit is frustrating, and the interview ends before you really start. They project 15 minutes but really it's the set up of the interview which takes time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR to do an at home video interview with 5 questions. Followed up via email and was asked to come in the following week, but it turns out they didn't even look at my video interview. Overall I really disliked their interview process and completely felt like just a number. They asked me to come back for another round of interviews which I declined because I didn't feel that their culture fit what I was looking for but was disappointed since their brand has a great reputation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied to a position in February 2014 and heard back from a recruiter a week later. Unfortunately I was still in college at that time and therefore was not eligible (as it was for immediate hire). However closer to graduation in April, I reached back out and Discovery scheduled an interview in the NYC office for me. I had two interviews. One with HR (super standard questions - the HR team is the best) and then one with the sales team. The sales interview was in a crowded office with six other people. The Director clearly did not want to be there. I have never been dismissed or ignored in an interview quite like my time at Discovery. They had been doing interviews back to back for a few days straight and I could tell they just didn't care. Worst interview experience ever.

Interview Questions

• "So you're familiar with the job ... could you describe the position to me? What did the job post say?"   Answer Question

Better opportunity elsewhere. Also after my bad experience interviewing, I didn't care to go back.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for a sales assistant position online through Discovery's corporate site, and a few days later found an invitation to take their first round Skype interview. The email came to my spam box, so I almost missed the opportunity. The Skype interview consisted of automated questions with a time limit, but were all straight forward. After this round, I was invited to their office for in person interviews. The interviews themselves weren't bad at all, they only asked me standard and expected questions. After over a month of interviewing with about 10 different people, and no reimbursement on transportation, they still hadn't given me an offer or declined me, and were still requesting I come back in to meet with more people in the department. At this point I had already received other job offers and declined the opportunity to return for more rounds of interviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received a survey about 2 weeks later asking if i was still interested. Then, I received an email to complete an online video interview. Video interview had 5 questions about Discovery and me.

Media Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

My resume was forwarded to the network through a friend that works at a media buying agency who had heard of the position. First I got a phone call to set up a phone interview and the phone interview followed.