Discovery Communications Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.6

ITSpring Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied on their website, received a video interview. That's pretty much it. There were 3 questions, and you are given 1 minute to answer. The time limit is frustrating, and the interview ends before you really start. They project 15 minutes but really it's the set up of the interview which takes time.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied online and was contacted by HR to do an at home video interview with 5 questions. Followed up via email and was asked to come in the following week, but it turns out they didn't even look at my video interview. Overall I really disliked their interview process and completely felt like just a number. They asked me to come back for another round of interviews which I declined because I didn't feel that their culture fit what I was looking for but was disappointed since their brand has a great reputation.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2014.

I applied to a position in February 2014 and heard back from a recruiter a week later. Unfortunately I was still in college at that time and therefore was not eligible (as it was for immediate hire). However closer to graduation in April, I reached back out and Discovery scheduled an interview in the NYC office for me. I had two interviews. One with HR (super standard questions - the HR team is the best) and then one with the sales team. The sales interview was in a crowded office with six other people. The Director clearly did not want to be there. I have never been dismissed or ignored in an interview quite like my time at Discovery. They had been doing interviews back to back for a few days straight and I could tell they just didn't care. Worst interview experience ever.

Interview Questions
    • "So you're familiar with the job ... could you describe the position to me? What did the job post say?"   Answer Question

Better opportunity elsewhere. Also after my bad experience interviewing, I didn't care to go back.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied online and received a survey about 2 weeks later asking if i was still interested. Then, I received an email to complete an online video interview. Video interview had 5 questions about Discovery and me.

Media Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Discovery Communications in February 2014.

My resume was forwarded to the network through a friend that works at a media buying agency who had heard of the position. First I got a phone call to set up a phone interview and the phone interview followed.

Digital Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

You'll speak with an HR person in a brief 15-20 minute phone interview, after which you can expect a three-round interview on-site with HR, the hiring manager and VP of Digital. They're all extremely nice, welcoming people who are very passionate about the company overall and the necessity of digital analytics in justifying budget expenditures and strategic decisions.

Just be aware that the HR process can take 1-2 months.

Interview Questions
    • You'll be sent a brief assessment and asked to answer questions about potential data anomalies, ad hoc reports and KPIs relevant to Discovery's digital content.   Answer Question

TLC Publicity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2013.

I applied online and filled out their application. A week or 2 later I was emailed for an interview. They wanted me to come into the office but I was in school and couldn't make it in. They were completely understanding and I interviewed over the phone instead. I spoke with the PR director and a publicist who would later become my supervisors. The interview lasted about 30-40 minutes. A few weeks later I got a call and was offered the internship.

Ad Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2013.

Phone interview first with HR. The following day I met with the VPs and directors. It was a pretty easy process. They were looking to hire someone quick and I received a response in about three days.

No negotiation

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in August 2010.

I applied on the discovery website and I got an email from somebody in HR. This person initially interviewed me and asked me what department I was interested in. After this I interviewed with 2 people from the department - asked me why I wanted to work there, what I liked about Discovery, past job experiences, etc...

Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Discovery Communications in July 2010.

An HR representative contacted me via email regarding the position I applied for two weeks prior. I had a phone interview and a week later went to the office for a one on one. I met several employees in the department and was offered the job 4 days later. HR rep. followed up after the on location interview. Process was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. I read the reviews about recent lay-offs and didn't want to risk it. Make sure you are VERY informed about the company