Discovery Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a survey about 2 weeks later asking if i was still interested. Then, I received an email to complete an online video interview. Video interview had 5 questions about Discovery and me.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, usual questions   Answer Question

Digital Analytics Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – You'll speak with an HR person in a brief 15-20 minute phone interview, after which you can expect a three-round interview on-site with HR, the hiring manager and VP of Digital. They're all extremely nice, welcoming people who are very passionate about the company overall and the necessity of digital analytics in justifying budget expenditures and strategic decisions.

Just be aware that the HR process can take 1-2 months.

Interview Question – You'll be sent a brief assessment and asked to answer questions about potential data anomalies, ad hoc reports and KPIs relevant to Discovery's digital content.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied on the discovery website and I got an email from somebody in HR. This person initially interviewed me and asked me what department I was interested in. After this I interviewed with 2 people from the department - asked me why I wanted to work there, what I liked about Discovery, past job experiences, etc...

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Discovery   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Media Sales Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in February 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forwards. Detailed paperwork, forms were required to be filled out prior to interview. Much of the forms and paper work was pretty redundant and took longer to fill out than the actual interview. Arrive at your interview a good 1/2 hour early to allow for filling out of paperwork.

Interview Question – Where do you expect to see yourself within this company 10 years from now. I guess they are looking for commitment!   Answer Question

Sales & Marketing Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Discovery Communications in July 2010.

Interview Details – An HR representative contacted me via email regarding the position I applied for two weeks prior. I had a phone interview and a week later went to the office for a one on one. I met several employees in the department and was offered the job 4 days later. HR rep. followed up after the on location interview. Process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I read the reviews about recent lay-offs and didn't want to risk it. Make sure you are VERY informed about the company

Sales Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2008.

Interview Details – I was very impressed with the interview process- they were very nice and had good follow up with me since day 1 of the process. I first had a phone interview and then I came in to meet with HR and the hiring manager. Seems like everyone there knew each other and were genuinely happy to work there. I would make sure you do your reasearch about the company, the brands, etc. The office is really put together and it has a family feel.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Discovery Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Discovery Communications Videos

Discovery Communications – Why Work for Us?

Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than two billion cumulative subscribers in over 220 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Discovery Communications interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Discovery Communications employees and interview candidates.