1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in September 2009.

Interview

Submitted NUMEROUS applications over the years, and finally got called in for an interview. Initial contact was from HR; I actually spoke with two people in HR, so I was never sure who was the lead in the hiring process. First interview was with HR, general questions ("Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years"). I was told my resume would be forwarded to the department. Next interview was by phone with someone from the department (not the manager) and was more in-depth. My final interview was in-person with the department manager who was very laid back, and focused more on my long-term goals.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate and with the employment instability at this company, I didn't feel it was safe to do so.