Discovery Communications

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to a position in February 2014 and heard back from a recruiter a week later. Unfortunately I was still in college at that time and therefore was not eligible (as it was for immediate hire). However closer to graduation in April, I reached back out and Discovery scheduled an interview in the NYC office for me. I had two interviews. One with HR (super standard questions - the HR team is the best) and then one with the sales team. The sales interview was in a crowded office with six other people. The Director clearly did not want to be there. I have never been dismissed or ignored in an interview quite like my time at Discovery. They had been doing interviews back to back for a few days straight and I could tell they just didn't care. Worst interview experience ever.

Interview Question – "So you're familiar with the job ... could you describe the position to me? What did the job post say?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better opportunity elsewhere. Also after my bad experience interviewing, I didn't care to go back.

Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted about an open position and thus came in to the office for an interview, which was very easy and comfortable. After this, I was contacted by people in HR for a phone interview. Within a week, I was offered the job.

Negotiation Details – Not really a factor

Interviewed at Discovery Communications

Interview Details – Very informative interview, where they went through the process of what is to be expected of you in the position. The whole process took about 4 weeks from start to finish. Make sure you come with questions, and have some knowledge of the network-- since you are not 100% sure which network you are interviewing for.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – I was brought in to interview with two people and that process was incredibly smooth and those I met were some of the nicest people ever. The interview was not intimidating or harsh, it was more of a conversation and their genuine interest to learn about me. I then had a phone interview with 3 of their senior sales support members who were as nice and as calming as those I met in person, again, more interested in my goals and who I was. Finally I had a phone interview with someone in HR. It was the smoothest, most comfortable and best interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Question – What are you doing now that will prepare you for your duties at Discovery Communications? Do you think it'll be a challenge to change pace from work place to work place?   Answer Question

Worked for Discovery Communications? Contribute to the Community!