Discovery Communications Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR to do an at home video interview with 5 questions. Followed up via email and was asked to come in the following week, but it turns out they didn't even look at my video interview. Overall I really disliked their interview process and completely felt like just a number. They asked me to come back for another round of interviews which I declined because I didn't feel that their culture fit what I was looking for but was disappointed since their brand has a great reputation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery Communications

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied to a position in February 2014 and heard back from a recruiter a week later. Unfortunately I was still in college at that time and therefore was not eligible (as it was for immediate hire). However closer to graduation in April, I reached back out and Discovery scheduled an interview in the NYC office for me. I had two interviews. One with HR (super standard questions - the HR team is the best) and then one with the sales team. The sales interview was in a crowded office with six other people. The Director clearly did not want to be there. I have never been dismissed or ignored in an interview quite like my time at Discovery. They had been doing interviews back to back for a few days straight and I could tell they just didn't care. Worst interview experience ever.

Interview Questions

• "So you're familiar with the job ... could you describe the position to me? What did the job post say?"   Answer Question

Better opportunity elsewhere. Also after my bad experience interviewing, I didn't care to go back.

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Very informative interview, where they went through the process of what is to be expected of you in the position. The whole process took about 4 weeks from start to finish. Make sure you come with questions, and have some knowledge of the network-- since you are not 100% sure which network you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for a sales assistant position online through Discovery's corporate site, and a few days later found an invitation to take their first round Skype interview. The email came to my spam box, so I almost missed the opportunity. The Skype interview consisted of automated questions with a time limit, but were all straight forward. After this round, I was invited to their office for in person interviews. The interviews themselves weren't bad at all, they only asked me standard and expected questions. After over a month of interviewing with about 10 different people, and no reimbursement on transportation, they still hadn't given me an offer or declined me, and were still requesting I come back in to meet with more people in the department. At this point I had already received other job offers and declined the opportunity to return for more rounds of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was brought in to interview with two people and that process was incredibly smooth and those I met were some of the nicest people ever. The interview was not intimidating or harsh, it was more of a conversation and their genuine interest to learn about me. I then had a phone interview with 3 of their senior sales support members who were as nice and as calming as those I met in person, again, more interested in my goals and who I was. Finally I had a phone interview with someone in HR. It was the smoothest, most comfortable and best interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing now that will prepare you for your duties at Discovery Communications? Do you think it'll be a challenge to change pace from work place to work place?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted about an open position and thus came in to the office for an interview, which was very easy and comfortable. After this, I was contacted by people in HR for a phone interview. Within a week, I was offered the job.

Negotiation

Not really a factor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

2 part interview, one with HR one with Sales. Asked questions to see your passion and work ethic.Asked about previous experience, asked about why you think you would be better than other candidates that they've met with.