Discovery Communications

Updated Oct 4, 2014

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

Applied online and was contacted by HR to do an at home video interview with 5 questions. Followed up via email and was asked to come in the following week, but it turns out they didn't even look at my video interview. Overall I really disliked their interview process and completely felt like just a number. They asked me to come back for another round of interviews which I declined because I didn't feel that their culture fit what I was looking for but was disappointed since their brand has a great reputation.

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2014.

I applied to a position in February 2014 and heard back from a recruiter a week later. Unfortunately I was still in college at that time and therefore was not eligible (as it was for immediate hire). However closer to graduation in April, I reached back out and Discovery scheduled an interview in the NYC office for me. I had two interviews. One with HR (super standard questions - the HR team is the best) and then one with the sales team. The sales interview was in a crowded office with six other people. The Director clearly did not want to be there. I have never been dismissed or ignored in an interview quite like my time at Discovery. They had been doing interviews back to back for a few days straight and I could tell they just didn't care. Worst interview experience ever.

Interview Questions
    • "So you're familiar with the job ... could you describe the position to me? What did the job post say?"   Answer Question

Better opportunity elsewhere. Also after my bad experience interviewing, I didn't care to go back.

Sales Assistant Interview

Very informative interview, where they went through the process of what is to be expected of you in the position. The whole process took about 4 weeks from start to finish. Make sure you come with questions, and have some knowledge of the network-- since you are not 100% sure which network you are interviewing for.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Discovery Communications.

I was brought in to interview with two people and that process was incredibly smooth and those I met were some of the nicest people ever. The interview was not intimidating or harsh, it was more of a conversation and their genuine interest to learn about me. I then had a phone interview with 3 of their senior sales support members who were as nice and as calming as those I met in person, again, more interested in my goals and who I was. Finally I had a phone interview with someone in HR. It was the smoothest, most comfortable and best interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions
    • What are you doing now that will prepare you for your duties at Discovery Communications? Do you think it'll be a challenge to change pace from work place to work place?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Discovery Communications in April 2013.

I was contacted about an open position and thus came in to the office for an interview, which was very easy and comfortable. After this, I was contacted by people in HR for a phone interview. Within a week, I was offered the job.

Not really a factor