Discovery Communications

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Internship

I applied online and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – Applied Online. About a month later got an email from Discovery asking me to go to their site to record a video Interview. The interview is consisted of 5 questions. After a question shows up, it gives you about 15 sec of thinking time. Then you must give 1 minute response for each question.

Interview Question – Tell 3 traits about yourself and elaborate in ONE minute. Poorly designed question + time limit.   Answer Question

Summer Internship

I applied online and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – I applied online and was asked to do a recorded online interview. I totally flubbed the first question because I was stressing about the 30-second time limit instead of thinking of what to say. I got an email saying my interview made it to the next step, and that they would send it to the individual departments. Yesterday, two weeks since the email, someone from Discovery looked at my LinkedIn, but I still have not been otherwise contacted since applying a month ago. Who knows.

Interview Question – "Who is your favorite Discovery character?"   View Answer

Summer Internship

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – After I applied on their website, I received an invitation for a survey, which asks basic information and job location/position preferences. Then I got an video interview for behavioral questions, like tell me about yourself, which is your favorite character in Discovery, something you are proud of, your academic/professional achievements...

Interview Question – which is your favorite character in Discovery   Answer Question

Summer Internship

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an invitation to take a survey a couple of weeks later. After that, I attended an automated video interview.

Worked for Discovery Communications? Contribute to the Community!