Disney-ABC Domestic Television

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

Getting an internship with The Chew was a fun but difficult task. I was invited into NYC to interview. When I got there I was greeted by the HR assistant. She was very nice, and then a manager there brought me to her office. I was asked a series of questions about my resume (where I have worked and where I go to school).

Contract Administration Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney-ABC Domestic Television in December 2013.

Was first contacted by phone for a 5-minute phone screening with a Disney HR Rep. Questions were targeted at why I applied to Disney and why specifically ABC TV Group. Fairly fast-paced as he was just looking for quick general responses. I was then invited to come in for a 1-1 interview with managers within the Contract admin. department for two rounds of interviews. I was told I would be meeting with one person and ended up meeting with 2 people in each round for 30-minute long conversations. They basically wanted to know why you wanted to work there and made an emphasis that the job was really gruelling so it required a dedicated student to spend lots of time + overtime on their projects.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular; just had to be crafty in your responses as they were looking for creativity.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Disney-ABC Domestic Television in March 2013.

Very friendly staff. Recruiter meets with you ahead of time to let you know what the hiring manager is looking for.

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney-ABC Domestic Television.

Hired during an interview in a bar followed by lunch where an offer of a higher position was made.

Interview Questions
    • I give you a piece of broken equipment, can you fix it? Without the schematic?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Disney-ABC Domestic Television in January 2012.

straight forward. focused on my resume

Graphic Design Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Disney-ABC Domestic Television in January 2012.

For me I got lucky I met a SVP at a friends wedding, we talked and he gave me his business card. A few months later I emailed the gentleman about an internship they created one based on my previous skills. I had one phone interview with the HR rep over the interns. I still had to apply online.

Interview Questions
    • How how is ABC's branding compared to the Peacock? (NBC)   Answer Question
    No Negotiantion

Entertainment Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney-ABC Domestic Television in January 2010.

The only reason I received an interview was because of a personal employee referral - I would NOT have received the interview had I only applied online.

There was no negotiation possible for an intern position.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney-ABC Domestic Television.

Phone interview, Skype interview, then in person interview.

Broadcast Engineer Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney-ABC Domestic Television in January 2009.

Interview at New York Headquarters