Disney ABC Television

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.8

Production Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Disney ABC Television.

I applied online and get the first phone interview invitation email asking me pick-up a date. I replied and they called on time. The interview last more than 20 mins.

Post Production Coordinator/Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Disney ABC Television.

This was one of the strangest and most disappointing interview processes of my career. All of the interviews went well and I did great in all the interviews, but the process is terrible and unprofessional, unless you like waiting 3 months for answers, if you even get that. Read below for details.

After applying for one position, being interviewed on the phone, and then told they would get back to me very soon, I heard back from them 3 months later... when I already took another job. They said they wanted to talk to me further. It wasn't at a time that I could just leave my current job, but I still wanted to work there, so I contacted the HR person who had interviewed me about my interest in another similar position about 3 months later. She liked hearing from me and scheduled a phone interview a couple weeks later. That went very well. So she had me come in for an in-person interview a week later. That also went very well and on the same day she sent me to another building for a group interview with the department supervisors I would be working under. This was a 3 person interview and very difficult. They were firing questions at me from all sides. All types of questions including, technical (about what software I know how to use like Excel, Filemaker Pro etc) which they seemed to get particularly hung up on even though my answers were substantial, personal questions, and philosophical work-ethic questions. It was hard, but I did good. They were nice and they were happy. They said I would hear from HR soon.

About two weeks later (now about a month into the process), HR emailed me and scheduled another group interview with the same supervisor plus their bosses (execs). I went in and was asked most of the same questions by the same guys to again seemed to get hung up on the technical software questions even though I would answer them completely. The execs asked theoretical and philosophical questions regarding working on teams and managing teams and schedules. The interview was hard but laid back and everyone was cool. At the end of the interview, they even mentioned "What a great interview. It's refreshing to have a great interview." And even "I feel really good about this." They said I would hear back very soon from HR and that they are making a decision real soon.

I heard nothing for two weeks except when contacted for a background check and reference check, which is outsourced (India I believe) and done by two separate companies and very thorough and intrusive-feeling. The BG check asks for proof for everything on your resume verbatim as well as pay stubs for all past employment going for back years. So, hopefully you were honest and very organized to retrieve this information. I had to scan all the pay stubs and send these in. They check and verify all of your past job titles and supervisor names and titles. They also check and verify your education, criminal history, and credit report. I felt like I was applying for a government job. The reference check was terrible. They send an automated response that has typos in it (that you can't fix) as if written by a non-english speaking representative, to everyone you listed as a professional reference. The worst part, is that after completing their automated questionnaire, the people I listed as my references were then solicited to for services by this company. This was so unprofessional of them and embarrassing for me. There were hi-level studio executives on this list and I had to contact each one afterwards and personally apologize. Bad move Disney...

After this was all completed, I didn't hear back from them. I emailed HR after another two weeks and they were nice and said they hadn't reached a decision yet but are close. I'm now 2 months into the process. Two more weeks go by and I email HR again. They said once again, they haven't made a decision yet. Fast-forward two more weeks and now I have another job opportunity that I could loose if I continue waiting. I email HR again and ask if they are close to making a decision. They said they hadn't heard from the executive team yet on the decision, but they will check for me right away. I told them that I have another job opportunity, but I really want this job at Disney ABC. Later in the day I get another email from HR and they said "We don't want to hold you back from any other opportunities. So, why don't you go ahead and take the other job. and we'll keep in touch." Uh... Thanks? Not a good response. And thanks for offering no closure as well.

So, after three months and some very successful interviews, they told me that. ??? And I don't think they hired anybody anytime soon for that job role. Time to be more decisive or at least let your candidates know what the hell is going on exactly with the positions they are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • They ask the classic "What is your main weakness?".   View Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Disney ABC Television in June 2014.

Just make sure you know in detail what you are interviewing for. Research is so important!! The process went fast got an offer and had to get a background check

Interview Questions
    • Well what exactly do you remember from your college classes   Answer Question
    Set pay no matter what, that's the bad part.

Senior Manager Interview

The interview process at this company is quite extensive. I met with over 8 people before anyone could make a decision. Each interview was between 30 - 45 minutes in length.

Negotiating is almost non-existent at the manager level. I was able to negotiate slightly more pay but that's about as far as it went.

Marketing Intern Interview

It started through a linked in application. There were around 500 applicants so I really wasn't expecting to get an email about scheduling a phone interview. I'm overseas so they were very accommodating about setting up the interview for a time that was convenient for me. The interview only lasted about 20 minutes and I thought the questions asked were very typical but effective. A very normal interview experience leaving you thinking afterwards of how it went.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of a time you demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question

Artist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Disney ABC Television.

They asked to see my qualifications, and offered me a job even though I apparently wasn't qualified. They were just desperate and the whole thing was a sad affair. I can see why they pay is better than normal, because no one wants to put up with this level of idiocy.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any questions really. They didn't even interview anyone else as far as I know. That's a red flag if I've ever seen one.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney ABC Television.

phone interview with HR and then meet with potential employer or team

Writer Interview

I was sent over by my agent and met with development executives who would show me a project they would like me to work on.

Interview Questions
    My agent negotiated with their business affairs department.

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Disney ABC Television.

one phone interview and one face to face

Director of Entertainment Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney ABC Television.

Many rounds of interviews to fit the right positions.