Disney

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Disney.

Interview Details – Initial contact was made by a phone call. (received by the HR rep)
1st in-person interview was with the HR rep
2nd interview was with low level team members (peers)
3rd interview was with mid-high level team member (leads)
4th interview was with the Director and VP of the team

Interview Question – Explain in detail how a windows machine boots up. In as much technical detail as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really any room to negotiate. An attempt was made, but all requests were declined immediately.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney.

Interview Details – A phone call with the manager, followed by a technical/business discussion. A bit of salary negotiation, followed by an offer.

Interview Question – I was hired for a niche expertise which they needed but didn't have. They did not ask extremely difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Burbank, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Disney in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview then on-site interview with HR person, peer within department and boss. Next round is with senior persons within department and the manager who will be a direct report to this position.

Interview Question – Nothing tricky, very straight forward.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews (first with recruiter about basic skills, 2nd with hiring manager --both 30 minutes and neither really difficult. Just asked: "why disney?" and skills related to job. then 2 in-person interview (first interview - two 30 minutes interviews with senior managers then 1 hour panel interview; second interview - 30 minutes with VP).

Interview Question – Very easy overall, nothing too technical or really about the job. Just asked general questions about experiences and "give me a time when you had to come up with a solution after looking at data?"   Answer Question

Real Estate Control Interin Interview

Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney.

Interview Details – Three Rounds. First got a call from HR, then the Manager and lastly got invited to the office. It was a very long process. The interview was pretty casual. Two analysts asked me to tell them about myself, some recent internship experiences, and whether I have experience related to Real Estate. They introduced what the job responsibility is and shared their work day.

Interview Question – Do you have any more questions for us?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Burbank, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Disney in March 2011.

Interview Details – This review pertains to MBA hire in particular. Interview process took an entire day. Went through six interviewers during the in person interview. Prior to that, went through two rounds of interview. First with HR specialist, then a phone interview for the second round with two interviewers. Very few technical questions were asked, probably because the assumption is the candidate is qualified, but just looking for right fit.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was a mini case study question on market sizing. Most of the questions were behavioral questions that sought to find out how a potential candidate would fit in with the team.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer/Undergraduate Associate Interview

Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Disney in October 2011.

Interview Details – I heard back from Disney a week after I had applied for my position which was the fastest turn around in my experience in the job hunt. I went through 2 rounds of interviews with 4 people over the span of a month and a half. The first round was 2 weeks after I was initially contacted by Disney's HR Department where I met with the Senior Graphic Designer and HR Representative for the Department that I was going to work in. The second round was a month after that with the Art Director and Director of Communications. I was officially offered the internship about a week after the second round of interviews, which I accepted, and my first day was three weeks later.

Interview Question – Most of the questions asked of me were generic interview questions. I had my portfolio of work with me from previous jobs and personal work. We talked about that mostly.   Answer Question

Director of Strategy Interview

Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney in October 2009.

Interview Details – It was a very thorough and complete process. Started on the phone and then moved to 3 rounds of in person interviews. They were in a big need to fill the role so it happened quickly. I met with people I would end up managing along with cross functional people I would work with.

Interview Question – None really. The people I interviewed with were more concerned with how I would help them keep their CYA going and provide them with protection if issues came up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy.

Undergraduate Intern Interview

Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got an email asking to set up a phone screening with HR. There was a follow up email asking to set up a second phone interview with an associate. I was asked typical questions about my experience and university. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I got a call after the weekend asking me to come in to the office for 1:1 interviews with each of the team members (a total of 4). Very cool people and easy to talk to. Was offered and accepted a position four days after the interview.

Interview Questions

Human Resources Assistant (Back In 2000) Interview

Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was a transfer from one position to a higher level position. Hiring & interview process was good. Short, sweet, & to the point.

Interview Question – How experienced was I in providing customer service to different groups/business units.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Disney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Disney interview questions and advice in Burbank, CA. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Disney employees and interview candidates.