Disney Consumer Products

Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Strategist Interview

Digital Strategist
Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in November 2013.

Interview Details – I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help.

I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate.

In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Interview Question – How do you grow social media communities?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through Disney Careers website, was called to the store for an interview, interview was very low key and natural. Asked a few questions and just wanted to see my personality.

Interview Question – Not any that I can think of.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cast Member Interview

Cast Member
Overland Park, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in October 2011.

Interview Details – One interview with the manager where we talked about situations and how I would handle them.

Interview Question – You see someone shoplifting and they run out the door, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, starting pay was minimum wage.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2013.

Interview Details – Put through many different interviews by their TEAM.. Asked many questions about product development, I thought there were tricky there were no easy answers. There were type of questions where you would please one person on interview team but not the others,, SO I fell a void

Interview Question – A product color is off the specification, the vendor offers to discount the order and still meet your timeline. To reorder the correct color it would take additional resources $... How would you handle it and Why?   View Answer

Senior Designer Interview

Senior Designer
Glendale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in February 2012.

Interview Details – A casual live presentation of select projects to the branding team members i would be specifically working with.

Interview Question – Did you really do all of this work?   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Phone Interview: General questions and afterwards asked if I was still interested in the position.

2. In-Person Interview with a Manager: Very friendly, interview lasted almost an hour.
Wrote her a thank you email and she responded back.

I was never informed that I didn't get the position, or heard from anyone after that. I have been told from people that work there that they tend to hire internally or people who have interned for them before.

Interview Question – What would you like to work for Disney?

What is the latest Disney movie you've seen and how did you like it?
  Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in May 2011.

Interview Details – They mainly ask questions to see if you can handle the hectic work environment, and then questions about your favorite Disney characters, and experiences just to get a feel for your personality and if you will fit into the work place.

Interview Question – Who is your Favorite Disney Character and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You can AT MOST get them to give you a quarter more, but you have to be PUSHY!

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Glendale, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in January 2011.

Interview Details – Disney had an intensive interviewing process, and you get to meet the whole team.

They meticulously ask you questions about your previous experience and what can you bring in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The salary is not very negotiable, they're pretty strict

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a position with DCP as a financial analyst. Went through 5 challenging interviews and enjoyed meeting the individuals within the organization. Didn't end up getting the position but I enjoyed experience and that I was "runner up" in the decision. I thought I was the right candidate and 90% sure I would receive an offer. DCP attracts the right talent IMO.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Disney/DCP   Answer Question

Assistant Manager, Licensing Interview

Assistant Manager, Licensing
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in May 2011.

Interview Details – first call from a HR manager, who guides you through all the whole interview process (literally, as they actually walk you to and from the buildings you are interviewing in). I was asked general questions on the phone about why i want the job, my availability and then i got some advice about who'd be interviewing me, and what they're looking for.

A week later, I interviewed with 4 different managers (hiring manager, technology manager, manager of design interactive and category manager individually, half an hour each) - all asking different questions. Another week later, I made it through to the second round - interviewed with an assistant manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was given the impression that there was a range to negotiate but the final offer was actually lower than what I had asked for, and there was no wiggle room.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney Consumer Products

Worked for Disney Consumer Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Disney Consumer Products interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Disney Consumer Products employees and interview candidates.