Disney Consumer Products

Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.8

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in September 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, exam, panel interview background check

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Disney had an intensive interviewing process, and you get to meet the whole team. They meticulously ask you questions about your previous experience and what can you bring in.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer to this line of business?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a conflict with your direct manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary is not very negotiable, they're pretty strict

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for a position with DCP as a financial analyst. Went through 5 challenging interviews and enjoyed meeting the individuals within the organization. Didn't end up getting the position but I enjoyed experience and that I was "runner up" in the decision. I thought I was the right candidate and 90% sure I would receive an offer. DCP attracts the right talent IMO.

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help. I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate. In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Human Resources kept in contact often throughout the interview process, however it took over two months to fill the position. I had three interviews over the course of three months where I interviewed with various members of the Licensing organization and learned about the different areas of the business.

Interview Questions

• What was something that was a challenge for you and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Product Development Associate - Games & Puzzles Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online- then had a short telephone interview and then asked to go to the head office for a 1st round interview. First impressions were that it was a very corporate company/ building and a little intimidating. So many lifts and rooms to navigate. Even though the building was big the interview was in a very small/ slightly claustrophobic room. I had two interviewers the first was the UK recruitment person and the second the Consumer products person. The interview was an easy first half talking through work, experiance and looking forward in how I wanted to progress in my career and what I could contribute to the position. These questions were asked by the consumer products person. The second half was conducted by the UK recruitment person and were totally off the wall questions which caught you off guard. A bit of a gruelling end to an interview. I think the interview would have gone more smoothly and felt more relaxed if these questions were first and then experiance and qualifications after or if these were worked into the conversations when talking through work. This would have put me a little more at ease and allowed me to answer more confidently and with proper context and meaning. Although the process was a little scatty the interviewers were lovely people and tried to ease you as you sat in the intimidating environment.

Interview Questions

• What does a corporate company mean to you? How do you think the different segments of Disney work together? What do you see yourself doing in a year? Two years? What skills would you like to acquire and build on?   Answer Question

Consumer Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted for a screening interview. The entire interview process took a total of 3 weeks meeting with the entire licensing team within the category for a total of 5 interviews. Had to provide several professional references, take a personality test, and an interview with HRBP during the final interview. Wasn't too difficult, but very lengthy process that was in all rewarding. Also had to prove skills required for the role through an analysis project/presentation for the team. Overall, a positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? How did you hear about this opportunity? Why are you interested in licensing? How would you try to sell me this (product)?   Answer Question

Senior BA Interview

Interview

There was a TELEPHONIC INTERVIEW, then one on one face to face interview with the Program Manager at their corporate office. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and got the offer in 10-15 minutes after I walked out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about recent project experience   1 Answer

Learning Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was relatively casual, which is good to make the interviewee feel more at ease. The interview began with the person in charge of the department, and the conversation was more related to the interviewee's relevant work experience and also what the position entails. The second interview on the same day was with the recruiting director who asked a couple of scenario questions and wanted to generally assess if the interviewee had the span of experience and qualifications for the position and to be at Disney.

Interview Questions

• Compared to another candidate with more work experience, what makes you stand out for this position?   Answer Question

3D Modeler/Maya Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter about my availability to work a full-time internship while going to school. I was then contacted by phone and since I was at work I missed the call. I received a voicemail stating that I should call back. I did just that, but I got the recruiters voicemail. I later received an email from a coordinator looking to schedule me for an interview. I gave them my date I was available and the time that worked best for me and they did their best to meet them both. I then received my confirmation of my scheduled interview. All of this took about 2 weeks to do. I came in form my interview and was prepared for pretty much anything. I had previously interviewed for an internship with Nickelodeon, so I kind of had an idea of what to expect. Disney is a far different company though. The coordinator that I received confirmation from was prompt in coming to the lobby to walk me to my interview. She was very friendly and professional. I interviewed with the Director of Character Art. He was extremely nice and very informative about what it is I would be doing there. I felt very comfortable talking with him. He showed me around the office and showed me some of the current projects they were working on. I felt like this would be a good company to work for. I am now just playing the waiting game to see if I am offered the internship. Crossing my fingers I get it.

Interview Questions

• There were not unexpected or difficult questions asked. It was all straight forward and related to the job.   Answer Question