Disney Consumer Products Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014
26 interviews

2.7

Accountant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in September 2009.

Phone interview, exam, panel interview background check

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2011.

Interviewed for a position with DCP as a financial analyst. Went through 5 challenging interviews and enjoyed meeting the individuals within the organization. Didn't end up getting the position but I enjoyed experience and that I was "runner up" in the decision. I thought I was the right candidate and 90% sure I would receive an offer. DCP attracts the right talent IMO.

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in November 2013.

I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help.

I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate.

In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in January 2011.

Disney had an intensive interviewing process, and you get to meet the whole team.

They meticulously ask you questions about your previous experience and what can you bring in.

Interview Questions
    • What can you offer to this line of business?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a conflict with your direct manager?   Answer Question
    The salary is not very negotiable, they're pretty strict

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in February 2012.

A casual live presentation of select projects to the branding team members i would be specifically working with.

Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in August 2007.

it is a very very long interview day, you interview with multiple people in department, including your non-direct managers. they test if you're a personality fit with the group and then they usually let you know within a week if you advance to the next stage

non-negotiable salary

Assistant Manager, Licensing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in May 2011.

first call from a HR manager, who guides you through all the whole interview process (literally, as they actually walk you to and from the buildings you are interviewing in). I was asked general questions on the phone about why i want the job, my availability and then i got some advice about who'd be interviewing me, and what they're looking for.

A week later, I interviewed with 4 different managers (hiring manager, technology manager, manager of design interactive and category manager individually, half an hour each) - all asking different questions. Another week later, I made it through to the second round - interviewed with an assistant manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions
    I was given the impression that there was a range to negotiate but the final offer was actually lower than what I had asked for, and there was no wiggle room.

Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in April 2011.

There were two rounds of group interview consisting of 5-6 people. First round asked some basic questions such as past work experiences, strengths etc. They also ask you to be innovative to come up with stories and ways to promote a product to a child. Ask about Disney knowledge related questions such as favorite characters and why. Very nice interviewers, nice environment. Be positive, happy and innovative, and show that you have a passion for the brand.

Senior Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in February 2010.

Multiple interviews on the same day

Interview Questions
    • Comment on recent transations, and how you would recommend to do or not to do?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in August 2009.

met with the the human resources group first and then i met with the team i'd be working with, everyone was very nice and professional. a little overwhelming meeting with 4-5 people in one day.

Interview Questions

Worked for Disney Consumer Products? Contribute to the Community!