Disney Consumer Products

Updated Jun 17, 2014
Updated Jun 17, 2014

2.7

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Brief phone call interview and then Interview with a group of people. The process took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not too difficult for me personally, but should always be prepared   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2012.

1. Phone Interview: General questions and afterwards asked if I was still interested in the position.

2. In-Person Interview with a Manager: Very friendly, interview lasted almost an hour.
    Wrote her a thank you email and she responded back.

I was never informed that I didn't get the position, or heard from anyone after that. I have been told from people that work there that they tend to hire internally or people who have interned for them before.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to work for Disney?

What is the latest Disney movie you've seen and how did you like it?
        Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2013.

Put through many different interviews by their TEAM.. Asked many questions about product development, I thought there were tricky there were no easy answers. There were type of questions where you would please one person on interview team but not the others,, SO I fell a void

Interview Questions
    • A product color is off the specification, the vendor offers to discount the order and still meet your timeline. To reorder the correct color it would take additional resources $... How would you handle it and Why?   View Answer

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in October 2011.

One interview with the manager where we talked about situations and how I would handle them.

Interview Questions
    • You see someone shoplifting and they run out the door, what do you do?   Answer Question
    There was none, starting pay was minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in May 2013.

Applied online through Disney Careers website, was called to the store for an interview, interview was very low key and natural. Asked a few questions and just wanted to see my personality.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in October 2011.

I applied to the Disney Store in person and got a call about a week later from the store manager to schedule an interview. There were two other people at my interview, although I did see the manager interviewing a group before us that consisted of about ten people. The interview was simple enough, basic questions about why we wanted to work at Disney and our work experience. It lasted about twenty minutes. Later that night I received a call from the store saying they needed me to fill out more paperwork, which I went and filled out that night, and I was offered a job two days later.

Interview Questions
    I was offered the job at above minimum wage and was happy with that so I didn’t try to negotiate. However, I’m sure negotiations would vary from store to store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in May 2011.

They mainly ask questions to see if you can handle the hectic work environment, and then questions about your favorite Disney characters, and experiences just to get a feel for your personality and if you will fit into the work place.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. You can AT MOST get them to give you a quarter more, but you have to be PUSHY!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in December 2009.

Phone interview, no follow up. Usual questions.

Senior Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2008.

Both the interview and the hiring process went smoother than some interviews and hiring processes I have been on before. I have worked for Walt Disney Studios prior for almost 11 years and I have heard nothing bit great things about Disney Consumer Products so it was no surprise how smooth their process went.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe yourself in a negative situation?   View Answer
    So far so good. Good salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in August 2009.

I think the hiring was rushed since they really needed someone to fill in the position

Interview Questions

Worked for Disney Consumer Products? Contribute to the Community!