Disney Consumer Products

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Franchise Marketing Interview

Director of Franchise Marketing
Glendale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2010.

Interview Details – First, they screen you on the phone. If you pass that process they schedule in person with about 4 to 5 people. Then, they lead you on that you are a finalist and then they almost hire internally.

Interview Questions

Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2009.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview, then two in-person interviews over a period of one month.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very extensive, tedious interview process. Interviewed with 4 different people on 4 different days, often with only a days' notice. After the 2nd interview, I had already decided that the position wasn't what I wanted, but I continued on for the interview practice. After the whole, drawn-out process, no one had the courtesy to call and say I didn't get the job. Shocking since I was told that it was down to 2 candidates. Not very respectful overall.

Interview Question – If I were a customer walking into the store, how would you greet me?   View Answer

Glendale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in December 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 3 seperate teams within the line of business forecasting & planning side. The interviews were casual and somewhat quirky. Since it was for an internship, I feel that their screening is less intensive. Probably the most important skill they look for is excel, especially pivot tables. If you throw out that you understand and can use pivot tables you will probably be on the short list of who they want to hire.

Interview Question – Have you ever failed at a project, and how did you handle that failure?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in August 2009.

Interview Details – I think the hiring was rushed since they really needed someone to fill in the position

Interview Question – What is your experience   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in December 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview, no follow up. Usual questions.

Interview Question – An example of a difficult customer   View Answer

Senior Secretary Interview

Senior Secretary
Glendale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2008.

Interview Details – Both the interview and the hiring process went smoother than some interviews and hiring processes I have been on before. I have worked for Walt Disney Studios prior for almost 11 years and I have heard nothing bit great things about Disney Consumer Products so it was no surprise how smooth their process went.

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself in a negative situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – So far so good. Good salary.

Interviewed at Disney Consumer Products

Interview Details – Brief phone call interview and then Interview with a group of people. The process took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Question – Questions were not too difficult for me personally, but should always be prepared   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to the Disney Store in person and got a call about a week later from the store manager to schedule an interview. There were two other people at my interview, although I did see the manager interviewing a group before us that consisted of about ten people. The interview was simple enough, basic questions about why we wanted to work at Disney and our work experience. It lasted about twenty minutes. Later that night I received a call from the store saying they needed me to fill out more paperwork, which I went and filled out that night, and I was offered a job two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was offered the job at above minimum wage and was happy with that so I didn’t try to negotiate. However, I’m sure negotiations would vary from store to store.

Learning Associate Interview

Learning Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was relatively casual, which is good to make the interviewee feel more at ease. The interview began with the person in charge of the department, and the conversation was more related to the interviewee's relevant work experience and also what the position entails. The second interview on the same day was with the recruiting director who asked a couple of scenario questions and wanted to generally assess if the interviewee had the span of experience and qualifications for the position and to be at Disney.

Interview Question – Compared to another candidate with more work experience, what makes you stand out for this position?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney Consumer Products