Disney Consumer Products

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.8

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 seperate teams within the line of business forecasting & planning side. The interviews were casual and somewhat quirky. Since it was for an internship, I feel that their screening is less intensive. Probably the most important skill they look for is excel, especially pivot tables. If you throw out that you understand and can use pivot tables you will probably be on the short list of who they want to hire.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever failed at a project, and how did you handle that failure?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Lakeland, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, no follow up. Usual questions.

Interview Questions

• An example of a difficult customer   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I think the hiring was rushed since they really needed someone to fill in the position

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, then two in-person interviews over a period of one month.

Senior Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (Glendale, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Both the interview and the hiring process went smoother than some interviews and hiring processes I have been on before. I have worked for Walt Disney Studios prior for almost 11 years and I have heard nothing bit great things about Disney Consumer Products so it was no surprise how smooth their process went.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself in a negative situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

So far so good. Good salary.

Product Development Associate - Games & Puzzles Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online- then had a short telephone interview and then asked to go to the head office for a 1st round interview.

First impressions were that it was a very corporate company/ building and a little intimidating. So many lifts and rooms to navigate. Even though the building was big the interview was in a very small/ slightly claustrophobic room.

I had two interviewers the first was the UK recruitment person and the second the Consumer products person.

The interview was an easy first half talking through work, experiance and looking forward in how I wanted to progress in my career and what I could contribute to the position. These questions were asked by the consumer products person.

The second half was conducted by the UK recruitment person and were totally off the wall questions which caught you off guard. A bit of a gruelling end to an interview.

I think the interview would have gone more smoothly and felt more relaxed if these questions were first and then experiance and qualifications after or if these were worked into the conversations when talking through work. This would have put me a little more at ease and allowed me to answer more confidently and with proper context and meaning.

Although the process was a little scatty the interviewers were lovely people and tried to ease you as you sat in the intimidating environment.

Interview Questions

• What does a corporate company mean to you?

How do you think the different segments of Disney work together?

What do you see yourself doing in a year? Two years?

What skills would you like to acquire and build on?

Answer Question

Interview

Brief phone call interview and then Interview with a group of people. The process took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not too difficult for me personally, but should always be prepared   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in October 2011.

Interview

I applied to the Disney Store in person and got a call about a week later from the store manager to schedule an interview. There were two other people at my interview, although I did see the manager interviewing a group before us that consisted of about ten people. The interview was simple enough, basic questions about why we wanted to work at Disney and our work experience. It lasted about twenty minutes. Later that night I received a call from the store saying they needed me to fill out more paperwork, which I went and filled out that night, and I was offered a job two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered the job at above minimum wage and was happy with that so I didn’t try to negotiate. However, I’m sure negotiations would vary from store to store.

Learning Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was relatively casual, which is good to make the interviewee feel more at ease. The interview began with the person in charge of the department, and the conversation was more related to the interviewee's relevant work experience and also what the position entails. The second interview on the same day was with the recruiting director who asked a couple of scenario questions and wanted to generally assess if the interviewee had the span of experience and qualifications for the position and to be at Disney.

Interview Questions

• Compared to another candidate with more work experience, what makes you stand out for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in April 2011.

Interview

There were two rounds of group interview consisting of 5-6 people. First round asked some basic questions such as past work experiences, strengths etc. They also ask you to be innovative to come up with stories and ways to promote a product to a child. Ask about Disney knowledge related questions such as favorite characters and why. Very nice interviewers, nice environment. Be positive, happy and innovative, and show that you have a passion for the brand.