Disney Consumer Products

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a position with DCP as a financial analyst. Went through 5 challenging interviews and enjoyed meeting the individuals within the organization. Didn't end up getting the position but I enjoyed experience and that I was "runner up" in the decision. I thought I was the right candidate and 90% sure I would receive an offer. DCP attracts the right talent IMO.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Disney/DCP   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Glendale, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in January 2011.

Interview Details – Disney had an intensive interviewing process, and you get to meet the whole team.

They meticulously ask you questions about your previous experience and what can you bring in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The salary is not very negotiable, they're pretty strict

Digital Strategist Interview

Digital Strategist
Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in November 2013.

Interview Details – I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help.

I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate.

In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Interview Question – How do you grow social media communities?   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Senior Designer
Glendale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in February 2012.

Interview Details – A casual live presentation of select projects to the branding team members i would be specifically working with.

Interview Question – Did you really do all of this work?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very extensive, tedious interview process. Interviewed with 4 different people on 4 different days, often with only a days' notice. After the 2nd interview, I had already decided that the position wasn't what I wanted, but I continued on for the interview practice. After the whole, drawn-out process, no one had the courtesy to call and say I didn't get the job. Shocking since I was told that it was down to 2 candidates. Not very respectful overall.

Interview Question – If I were a customer walking into the store, how would you greet me?   View Answer

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Undergraduate Associate
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2009.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview, then two in-person interviews over a period of one month.

Director of Franchise Marketing Interview

Director of Franchise Marketing
Glendale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2010.

Interview Details – First, they screen you on the phone. If you pass that process they schedule in person with about 4 to 5 people. Then, they lead you on that you are a finalist and then they almost hire internally.

Assistant Manager, Licensing Interview

Assistant Manager, Licensing
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in May 2011.

Interview Details – first call from a HR manager, who guides you through all the whole interview process (literally, as they actually walk you to and from the buildings you are interviewing in). I was asked general questions on the phone about why i want the job, my availability and then i got some advice about who'd be interviewing me, and what they're looking for.

A week later, I interviewed with 4 different managers (hiring manager, technology manager, manager of design interactive and category manager individually, half an hour each) - all asking different questions. Another week later, I made it through to the second round - interviewed with an assistant manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was given the impression that there was a range to negotiate but the final offer was actually lower than what I had asked for, and there was no wiggle room.

Senior Secretary Interview

Senior Secretary
Glendale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2008.

Interview Details – Both the interview and the hiring process went smoother than some interviews and hiring processes I have been on before. I have worked for Walt Disney Studios prior for almost 11 years and I have heard nothing bit great things about Disney Consumer Products so it was no surprise how smooth their process went.

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself in a negative situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – So far so good. Good salary.

Intern Interview

Intern
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in August 2009.

Interview Details – I think the hiring was rushed since they really needed someone to fill in the position

Interview Question – What is your experience   Answer Question

Worked for Disney Consumer Products? Contribute to the Community!