Disney Consumer Products

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Phone Interview: General questions and afterwards asked if I was still interested in the position.

2. In-Person Interview with a Manager: Very friendly, interview lasted almost an hour.
Wrote her a thank you email and she responded back.

I was never informed that I didn't get the position, or heard from anyone after that. I have been told from people that work there that they tend to hire internally or people who have interned for them before.

Interview Question – What would you like to work for Disney?

What is the latest Disney movie you've seen and how did you like it?
  Answer Question

Senior Secretary Interview

Senior Secretary
Glendale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2008.

Interview Details – Both the interview and the hiring process went smoother than some interviews and hiring processes I have been on before. I have worked for Walt Disney Studios prior for almost 11 years and I have heard nothing bit great things about Disney Consumer Products so it was no surprise how smooth their process went.

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself in a negative situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – So far so good. Good salary.

Intern Interview

Intern
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in August 2009.

Interview Details – I think the hiring was rushed since they really needed someone to fill in the position

Interview Question – What is your experience   Answer Question

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Undergraduate Associate
Glendale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in December 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 3 seperate teams within the line of business forecasting & planning side. The interviews were casual and somewhat quirky. Since it was for an internship, I feel that their screening is less intensive. Probably the most important skill they look for is excel, especially pivot tables. If you throw out that you understand and can use pivot tables you will probably be on the short list of who they want to hire.

Interview Question – Have you ever failed at a project, and how did you handle that failure?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very extensive, tedious interview process. Interviewed with 4 different people on 4 different days, often with only a days' notice. After the 2nd interview, I had already decided that the position wasn't what I wanted, but I continued on for the interview practice. After the whole, drawn-out process, no one had the courtesy to call and say I didn't get the job. Shocking since I was told that it was down to 2 candidates. Not very respectful overall.

Interview Question – If I were a customer walking into the store, how would you greet me?   View Answer

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Undergraduate Associate
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2009.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview, then two in-person interviews over a period of one month.

Director of Franchise Marketing Interview

Director of Franchise Marketing
Glendale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2010.

Interview Details – First, they screen you on the phone. If you pass that process they schedule in person with about 4 to 5 people. Then, they lead you on that you are a finalist and then they almost hire internally.

Interview Questions

Assistant Manager, Licensing Interview

Assistant Manager, Licensing
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in May 2011.

Interview Details – first call from a HR manager, who guides you through all the whole interview process (literally, as they actually walk you to and from the buildings you are interviewing in). I was asked general questions on the phone about why i want the job, my availability and then i got some advice about who'd be interviewing me, and what they're looking for.

A week later, I interviewed with 4 different managers (hiring manager, technology manager, manager of design interactive and category manager individually, half an hour each) - all asking different questions. Another week later, I made it through to the second round - interviewed with an assistant manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was given the impression that there was a range to negotiate but the final offer was actually lower than what I had asked for, and there was no wiggle room.

Senior Designer Interview

Senior Designer
Glendale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in February 2012.

Interview Details – A casual live presentation of select projects to the branding team members i would be specifically working with.

Interview Question – Did you really do all of this work?   View Answer

Digital Strategist Interview

Digital Strategist
Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Consumer Products in November 2013.

Interview Details – I met with a number of key stakeholders in one day at several campuses. The process seemed lengthy and the structure that wove these corporate officers together was unwieldy. It didn't seem like a few of the interviewers knew exactly what they needed from the position of why the position was important, just that they needed help.

I found one gentleman to be downright arrogant. He immediately asked me to solve a problem with no background on the "why" or "how" of the situation. It was a sort of "gotcha" moment that was intended to put people on the spot but it made him seem desperate.

In the end, DCP seems to have the financial backing of actual goods being sold, as opposed to Disney Interactive. I enjoyed speaking with Margita, however.

Interview Question – How do you grow social media communities?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Disney Consumer Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Disney Consumer Products interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Disney Consumer Products employees and interview candidates.