Disney Consumer Products

Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.9

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2012.

1. Phone Interview: General questions and afterwards asked if I was still interested in the position.

2. In-Person Interview with a Manager: Very friendly, interview lasted almost an hour.
    Wrote her a thank you email and she responded back.

I was never informed that I didn't get the position, or heard from anyone after that. I have been told from people that work there that they tend to hire internally or people who have interned for them before.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to work for Disney?

What is the latest Disney movie you've seen and how did you like it?

Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in November 2014.

really well done but long 4-6 weeks.They are very thorough and seemed a lot more in tune with the creative team ,and the individual positions responsibilities than other studios HR departments.

Senior Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2008.

Both the interview and the hiring process went smoother than some interviews and hiring processes I have been on before. I have worked for Walt Disney Studios prior for almost 11 years and I have heard nothing bit great things about Disney Consumer Products so it was no surprise how smooth their process went.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe yourself in a negative situation?   View Answer
    So far so good. Good salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in August 2009.

I think the hiring was rushed since they really needed someone to fill in the position

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in December 2009.

I interviewed with 3 seperate teams within the line of business forecasting & planning side. The interviews were casual and somewhat quirky. Since it was for an internship, I feel that their screening is less intensive. Probably the most important skill they look for is excel, especially pivot tables. If you throw out that you understand and can use pivot tables you will probably be on the short list of who they want to hire.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever failed at a project, and how did you handle that failure?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2010.

Very extensive, tedious interview process. Interviewed with 4 different people on 4 different days, often with only a days' notice. After the 2nd interview, I had already decided that the position wasn't what I wanted, but I continued on for the interview practice. After the whole, drawn-out process, no one had the courtesy to call and say I didn't get the job. Shocking since I was told that it was down to 2 candidates. Not very respectful overall.

Interview Questions
    • If I were a customer walking into the store, how would you greet me?   View Answer

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in June 2009.

There was an initial phone interview, then two in-person interviews over a period of one month.

Director of Franchise Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in March 2010.

First, they screen you on the phone. If you pass that process they schedule in person with about 4 to 5 people. Then, they lead you on that you are a finalist and then they almost hire internally.

Assistant Manager, Licensing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in May 2011.

first call from a HR manager, who guides you through all the whole interview process (literally, as they actually walk you to and from the buildings you are interviewing in). I was asked general questions on the phone about why i want the job, my availability and then i got some advice about who'd be interviewing me, and what they're looking for.

A week later, I interviewed with 4 different managers (hiring manager, technology manager, manager of design interactive and category manager individually, half an hour each) - all asking different questions. Another week later, I made it through to the second round - interviewed with an assistant manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions
    I was given the impression that there was a range to negotiate but the final offer was actually lower than what I had asked for, and there was no wiggle room.

Unix Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Consumer Products in August 2011.

interview was scheduled quickly and got the response in 2 days, moved to the location in 2 weeks, management was very helpful in setting me up initially and helping me with the user setup process, orientation etc.

Interview Questions
    • all tecnical questions related to the field   View Answer
    stick to what you want