Disney Interactive Studios Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.9

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

About two weeks after applying online, I received an email from a recruiter asking me to confirm a time when I could do a phone interview. The date was set for the following week and the interview was 30 minutes long. The phone interview consisted of some interesting design scenarios to analyze and pointed questions using key words that are meant to test your design knowledge. The interviewer was warm, encouraging and friendly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later to schedule an in person interview. I interviewed with three different people, each interview was 30 minutes long. The interview went really well. They asked me questions in regards to my experience and I asked them questions back. A week later I received an e-mail saying I did not get the position but that I did very well and they would keep my resume in case another position opened up. A few weeks later I got another phone call from Disney recruiters about another position I might be interested in. I was given a phone interview the next day. I followed up a week later and they told me I did not get that position either. They said the other candidate had more relevant experience for the position.

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Interview

This is the SECOND time I've been stonewalled by Disney Interactive over a year.

I applied online, got an email about 2 weeks later from a recruiter asking general questions about my interest in the position and available times. I answered. She responded the next day with "Great! We'll setup an interview over the next week with the times provided, and I'll get back to you with a time."

Radio silence for two weeks. I send a nice followup email and get no response ever to be heard from again.

Its been 3 months and it still says "In-Progress" in the online disneycareers website. I wont be following up with anyone should they suddenly appear.

Interview Questions

• What times are you available?   1 Answer

Videographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Interview

Applied online, received an inital call 2 weeks later informaing me of an interview that would be conducted the following day, with a set time they would call. I received the call, answered their questions and never heard back again.

Production Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Interview

Had a 15 minute very casual phone interview and was scheduled for an in-person interview a week later. The in-person interview was almost 2 hours with 3 separate people and was more about how we got along. They said at that point they were already confident I had the skills to do the job, now it was seeing if we would work well together.

QA Mobile Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Hiring Process only took about a week from application. When they need people, they hire quickly. I had a phone interview with a HR rep and then an In-person with a QA Lead. Both were pretty easy and they were friendly. HR asked about previous experience and the QA Lead asked about game testing details and past experiences testing (I'm an experienced tester).

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you encountered problems working on a team?   Answer Question

Videographer Interview

Interview

Received an initial call one week after I applied that setup a phone interview for the position. Received the interview call. Had 2 people on the line that asked a series of questions.

Systems Administrator Interview

Interview

1 phone, 1~2 onsite interviews. questions can be easy to hard, depending on who you'll bump into. they'll watch your reaction when throwing scenario to you.

Senior 3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Just applied several month ago. One day, recruiter contact me, then have a phone interview with recruiter. A few days later have a phone interview with art director in company. A few days later I got suggestion for onsite interview, then fly to there one week later.
    They are nice and friendly, also provided all of expense for on site interview travel.
    I met each of 6 people for onsite interview. It was good experience to know various people, and know about the studios, but something feel like a unorgaznied. Most of questions are meaningless. Even some of interviwer complained about studios. Some of interviewer talked me about what they are going to make a mobile game, but there is no point of view for what they are going to make it. Some interviewer show me their prototype game, it just look like a Marvel version of Clash of clans. One of uniques thing is there is no art test for position.

Software Developer Interview

Application

Interview

Met with 4 people: a manager, 2 Java developers, 1 web developer.

Conversation with the manager was fine - just wanted to get a feel for my process.

Java developers quizzed me on a couple of design patterns and overall development.

Web developer quizzed me on front-end technologies (not that I was expecting to work with any). When I didn't know something, I asked him how it was done - which he appreciated. I think that may also have helped get me in.

Negotiation

None. Set contract rate.