Disney Interactive Studios

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.8

Production Designer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Had a 15 minute very casual phone interview and was scheduled for an in-person interview a week later. The in-person interview was almost 2 hours with 3 separate people and was more about how we got along. They said at that point they were already confident I had the skills to do the job, now it was seeing if we would work well together.

QA Mobile Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Hiring Process only took about a week from application. When they need people, they hire quickly. I had a phone interview with a HR rep and then an In-person with a QA Lead. Both were pretty easy and they were friendly. HR asked about previous experience and the QA Lead asked about game testing details and past experiences testing (I'm an experienced tester).

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you encountered problems working on a team?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Applied online took some weeks to get a response. But when they did, they asked me why I wanted the position, when I would be available, and what year of schooling I was in. I already wrote a detailed coverletter with all this information so I was bit surprised when they asked me to reiterate that stuff and more of which was already on my resume.

One of questions EXPLICITLY asked if I would be able to move to California with no support from the company. Again, also mentioned in the cover letter, but I reiterated that I would be able to move out there on my own for the time they specifified (half a year from March to the end of August).

No response for 2 weeks and I had other offers to look at. I almost sent a inquiry for where I was at in the process, but they finally responded.

And they said "Sorry, this position requires you to be available full time in California. Due to the fact you go to school elsewhere, you won't be able to meet this requirement." I was blown away by the waste of time and the fact they didn't read anything I wrote. Both on my cover letter, resume, and the email responses. I explcitily wrote multiple times I'd be able to relocate despite schooling. The whole point was that I was ahead and could afford an internship away from school for a semester, as well as take courses online. But apparently, they just chose to ignore that information blatantly. I took another offer immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Do questions that I explicitly answered and then get repeatedly asked about count as unexpected?   Answer Question

Videographer Interview

Received an initial call one week after I applied that setup a phone interview for the position. Received the interview call. Had 2 people on the line that asked a series of questions.

Systems Administrator Interview

1 phone, 1~2 onsite interviews. questions can be easy to hard, depending on who you'll bump into. they'll watch your reaction when throwing scenario to you.

Senior 3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios in September 2014.

Just applied several month ago. One day, recruiter contact me, then have a phone interview with recruiter. A few days later have a phone interview with art director in company. A few days later I got suggestion for onsite interview, then fly to there one week later.
    They are nice and friendly, also provided all of expense for on site interview travel.
    I met each of 6 people for onsite interview. It was good experience to know various people, and know about the studios, but something feel like a unorgaznied. Most of questions are meaningless. Even some of interviwer complained about studios. Some of interviewer talked me about what they are going to make a mobile game, but there is no point of view for what they are going to make it. Some interviewer show me their prototype game, it just look like a Marvel version of Clash of clans. One of uniques thing is there is no art test for position.

Software Developer Interview

Met with 4 people: a manager, 2 Java developers, 1 web developer.

Conversation with the manager was fine - just wanted to get a feel for my process.

Java developers quizzed me on a couple of design patterns and overall development.

Web developer quizzed me on front-end technologies (not that I was expecting to work with any). When I didn't know something, I asked him how it was done - which he appreciated. I think that may also have helped get me in.

None. Set contract rate.

Concept Art Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Interview was fast. it started with a phone call then a call interview. you come in well dressed then three managers interview you one at a time, its pretty pressure oriented. you state your what games you have experience with and what you can contribute then 2 follow up calls.

Interview Questions
    • What new things can you bring to the table ,school doesn't really train you for specific interviews for a certain company they talk in broad terms.it all depends on the employer and what he's looking for so how does one predict that, its a shot n the dark sometimes.   View Answer
    n/a entry level position

Technical Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

This was a relatively light weight and easy interview. I didn't get any particularly challenging questions. The entire process is relatively standardized and meaningless, so your specific experience in getting hired will depend directly on who you end up speaking with.

Interview Questions
    • There was an extensive background check and lots of standardized questions that did not fit the position. The interview/hiring process was quite lengthy.   Answer Question
    The job salaries fit into standardized rates, with some room for negiotation inside the range for your position.

Data Analytics Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios in April 2014.

Received a phone interview after 3 weeks of my application. Basic questions about my resume, experience and skills. Also interested in my career path like why I chose this school and why I applied for this position.