Disney Interactive Studios

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.9

Game Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

This is the SECOND time I've been stonewalled by Disney Interactive over a year.

I applied online, got an email about 2 weeks later from a recruiter asking general questions about my interest in the position and available times. I answered. She responded the next day with "Great! We'll setup an interview over the next week with the times provided, and I'll get back to you with a time."

Radio silence for two weeks. I send a nice followup email and get no response ever to be heard from again.

Its been 3 months and it still says "In-Progress" in the online disneycareers website. I wont be following up with anyone should they suddenly appear.

Videographer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Applied online, received an inital call 2 weeks later informaing me of an interview that would be conducted the following day, with a set time they would call. I received the call, answered their questions and never heard back again.

Production Designer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Had a 15 minute very casual phone interview and was scheduled for an in-person interview a week later. The in-person interview was almost 2 hours with 3 separate people and was more about how we got along. They said at that point they were already confident I had the skills to do the job, now it was seeing if we would work well together.

QA Mobile Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Hiring Process only took about a week from application. When they need people, they hire quickly. I had a phone interview with a HR rep and then an In-person with a QA Lead. Both were pretty easy and they were friendly. HR asked about previous experience and the QA Lead asked about game testing details and past experiences testing (I'm an experienced tester).

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you encountered problems working on a team?   Answer Question

Videographer Interview

Received an initial call one week after I applied that setup a phone interview for the position. Received the interview call. Had 2 people on the line that asked a series of questions.

Systems Administrator Interview

1 phone, 1~2 onsite interviews. questions can be easy to hard, depending on who you'll bump into. they'll watch your reaction when throwing scenario to you.

Senior 3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios in September 2014.

Just applied several month ago. One day, recruiter contact me, then have a phone interview with recruiter. A few days later have a phone interview with art director in company. A few days later I got suggestion for onsite interview, then fly to there one week later.
    They are nice and friendly, also provided all of expense for on site interview travel.
    I met each of 6 people for onsite interview. It was good experience to know various people, and know about the studios, but something feel like a unorgaznied. Most of questions are meaningless. Even some of interviwer complained about studios. Some of interviewer talked me about what they are going to make a mobile game, but there is no point of view for what they are going to make it. Some interviewer show me their prototype game, it just look like a Marvel version of Clash of clans. One of uniques thing is there is no art test for position.

Software Developer Interview

Met with 4 people: a manager, 2 Java developers, 1 web developer.

Conversation with the manager was fine - just wanted to get a feel for my process.

Java developers quizzed me on a couple of design patterns and overall development.

Web developer quizzed me on front-end technologies (not that I was expecting to work with any). When I didn't know something, I asked him how it was done - which he appreciated. I think that may also have helped get me in.

None. Set contract rate.

Concept Art Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

Interview was fast. it started with a phone call then a call interview. you come in well dressed then three managers interview you one at a time, its pretty pressure oriented. you state your what games you have experience with and what you can contribute then 2 follow up calls.

Interview Questions
    • What new things can you bring to the table ,school doesn't really train you for specific interviews for a certain company they talk in broad terms.it all depends on the employer and what he's looking for so how does one predict that, its a shot n the dark sometimes.   View Answer
    n/a entry level position

Technical Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Interactive Studios.

This was a relatively light weight and easy interview. I didn't get any particularly challenging questions. The entire process is relatively standardized and meaningless, so your specific experience in getting hired will depend directly on who you end up speaking with.

Interview Questions
    • There was an extensive background check and lots of standardized questions that did not fit the position. The interview/hiring process was quite lengthy.   Answer Question
    The job salaries fit into standardized rates, with some room for negiotation inside the range for your position.