Disney

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Disney

Interview Details – Process was fairly straight forward, recruiter call, followed by a management call, and then an onsite. The difficult part was it was somewhat disorganized and had the hurry up and wait feeling. Everyone was very friendly and open, easy to converse with. Company has a very open culture and encourages moving around/meeting others.

Interview Question – None really, a few basic case questions, just stop and think and you'll be fine. They did want samples of previous work.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Disney

Interview Details – Was a phone interview, mostly just to get to know me. Interviewer was very nice and asked what general skills I had to see if I was a fit for the internship.

Interview Question – All the questions were related to what skills I possessed. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Disney.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone-interview for the professional project internship. The first is the behavior questions, and talked about you basic information. the second came almost 3 weeks later. for the second one, it looks there are two people over the phone, and the interview included some question from resume and 2 cases resolve. Finally they asked my interested characterize in Disney.

Interview Question – how to manage the check desk in restaurant or the cruise schedule   Answer Question

Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney in November 2011.

Interview Details – After passing a screener, I was interviewed via phone by a panel. After passing the panel stage, I had a 1-on-1 with my potential manager.

Interview Question – How would you turn around the sales of an under preforming product?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay and location.

Anaheim, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney in April 2012.

Interview Details – The lady didn't sound all too happy on the phone and everything felt very strict, nothing like the way Disney does things! I was contacted a week later after I submitted my application and was sent an email asking me to schedule a time for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email from a recruiter a few weeks later saying that they want a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly behaviorial. Then it proceeded to a 1:1 interview with the manager in the business unit. Got a call back the same day saying I got the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Disney? What about Disney is different from our competitors?   Answer Question

Burbank, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney in December 2009.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was with HR, a standard first contact type interview, basic questions about my background and the position I was applying for. The second interview was with my hiring manager and the team I would be working with, they were much more in depth and asked more questions about my scholarly and work experiences.

Interview Question – If you were having problems forecasting marketing expenses because the team often tries to pad their budget how would you deal with this?   Answer Question

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Disney in November 2013.

Interview Details – There was a phone call without any notice and began the short phone interview process. I was on the bus which was so crowded, so I couldn't hear well. I think they process the interview like this because they want to check how the applicants react the embarrassing situation.
Usually they asked things regarding my resume.

Interview Question – What do you think of the disney culture?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Disney

Interview Details – Disney had an online module where you would learn about the company and the various intern positions available. After you finish the module, you take a lengthy personality test, and if you pass, you will get a phone interview.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney in June 2011.

Interview Details – I obtained a phone interview a week after applying online. After passing the phone screen I was invited for an on-site interview. I was scheduled to interview with my 4 future managers and director. All interviews went well and HR was able to provide all necessary passes, maps, to make finding the buildings easy. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None. Interns are locked in a hourly wage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney

Worked for Disney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Disney Intern interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Disney employees and interview candidates.