Disney Internet Group Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Internet Group in June 2013.

Recruiter contacted me after I submitted an online application to a Visual Design position. The process took about 3 weeks total, I heard back from the Recruiter within 2 weeks, we scheduled a phone interview which lasted for about 45 minutes. We went over my portfolio and my past work experiences. They then connected me to speak with one person on my team. Both of them were incredibly nice and well spoken, we talked a lot about design, inspiration, and business of design. After this, my recruiter then scheduled me to speak with all my other team members back to back. Everyone asked very different questions and were very insightful in letting me know the work culture.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite piece in your portfolio and how would you say it impacted the client it was delivered to?   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Disney Internet Group.

I had a phone interview and after about 2 months a face to face after which I was hired on contract. Contract converted into a full time position in 3 months.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

brought me in and had me in front of several people who looked very unkempt and they proceeded to ask me questions which I answered. when I asked them questions that would reveal whether they liked the job or not, the answer I got was, that's confidential.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Internet Group.

Applied via disney career site, set up conference call after 1 month ( I guess??)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Internet Group in April 2012.

Agency recruiter contacted me and set up initial conversation with hiring manager. Subsequently had technical phone screen with a developer. Called in for onsite technical interview consisting of 3-4 rounds, including deva and hiring manager (also technical). Called back to meet with another manager.

Interview atmosphere was mostly friendly and cooperative, rather than adversarial or trying to show you how dumb you are. Interviewer questions seemed well thought out (good preparation).

Interview Questions
    • Don'recall any especially difficult or unexpected, but was asked typical questions about reversing strings, sorting structures, etc. Also got asked about data caching concepts, and probably basic SQL (don't recall).   Answer Question
    It was for contract and the offer was generous, so no need for negotiation.

Customer Support Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Internet Group.

Apply online for the job then you may get a phone interview. Then you are called into interview with about 100 other candidates in a rotating interview fashion between five hiring managers. The process itself lasts about 4 hours with about 5 minutes of interview time between each manager. If you meet their expectations you will be called with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the strangest customer service experience you have had so far?   Answer Question
    None, you take what they offer.

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Internet Group in May 2008.

Phone interview with a recruiter, then two rounds of in-person interviews on separate days. First was with the Director to whom the job reported, two peers, and another internal staff member with whom the position would interact. The second round was with the Director again, his SVP boss, another peer, and two more staff members.

Interview Questions
    • What is your process for developing a project, from initiation to completion?   View Answer
    Salary offered was acceptable; benefits were exceptional.

Since I was joining the company mid-year, it would be 18 months before I'd be eligible for a Short Term Incentive Program (STIP) bonus. I was able to negotiate a signing bonus based on a pro-rated amount of the estimated STIP bonus.

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Disney Internet Group in September 2008.

The HR recruiter reached out to me regarding this role that I had applied for. She provided more detail about the role and asked I was still interested. I answered that I was interested and she set up an in-person interview for me.

The in-person interview consisted of meeting 4 team members in addition to talking to the HR recruiter at the beginning of the interview. The team members were very enjoyable to chat with, they just wanted to gauge how well I would fit into the team and the role. There were a few questions about my skills set and other questions about how I would handle certain situations.

After the in-person interview, I received a call that evening with a verbal offer. The offer letter was sent to me the following week and I officially accepted. They were able to run my background check throughout the next 2 weeks which coincided well with me giving my 2 weeks notice to my previous employer and wrapping up my previous role.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about how I would handle certain production requests for the team   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Disney Internet Group in June 2010.

- responded to a Craigslist ad
    - had an initial phone interview
    - had a day of in-person interviews
    Overall I found the process standard and the interviews relatively easy.

Disney offered me $5K less than my previous position. When I tried to counter, they said they were at the limit to what they could offer me. IMHO this might be true; I am highly paid at what I do.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Internet Group in January 2011.

Getting an interview at Disney is the hard part. They often fill posted positions internally and rely greatly on references. Try to track someone down at Disney to refer you when you apply for a job. The interview process starts with a phone interview from HR, then they bring you in if it seems like a fit. The whole process from the HR call to an offer can take a long time - probably 4 to 8 weeks.

My interview was fairly long. I met with 4 different people, 30 minutes each. Questions were standard. They like to make sure you're a fan of the Disney brand and that you've had experience working on brands with strict guidelines. There are a lot of people at Disney who live and breathe the brand, so try to be excited, upbeat, and positive. They might ask questions like "What's your favorite Disney character?" Culture is very important to them. Make sure you don't dress overly formal. The people who work there tend to be friendly, confident and warm.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked with Disney IP before? Or have you worked with any brands with strict guidelines?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite Disney brand or character?   Answer Question
    For every position there is a range of roughly 10k. Definitely negotiate to make sure you're coming in on the higher end of the spectrum. But ask for anything outside of that 10k range they are going to be totally inflexible.

Worked for Disney Internet Group? Contribute to the Community!