Disney Internet Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Visual Designer Interview

Visual Designer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Internet Group in June 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me after I submitted an online application to a Visual Design position. The process took about 3 weeks total, I heard back from the Recruiter within 2 weeks, we scheduled a phone interview which lasted for about 45 minutes. We went over my portfolio and my past work experiences. They then connected me to speak with one person on my team. Both of them were incredibly nice and well spoken, we talked a lot about design, inspiration, and business of design. After this, my recruiter then scheduled me to speak with all my other team members back to back. Everyone asked very different questions and were very insightful in letting me know the work culture.

Interview Question – What was your favorite piece in your portfolio and how would you say it impacted the client it was delivered to?   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager
North Hollywood, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Disney Internet Group.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and after about 2 months a face to face after which I was hired on contract. Contract converted into a full time position in 3 months.

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Contract Recruiter Interview

Contract Recruiter
Glendale, CA

Interviewed at Disney Internet Group

Interview Details – brought me in and had me in front of several people who looked very unkempt and they proceeded to ask me questions which I answered. when I asked them questions that would reveal whether they liked the job or not, the answer I got was, that's confidential.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Internet Group.

Interview Details – Applied via disney career site, set up conference call after 1 month ( I guess??)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Internet Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – Agency recruiter contacted me and set up initial conversation with hiring manager. Subsequently had technical phone screen with a developer. Called in for onsite technical interview consisting of 3-4 rounds, including deva and hiring manager (also technical). Called back to meet with another manager.

Interview atmosphere was mostly friendly and cooperative, rather than adversarial or trying to show you how dumb you are. Interviewer questions seemed well thought out (good preparation).

Interview Question – Don'recall any especially difficult or unexpected, but was asked typical questions about reversing strings, sorting structures, etc. Also got asked about data caching concepts, and probably basic SQL (don't recall).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was for contract and the offer was generous, so no need for negotiation.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Customer Support Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Internet Group.

Interview Details – Apply online for the job then you may get a phone interview. Then you are called into interview with about 100 other candidates in a rotating interview fashion between five hiring managers. The process itself lasts about 4 hours with about 5 minutes of interview time between each manager. If you meet their expectations you will be called with an offer.

Interview Question – What is the strangest customer service experience you have had so far?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, you take what they offer.

Senior Producer Interview

Senior Producer
North Hollywood, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Internet Group in May 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview with a recruiter, then two rounds of in-person interviews on separate days. First was with the Director to whom the job reported, two peers, and another internal staff member with whom the position would interact. The second round was with the Director again, his SVP boss, another peer, and two more staff members.

Interview Question – What is your process for developing a project, from initiation to completion?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary offered was acceptable; benefits were exceptional.

Since I was joining the company mid-year, it would be 18 months before I'd be eligible for a Short Term Incentive Program (STIP) bonus. I was able to negotiate a signing bonus based on a pro-rated amount of the estimated STIP bonus.

Production Coordinator Interview

Production Coordinator
North Hollywood, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Disney Internet Group in September 2008.

Interview Details – The HR recruiter reached out to me regarding this role that I had applied for. She provided more detail about the role and asked I was still interested. I answered that I was interested and she set up an in-person interview for me.

The in-person interview consisted of meeting 4 team members in addition to talking to the HR recruiter at the beginning of the interview. The team members were very enjoyable to chat with, they just wanted to gauge how well I would fit into the team and the role. There were a few questions about my skills set and other questions about how I would handle certain situations.

After the in-person interview, I received a call that evening with a verbal offer. The offer letter was sent to me the following week and I officially accepted. They were able to run my background check throughout the next 2 weeks which coincided well with me giving my 2 weeks notice to my previous employer and wrapping up my previous role.

Interview Question – Questions about how I would handle certain production requests for the team   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Seattle, WA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Disney Internet Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – - responded to a Craigslist ad
- had an initial phone interview
- had a day of in-person interviews
Overall I found the process standard and the interviews relatively easy.

Negotiation Details – Disney offered me $5K less than my previous position. When I tried to counter, they said they were at the limit to what they could offer me. IMHO this might be true; I am highly paid at what I do.

Senior Designer Interview

Senior Designer
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Internet Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Getting an interview at Disney is the hard part. They often fill posted positions internally and rely greatly on references. Try to track someone down at Disney to refer you when you apply for a job. The interview process starts with a phone interview from HR, then they bring you in if it seems like a fit. The whole process from the HR call to an offer can take a long time - probably 4 to 8 weeks.

My interview was fairly long. I met with 4 different people, 30 minutes each. Questions were standard. They like to make sure you're a fan of the Disney brand and that you've had experience working on brands with strict guidelines. There are a lot of people at Disney who live and breathe the brand, so try to be excited, upbeat, and positive. They might ask questions like "What's your favorite Disney character?" Culture is very important to them. Make sure you don't dress overly formal. The people who work there tend to be friendly, confident and warm.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with Disney IP before? Or have you worked with any brands with strict guidelines?   Answer Question
  • What is your favorite Disney brand or character?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For every position there is a range of roughly 10k. Definitely negotiate to make sure you're coming in on the higher end of the spectrum. But ask for anything outside of that 10k range they are going to be totally inflexible.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney Internet Group

Worked for Disney Internet Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Disney Internet Group interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Disney Internet Group employees and interview candidates.