Disney Parks & Resorts

Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.4

Quick Service Food and Beverage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

I applied online about 2 months ago and finally received an invite to complete their web-based interview. It was really easy just be honest and consistent with your answers and use the "strongly" options as opposed to neutral options. I immediately received an invite to schedule an in-person interview next week. UPDATE: My interview was the easiest thing. However the position I applied for was waitlisted and given how close it was to the holidays my job options were limited to store merch or outdoor vendor. I chose store merch. Scheduled for onboarding a week later which was simple.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do want to work for Disney" "Tell me about a time you had a bad experience with a customer and how you turned it around"   Answer Question

Maintenance Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

It was a lenghy process. First we were interviewed as a group. they asked us questions according to how we filled out the questionaire. Then they called out the names of the ones they were interested in. The rest left, never to be seen again. After that we were given a date for a second interview. The interview itself was pretty straight forward. The big thing that they were looking for was a positive or chipper attitude and honesty but it wasnt too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • If you finished your duties before your shift ended and a friend asked for your help finishing their duties, do you leave your area in order to help that friend?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Hired in at base level then worked way up becoming a trainer and lead. Then went into a selective management program for 6 months. After you are put anywhere they want you. They do hire from the outside sometimes for management.

No Negotiation

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

I applied at the right time so I was able to get through the interview process quickly. 1 online personality test then I was scheduled a face to face interview.

none

Interventions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2014.

First round- Electronic/Online Interview (Bunch of personal preference/behavior questions)
    Second round - Face-to-face interview with a recruiter. Ask about your preference and comfort level with working with people.

Interview Questions
    • What is good customer service? Have you ever been in a situation where you had to speak in front of over 200 people?   Answer Question

Bell Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2014.

Applied online and was invited to take a personality test. After passing, I could chose a time for a 1-on-1 interview. Went to the Casting Center and passed the general interview but was offered three different positions (from the three alternative fields I had chosen online) than what I applied for. The position I ended up choosing required a final group panel interview with hotel management.

Interview Questions
    • What is your impression of the Grand Californian Hotel?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the position but not wage.

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in October 2013.

My entire process took about 9 months. From applying to actually getting hired. I applied in Early June and heard nothing from them until October. I went in to Disneyland casting for a 1-1 interview and they informed me there were no positions available. I was put on the wait list for about 3 more months until I got called for a second interview. This interview was with the manager at the front desk. It was a group/panel interview. About a week later I was offered a position as Guest Services Host. Scheduled my on boarding appointment and got scheduled for Traditions and on the job training in mid February.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions about the resort in general. Brush up on all your Disney knowledge for this position. Some questions I got asked were "How many hotels are there in the resort?" "Where can I go for a romantic dinner?" "What is character dining and where is it offered?" "Where can I go for a quick bite to eat?" "Name the two parks on property" Make sure you always use "proper" names for all locations. i.e. Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa instead of just the Grand Californian.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Attractions Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

The process may have changed since my time there, it is a one-on-one interview that assesses your values and abilities. After about 30 minutes, the interviewer will give several options on what your initial position will be.

Interview Questions
    • What interested you to apply for a position here?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, the job was Union-mandated to start at a specific wage.

Operating Participants Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in July 2013.

This hiring process contained an online application and a phone interview. There were no preliminary questions, which could have eliminated most of the questions in the phone interview.

All of my phone interviews have been approx. 10-30 min late, this one was no different. It seemed as if the interviewer never even read my resume.

The interviewer gave me a return call deadline of one week, and I didn't receive a return call until more than a business days after the deadline. The entire process seemed as if the recruiter already knew who they were going to hire before the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any construction experience? (Note: There was no mention of this requirement in the job posting.)   View Answer

Custodial/Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in July 2013.

i filled out application online. then 30 minutes later i was requested to complete a long web-based personality interview, which i did. about 30 minutes later i got an email to make an appointment for an interview. then got called in for an interview. said an HR rep would contact me within the span of today - jan 25th. depending on need

Interview Questions
    • when was a time you experienced great customer service? explain   Answer Question