Disney Parks & Resorts

Relevance Date Difficulty

CP Food and Beverage Host Interview

CP Food and Beverage Host
Anaheim, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview I had was over the phone. It was very laid back and not hard. But when applying its a good idea to come in business casual. The cast members were very nice and friendly. I went through the College Program which has tons of lessons of understanding Disney.

Interview Question – Most questions were why did you choose to work for Disney and why.   Answer Question

Quick Service Food and Beverage Cashier Interview

Quick Service Food and Beverage Cashier
Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and took the assessment. I got an email notification not long after (I want to say within the hour) and set up an interview. When I went to my interview, I checked in and waited for a few minutes. The guy came out and got me and asked a lot about the job I was working at the time. I saw a lot of people with blue slips to go back for a second interview so I assumed that's what I needed but I ended up getting hired on the spot. I was really nervous because not only did I want to leave the job I was at, but I had always wanted to work for Disney. I took that nervous energy and used it in a positive way. I was just super bubbly and personable.
After I was offered the job, I had to go back for traditions, California Story and foods (I forgot if that was before or after I started) then I was able to start.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – Hired in at base level then worked way up becoming a trainer and lead. Then went into a selective management program for 6 months. After you are put anywhere they want you. They do hire from the outside sometimes for management.

Interview Question – Why you want to be a manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Anaheim, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – I applied at the right time so I was able to get through the interview process quickly. 1 online personality test then I was scheduled a face to face interview.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Talent Coordinator Interview

Talent Coordinator
Anaheim, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in September 2012.

Interview Details – You have to "know" someone just to get in for an interview, or have worked for a while in the entertainment division. There are usually 2 panel interviews and then you get hired as a seasonal/casual part time employee with no guarantee or hours EVER. They schedule you for only a 4 1/2 hr shift so you must be prepared to find another job & live real close to the park.

Interview Question – How do you handle an egotistical band director? Thought this was a pretty negative question and shouldn't even be brought up during initial interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't any negotiating here. They tell you what they pay and you must have FULL availability for their scheduling purposes which of course included nights and weekends.

Anonymous Interview

Anaheim, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in July 2010.

Interview Details – The audition is a two day process, you can audition on either day 1 or day 2. They line you up in groups of 10, and they ask you to say one interesting thing about yourself. Then, they divide you into two groups--the next round and the ones who didnt make the cut (This is about a 15-85% divide).

Interview Question – Tell me one interesting thing about yourself   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Store Operations Hostess Interview

Store Operations Hostess
Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2010.

Interview Details – I went in to the career/job center and applied on their computer.
I got a same day interview and got the job the same day.
But this was 7 years ago, I'm not sure if it's the same anymore.

Interview Question – I can't remember. Just be very positive, enthusiastic, and Disney. They will hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me what my hourly rate would be and that was it.

Guest Services Interview

Guest Services
Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in October 2013.

Interview Details – My entire process took about 9 months. From applying to actually getting hired. I applied in Early June and heard nothing from them until October. I went in to Disneyland casting for a 1-1 interview and they informed me there were no positions available. I was put on the wait list for about 3 more months until I got called for a second interview. This interview was with the manager at the front desk. It was a group/panel interview. About a week later I was offered a position as Guest Services Host. Scheduled my on boarding appointment and got scheduled for Traditions and on the job training in mid February.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer questions about the resort in general. Brush up on all your Disney knowledge for this position. Some questions I got asked were "How many hotels are there in the resort?" "Where can I go for a romantic dinner?" "What is character dining and where is it offered?" "Where can I go for a quick bite to eat?" "Name the two parks on property" Make sure you always use "proper" names for all locations. i.e. Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa instead of just the Grand Californian.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Interventions Interview

Interventions
Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2014.

Interview Details – First round- Electronic/Online Interview (Bunch of personal preference/behavior questions)
Second round - Face-to-face interview with a recruiter. Ask about your preference and comfort level with working with people.

Interview Question – What is good customer service? Have you ever been in a situation where you had to speak in front of over 200 people?   Answer Question

Bell Services Interview

Bell Services
Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was invited to take a personality test. After passing, I could chose a time for a 1-on-1 interview. Went to the Casting Center and passed the general interview but was offered three different positions (from the three alternative fields I had chosen online) than what I applied for. The position I ended up choosing required a final group panel interview with hotel management.

Interview Question – What is your impression of the Grand Californian Hotel?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the position but not wage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney Parks & Resorts

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!