Disney Parks & Resorts Interview Questions in Anaheim, CA

2.4

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Attractions Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in September 2014.

I applied online for an Attractions position with Disneyland in Anaheim. I applied on 8/29. I submitted the application and 5 minutes later, was prompted to take the web-based interview. Once I passed that, they sent me an e-mail to set up an in-person interview for a week later. I had my in-person interview on 9/4 and the interviewer (Rita) said I passed and would be placed on a waiting list for up to six (6) months, at which time I would have to reapply.

I think this is very kisleading because why would they advertise on job sites that there is an open position if there really are none.

Interview Questions
    • How would you tell a child that they were not the right height to ride a certain attraction?   View Answer

Maintenance Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

It was a lenghy process. First we were interviewed as a group. they asked us questions according to how we filled out the questionaire. Then they called out the names of the ones they were interested in. The rest left, never to be seen again. After that we were given a date for a second interview. The interview itself was pretty straight forward. The big thing that they were looking for was a positive or chipper attitude and honesty but it wasnt too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • If you finished your duties before your shift ended and a friend asked for your help finishing their duties, do you leave your area in order to help that friend?   Answer Question

CP Food and Beverage Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in May 2010.

The interview I had was over the phone. It was very laid back and not hard. But when applying its a good idea to come in business casual. The cast members were very nice and friendly. I went through the College Program which has tons of lessons of understanding Disney.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were why did you choose to work for Disney and why.   Answer Question

Quick Service Food and Beverage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2012.

I applied online and took the assessment. I got an email notification not long after (I want to say within the hour) and set up an interview. When I went to my interview, I checked in and waited for a few minutes. The guy came out and got me and asked a lot about the job I was working at the time. I saw a lot of people with blue slips to go back for a second interview so I assumed that's what I needed but I ended up getting hired on the spot. I was really nervous because not only did I want to leave the job I was at, but I had always wanted to work for Disney. I took that nervous energy and used it in a positive way. I was just super bubbly and personable.
    After I was offered the job, I had to go back for traditions, California Story and foods (I forgot if that was before or after I started) then I was able to start.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Hired in at base level then worked way up becoming a trainer and lead. Then went into a selective management program for 6 months. After you are put anywhere they want you. They do hire from the outside sometimes for management.

No Negotiation

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

I applied at the right time so I was able to get through the interview process quickly. 1 online personality test then I was scheduled a face to face interview.

none

Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in September 2012.

You have to "know" someone just to get in for an interview, or have worked for a while in the entertainment division. There are usually 2 panel interviews and then you get hired as a seasonal/casual part time employee with no guarantee or hours EVER. They schedule you for only a 4 1/2 hr shift so you must be prepared to find another job & live real close to the park.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle an egotistical band director? Thought this was a pretty negative question and shouldn't even be brought up during initial interviews.   Answer Question
    There isn't any negotiating here. They tell you what they pay and you must have FULL availability for their scheduling purposes which of course included nights and weekends.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in July 2010.

The audition is a two day process, you can audition on either day 1 or day 2. They line you up in groups of 10, and they ask you to say one interesting thing about yourself. Then, they divide you into two groups--the next round and the ones who didnt make the cut (This is about a 15-85% divide).

Store Operations Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2010.

I went in to the career/job center and applied on their computer.
    I got a same day interview and got the job the same day.
    But this was 7 years ago, I'm not sure if it's the same anymore.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember. Just be very positive, enthusiastic, and Disney. They will hire you.   Answer Question
    They told me what my hourly rate would be and that was it.

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in October 2013.

My entire process took about 9 months. From applying to actually getting hired. I applied in Early June and heard nothing from them until October. I went in to Disneyland casting for a 1-1 interview and they informed me there were no positions available. I was put on the wait list for about 3 more months until I got called for a second interview. This interview was with the manager at the front desk. It was a group/panel interview. About a week later I was offered a position as Guest Services Host. Scheduled my on boarding appointment and got scheduled for Traditions and on the job training in mid February.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions about the resort in general. Brush up on all your Disney knowledge for this position. Some questions I got asked were "How many hotels are there in the resort?" "Where can I go for a romantic dinner?" "What is character dining and where is it offered?" "Where can I go for a quick bite to eat?" "Name the two parks on property" Make sure you always use "proper" names for all locations. i.e. Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa instead of just the Grand Californian.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!