Disney Parks & Resorts Interview Questions in Anaheim, CA

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.4

Retail Sales Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I filled out the online application, then got an email back a day or so later asking me to complete an online interview questionnaire, which upon completion, immediately qualified me to continue with Disney's interviewing process by selecting a date and time for a formal "in person" interview at the Casting center. I made my interview date later for early the next week and went in and had a wonderful experience interviewing with my recruiter. I felt very comfortable talking candidly with him and I felt great about how it went. I got the feedback from him about where he felt I would be a good fit, and what my options were. I agreed to do a second interview for another position in a different department requiring one, and did that a few days later and did fine. I was advised a couple of weeks later, that I did not get that particular position, but that I had done very well in the interview itself. After email contact from my recruiter, I was told I was being placed on a waitlist for a Retail/Merchandising position when one opened up, and was told they open up fairly regularly. I was told to watch my email carefully on a daily basis for an offer, and that I had a short period of time to respond to it, and then could proceed with the hiring process. I feel confident that I will eventually be hired and look forward to working for Disneyland! I am still looking for other employment in the meantime, but unless I am offered something else with much better pay, hours and benefits, and that also interests me a great deal, I am still planning on just waiting for my chance to work for the happiest place on earth!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disneyland?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time during your previous employment when you had to deal with a problem with a customer or another employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Custodial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online via their website. A week or so later I was sent an email notice to take a web based interview. The WBI was pretty much just a personality test. Immediately after completing the WBI I was notified to set up an in person interview. I was offered a position on the spot however there are multiple steps after an offer before you can begin work such as a background check and orientation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe myself. My take was that they were listening to how I talked rather than the content of my words. I suggest being outgoing, animated and anything but introverted. I don't remember specific questions but most were related to customer service and my previous work experience. For example: how might you deal with a difficult guest?   Answer Question

Guest Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I did a long online interview. Then I did one in person 30 minute meeting, I wasn't given the option to interview over the phone or whatever; so I had to take the train down from college to Anaheim.

Interview Questions

• If a child is using a hammer and hurts his thumb, what would you do?   1 Answer

Store Operations Cast Memember/Back of House Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online got an assessment within a day then immediately got email to setup interview. Interview was quick and got offered job on the spot. Asked a few questions about background and previous experience. Asked if i worked well under pressure.

Attractions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for a face to face interview a few weeks later after taking an online personality assessment. The interview was very easy, but my recruiter was very obviously having a bad day, and that affected the interview waaay more than it should have. side effect of working for a company that requires 24/7 smiling?

Interview Questions

• What was one time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Marketing Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very specific and technical. I was caught off guard often because the questions they asked were not typical questions that I'm used to answering in an interview. They asked a lot of situational questions that were semi out of the box.

Interview Questions

• If we were to open up a new attraction in the park, please explain how you would market it?   Answer Question

Attractions Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

This was my first job interview so i did not know what to expect. I went in the cast member building, then signed in, then waited about 30 minutes to get called in for my interview. The interviewer was very nice and friendly. She asked me a couple of questions then told me that i had no job experience and they wanted experience for the attractions position. However, She gave me two other options such as quick service and hostess in restaurants and told me that whenever a position opened up they would schedule a phone interview. So i took the quick service and then she said that we will be in touch within 6 months. So i applied in February and am scheduled for my phone interview April.

Interview Questions

• Why disney? Tell me about yourself. Work with a team or alone better? Difficult situation, how did you solve it? Do you think you'll be a good asset? why? Tell me some of the responsibilities as the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

She gave me two other options.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Went in for quick service restaurant interview. Gave my experience and was wait listed for a tipped server position at Disneyland hotel. 2 weeks later was called in for another interview

Interview Questions

• Give an example how you went above and beyond you call of duty? What would your current boss say about you? What would your co workers say about you? How would you handle certain situation? Give an example of how you overcomed bad situation. Why Disney?   Answer Question

Stores/Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring Process: VERY long process. -Short version: I applied late December and my first day was in May. -Long version: I applied online late December with an employee reference. I received an email late January asking me to take a web based interview. I looked online on how to answer. Give extreme answers (like agreeing/disagreeing very much rather than slightly agree/disagree), it shows confidence in a risky situation. After passing it, I was sent an email immediately asking me to schedule an in person interview. Surprisingly, I got to choose the date and time. I chose a date less than a week later during the beginning of February. Interview: The actual interview was held in the Disney Casting Center. I walked into the front desk and told the lady my name. She directed me to the waiting lobby where almost 10 people were already waiting. EVERYONE wore business attire (slacks, white collared shirt, tie, etc.) so make sure to do that if you get lucky enough for an interview. When a recruiter/interviewer is ready, he/she will exit out their own office/room and call one applicant's name. It was pretty tense/funny since anytime someone's name was called the entire lobby got stopped talking and got quiet as the person went up and shook the interviewer's hand. Anyways I eventually got called. My interview sat in front of a computer and started asking me questions that I included here. I was applying for a merchandise/stores position. There weren't many hard "what would you do in this situation" retail questions as I thought. The interview is really a test on how friendly/well spoken you are. If you are an anxious person like me, study the questions beforehand. I did by using this site and it helped immensely. After the questions were over, my interviewer handed me a paper that showed me the job requirements and asked me to read it. After I was done, she asked me if I could do the requirements and I of course said yes. She then told me there weren't any open positions at the moment but she would put me on the waitlist. Of course, I was disappointed but I made sure not to show that. She gave me a small blue paper and told me I would be on the waitlist for 6 months and I could be contacted anytime during that period. I asked her if I were to be contacted, when I could expect contact and she said "March." It turns out she was right. I got an email mid-March asking if I was still interested, I said yes. Then a few days later, I got an email to schedule a telephone appointment. I scheduled it for two weeks later in the beginning of April (the first available date). A man from Florida called me and offered me the job and scheduled my on boarding appointment (paper work session) for two weeks later and Traditions (orientation) in May. Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to be detailed for anyone curious. Just a reminder: not everyone goes through the same process. Some people got contacted much faster after applying and immediately get the job after the interview. I just happened to interview at a slow period.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself and why Disney? -Why did you leave your previous jobs? -give me an example of you multitasking? -what is guest service in your opinion? -when are you available? -give me an example of a bad guest experience and how you turned it good. How did it make you feel? -do you prefer working alone or in a team? -do you have any prior felonies or convictions? -Why do you choose these three positions as your top three? -Can you do the job requirements?   Answer Question

Costumes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I arrived 30 minutes early to my interview. I sat and waited and got called back by a lady. She asked me why disney? What does customer service mean to you? Tell me about all your past jobs. She said she thinks i am a great candidate for the position and to come back for a second interview. Gave me a date and time to come back.