Disney Parks & Resorts Attractions Host Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.5

Attractions Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Tough but fair. Good interview process all around but make sure you know your stuff before going in there. Interviewers seemed like very nice people and helpful in the whole process. If there's one piece of advice I could give you it is to prepare extensively to give yourself the best shot.

Interview Questions

• What was the premise of the very first Mickey Mouse cartoon?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Attractions Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

I came in through the college program, so it was a very short process. I applied, got the link for the Web Based Interview (or WBI), then was invited to complete a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard and only lasted about 15 minutes. I got an email about 3 weeks later telling me that I was accepted as an attractions host and my pay rate.

Attractions Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

I did the Disney College Program in Spring 2014. I applied and got invited to take the Web-Based Interview within two hours. The WBI was basically a survey that asked about personality traits and your commitment to safety and the workplace. Answer these questions truthfully and put extreme answers (Agree/Strongly Agree or Disagree/Strongly Disagree). Try to avoid neutral or undecided answers as it doesn't reveal much about your work ethics. Upon successful completion of the WBI, (you will find out immediately upon submission) you will be prompted to schedule a phone interview. Be sure you are home in a quiet environment when taking this and be prepared at least 30-45 minutes prior to your scheduled time, as my recruiter called me 20 minutes early. She asked basic work questions such as whether or not you are receptive to the pay, standing for prolonged periods, are able to lift heavy items, standing in the heat outdoors, etc. After the interview, it can take anywhere from a couple days to three weeks to hear a response as to whether you got hired, denied, or postponed on your acceptance.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in an emergency situation?   1 Answer

Attractions Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

The process was very easy, I had to go to the casting center, wait in a lobby for 10-15 mins and got called back to an office. The questions were very simple just telling me about the position and the duties required.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to clean restrooms?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told they would put me on a waitlist and as soon as a position opened they would call me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Online app, personality questions online, when you pass that they'll schedule a phone interview. Once the phone interview goes well they'll call you for a face to face doesn't last long mainly to see where you'll be the best for and where you are needed. Then a few days of welcome to. After that a few days to weeks of training depending on attraction(s) that you will learn. They like people who have confidence to work alone or as a team. People that interact well with many groups of people are a must. Always smile and it'll be an easy process.

Interview Questions

• What did you enjoy best about your last job?   Answer Question
    • Do you work better alone or as a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

After filling out an application agreeing to work all hours but Sunday morning (church), I got an email about 5 days later asking me to do an online interview as the next step. It's about a 40 minute process and - just a guess - seems to be based on the DISC inventory system. My best advice is to be honest - if the job is a good fit, then you'll get it. If not ... you'd of been miserable anyhow. They tell you on the spot after the interview if they'd like you to continue the process. I wasn't chosen to continue, but will still enjoy my time in the parks as a guest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online, got an interview request 3 months later. Got to casting and first went to a group session where we watched a short clip about WDW parks and WDW cast member benefits. Then we took a personality test on the computer which took about 30 mins. Then, you would be seen by a recruiter. He asked me two questions. One about safety in attractions, one about why i would bring magic to WDW. Then he asked me a role-playing question with an uphappy guest. Then he offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is the number one concern with attractions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

It was for the College Program. They came to my school and did a 1:1 interview with the typical questions like what you can bring to the company. Several days late there was a phone interview with the same questions. I applied for attractions host, but they put you where they want and ended up working at fast food. The interviewers were real flakes, so you have to act flaky yourself and pretend Disney is the greatest thing ever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I should start off by saying that when you plan to go to the casting center, be prepared to wait several hours. Depending on how busy it is, they may have you do your entire interview process that day, or they will schedule an interview with you to return another day if you happen to make it that far. You start off by doing a generic computer-based application, and upon completion you wait until the "propaganda room" is ready, where they will play a short movie for a group of applicants explaining how great and magical it is to work for Disney. Following the video, your group is taken into another room with computers, this time for a personality quiz. This is essentially your basic multiple choice scenario questions ("What would you do if...", etc.). Just try to be honest and make the right choices. Then you'll meet with someone for what is essentially a "mini" interview. They're all very basic questions regarding your resume, just so you can elaborate on some things. If you pass the personality quiz, this will be when you find out, and they will either have you wait to speak to an interviewer, or they will pencil you in for an interview on a later date. I actually had to wait 2-3 days to continue the interview process, since it was during the summer hiring rush. In the next phase, chances are they will be interviewing you twice. The first portion will actually involve you being interviewed at the same time as someone else, just so they can observe your composition in a situation like that. Most of the questions will apply exclusively to you or the other interviewee, so you don't have to worry much about what their answer would be. I actually found the process pretty relieving, since the girl who was also being interviewed was just as nervous as myself, and I think it helped the both of us. After that, they do a one on one interview with you just to finish it off. Then they will let you know right there what the outcome is. For me, I was told that while I was perfectly qualified (I applied for Attractions Host), they were unfortunately not looking for anyone in that particular area. But since that was the position I really wanted, they believed that I was worthy enough to be placed on a waiting list. When I heard that, I was like "Psh yeah okay, see you NEVER I guess...", but a month later I got the call offering me the position. After that, you go fill out some paperwork, then to a day of Disney University (that's not a joke, it's real), and then 3-4 days of on the job training with some computer training mixed in. The best advice I can give to people interested in getting in: SMILE! That's one of the most important parts of the interview process, and they WILL look for it. Don't force it, just try to be happy and excited, since your goal here is to work in a happy and exciting environment. And don't underestimate them, they won't just hire anyone, so if you don't come in with your A-game then they will weed you out fairly quickly. But it's all worth it, this was seriously one of the funnest jobs I've ever had and I loved every minute of it. I'm not exactly a Disney freak, but it's hard to hate playing on rides all day and having fun with kids and adults alike.

Interview Questions

• You are working at the Indiana Jones attraction in Adventureland, when a little boy approaches you completely decked out in an Indiana Jones costume. He is full of excitement, and has traveled many, many miles in anticipation of going on this specific attraction. But when you check his height, he does not meet the height requirement and he becomes very upset. How do you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

Applied online, checked constantly through casting..finally got call for interview. Went in and watched a video in a group setting about the company. The presenter told everyone about the low pay, and you have to give them Full availability to your time/ life. If you didn't agree you could leave. After this we all went to a computer lab where we all logged in and took testing. If you "passed", you stayed and got an inter Jew on the spot. You find out at the interview if you got the job. You once again get confirmation of the low pay and full availability. They check you for any peircings and or tattoos (visible) then you go to a room where you are called for paperwork to be filled out for new hires. Order name tags, etc. then done for the day. You come back for orientation at Disney U, where you get a day of company info, union info, benefits, and get a tour of the park (magic kingdom) where you ride the VIP cast member bus for the first time. After this you are scheduled individually for your specific park where you will come into training for your area. I was Tomorrowland. Them we get a training schedule and get to go pick out a couple costumes to get you started until you can do it on your own. Training continues with your specific area

Negotiation

No, they told you the pay- and do you accept.