Disney Parks & Resorts Attractions Host Interview Questions

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2009.

Applied online, checked constantly through casting..finally got call for interview. Went in and watched a video in a group setting about the company. The presenter told everyone about the low pay, and you have to give them Full availability to your time/ life. If you didn't agree you could leave. After this we all went to a computer lab where we all logged in and took testing. If you "passed", you stayed and got an inter Jew on the spot. You find out at the interview if you got the job. You once again get confirmation of the low pay and full availability. They check you for any peircings and or tattoos (visible) then you go to a room where you are called for paperwork to be filled out for new hires. Order name tags, etc. then done for the day. You come back for orientation at Disney U, where you get a day of company info, union info, benefits, and get a tour of the park (magic kingdom) where you ride the VIP cast member bus for the first time. After this you are scheduled individually for your specific park where you will come into training for your area. I was Tomorrowland. Them we get a training schedule and get to go pick out a couple costumes to get you started until you can do it on your own. Training continues with your specific area

No, they told you the pay- and do you accept.

Other Interview Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2009.

I should start off by saying that when you plan to go to the casting center, be prepared to wait several hours. Depending on how busy it is, they may have you do your entire interview process that day, or they will schedule an interview with you to return another day if you happen to make it that far.

You start off by doing a generic computer-based application, and upon completion you wait until the "propaganda room" is ready, where they will play a short movie for a group of applicants explaining how great and magical it is to work for Disney.

Following the video, your group is taken into another room with computers, this time for a personality quiz. This is essentially your basic multiple choice scenario questions ("What would you do if...", etc.). Just try to be honest and make the right choices. Then you'll meet with someone for what is essentially a "mini" interview. They're all very basic questions regarding your resume, just so you can elaborate on some things. If you pass the personality quiz, this will be when you find out, and they will either have you wait to speak to an interviewer, or they will pencil you in for an interview on a later date. I actually had to wait 2-3 days to continue the interview process, since it was during the summer hiring rush.

In the next phase, chances are they will be interviewing you twice. The first portion will actually involve you being interviewed at the same time as someone else, just so they can observe your composition in a situation like that. Most of the questions will apply exclusively to you or the other interviewee, so you don't have to worry much about what their answer would be. I actually found the process pretty relieving, since the girl who was also being interviewed was just as nervous as myself, and I think it helped the both of us.

After that, they do a one on one interview with you just to finish it off. Then they will let you know right there what the outcome is. For me, I was told that while I was perfectly qualified (I applied for Attractions Host), they were unfortunately not looking for anyone in that particular area. But since that was the position I really wanted, they believed that I was worthy enough to be placed on a waiting list. When I heard that, I was like "Psh yeah okay, see you NEVER I guess...", but a month later I got the call offering me the position. After that, you go fill out some paperwork, then to a day of Disney University (that's not a joke, it's real), and then 3-4 days of on the job training with some computer training mixed in.

The best advice I can give to people interested in getting in: SMILE! That's one of the most important parts of the interview process, and they WILL look for it. Don't force it, just try to be happy and excited, since your goal here is to work in a happy and exciting environment. And don't underestimate them, they won't just hire anyone, so if you don't come in with your A-game then they will weed you out fairly quickly.

But it's all worth it, this was seriously one of the funnest jobs I've ever had and I loved every minute of it. I'm not exactly a Disney freak, but it's hard to hate playing on rides all day and having fun with kids and adults alike.

Interview Questions
    • You are working at the Indiana Jones attraction in Adventureland, when a little boy approaches you completely decked out in an Indiana Jones costume. He is full of excitement, and has traveled many, many miles in anticipation of going on this specific attraction. But when you check his height, he does not meet the height requirement and he becomes very upset. How do you handle the situation?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in August 2009.

It was for the College Program. They came to my school and did a 1:1 interview with the typical questions like what you can bring to the company. Several days late there was a phone interview with the same questions. I applied for attractions host, but they put you where they want and ended up working at fast food. The interviewers were real flakes, so you have to act flaky yourself and pretend Disney is the greatest thing ever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2010.

I applied online, got an interview request 3 months later. Got to casting and first went to a group session where we watched a short clip about WDW parks and WDW cast member benefits. Then we took a personality test on the computer which took about 30 mins. Then, you would be seen by a recruiter. He asked me two questions. One about safety in attractions, one about why i would bring magic to WDW. Then he asked me a role-playing question with an uphappy guest. Then he offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is the number one concern with attractions?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in April 2010.

After filling out an application agreeing to work all hours but Sunday morning (church), I got an email about 5 days later asking me to do an online interview as the next step. It's about a 40 minute process and - just a guess - seems to be based on the DISC inventory system. My best advice is to be honest - if the job is a good fit, then you'll get it. If not ... you'd of been miserable anyhow. They tell you on the spot after the interview if they'd like you to continue the process. I wasn't chosen to continue, but will still enjoy my time in the parks as a guest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2008.

Disney ran a newspaper ad, I responded and applied at their casting building. They had us wait for about 30 minutes for a group interview slot. The group interview asked very basic questions, and was not very difficult. It was followed by an individual interview, that again asked basic questions like "discuss a difficult customer service situation you've encountered, and how you were able to resolve it".

Interview Questions
    • Name a difficult customer service situation and how you resolved it?   Answer Question
    • What position are you applying for, and why would you like that job?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, work at Disney is union based and the salary is minimum.

Attractions Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

It was pretty easy. Go in. Answer the questions honestly online and in interview and you'll get the job if you fit the mold. The mold is very clean cut, no visible piercings or tattoos (if they are, they must be covered or no job), hair away from face, no outstanding or personally outstanding looks, must look like you're from the 80's.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your most difficult experience at a job. Did you talk to a manager? If so, how did you approach him/her?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. But I got to pick the job I was going to do.

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!