Disney Parks & Resorts

Relevance Date Difficulty

College Program Intern Interview

College Program Intern
Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through a job posting board. Heard back within a week. Fairly quick turnaround times.

I was asked to set up an initial screening time through their applicant portal. The call came at the allotted time. And sadly, no amount of practice or preparation I did would have prepared me for what happened during this initial phone screening.

It was stressed beforehand that the screening would only be 15 minutes initially. When the lady came on the line, she was nice, but she stressed several things:

1) She only had 15 minutes, so we would have to move quickly.
2) She was writing down the answers as I responded, so if I could keep my answers concise, it would help.
3) There would be some pauses between my responses and her next questions because she needed time to catch up.

Out of courtesy, I did keep my answers a bit shorter than intended. And when she stated there would be pauses, she meant it. There were moments of silence on the line for up to a full minute. For a 15 minute interview, I think only 6-7 minutes of it were actually the screening. Somewhat disappointing and a seemingly inefficient way of approaching the interview. I guess it saves her time, though.

I know other interviewees and those screened had very different experiences. Conversations without any pauses needed. I do believe that if I had a different screener, it would have been a very different outcome.

I'll include below a question that another intern listed here on glassdoor. They received the position with a subpar answer (granted, I do not know how the rest of the interview went). I'll put a more complete and critically thought out response below that will pretty much guarantee you a position if you get this question.

Interview Question – A coworker comes to you and is excited because he / she found a 3% increase in overall customer satisfaction. What would you tell him / her and why?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

MBA Intern - Sustainability Interview

MBA Intern - Sustainability
Burbank, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2011.

Interview Details – The first round seemed useless. This interview was with HR. The lady was not terribly friendly and offered little help. She didn’t seem to be knowledgeable but instead underprepared for the interview. She also called 15 minutes late, which affected my subsequent appointments.

The following rounds gave me the opposite experience. The department manager conducted these. She was tremendously knowledgeable and prepared.

Interview Question – What are Disney’s strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Prove your worth. Eloquence counts.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Burbank, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was all about fit. No technical questions- just behavioral and informal. One manager said that Disney Parks and Resorts is a very conservative work environment and is "republican."

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations?   Answer Question

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!