Disney Parks & Resorts Convention Guide Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Convention Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in December 2011.

I was told at the casting office to watch on WaltDisneyWorld.jobs for a posting for a seasonal position. After finding a posting (for "convention guide") for which I qualified (kept checking daily for about a month), I filled out the online application. It was accepted so I was told to take an online interview within 10 days. I did that on the second day and was told immediately that the interview was successful and that I should schedule an in-person interview. The timetable offered encompassed about a week and a half. The day before the interview I had scheduled, an auto accident caused me to have to reschedule. I was told that I could reschedule any time before my appointment, but that I could only reschedule once. I did so, and arrived at the casting center 2 weeks later for my interview. I watched a short video there about 3 times while waiting to be called in for the interview. The interview was casual and pleasant with questions like why did I want to work at Disney, why did I apply for this particular job (it was the only one posted for which I qualified, plus I really thought I'd enjoy it), and was I capable of the lifting and walking this job might entail. I was told that there were no immediate openings for the position but that I'd be waitlisted because things should open up again after the first of the year. As my daughter put it, I got the job-- there just wasn't one. I was told I could specify one other area for which I could also be considered. When I said that the two areas I had specified, when given that choice on the online interview, were "concierge-front desk" and "park-greeter", I was told that now only one could be noted. Since I was told that "concierge-front desk" was extremely popular and was hired by transfers from within, it would be better to specify "park-greeter". I was also told that my interview could be rated "met expectations", "exceeded expectations", or "greatly exceeded expectations". A "greatly exceeded expectations" rating would put you to the top of the waitlist. That was on 12-19-2011. I have not yet heard anything as of 1-9-2012.

Interview Questions
  • Could I do a lot of walking?   View Answer
  • Could I do lifting (eg. help people with unloading their bags from a bus)?   View Answer
  • In the online interview-- had I solved a problem with a customer without going to a supervisor?   View Answer

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!