Disney Parks & Resorts

Updated Nov 5, 2014

3.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Campus recruiting email was sent out for in person interviews. Sat down and had a 30 minute interview which was enjoyable. They mentioned that they traditionally offer invitations to interview at Orlando 2 weeks after the first round. Received an email 2 weeks later informing me that, though I was a strong candidate, I would not be receiving a second round interview. Still a pleasant process.

Interview Questions
  • Just your average behavioral questions. Why Disney, walk me through your resume, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

On campus information session and interviews the next day. They told me it was a personality interview, but it also included finance and accounting question, and software specific questions. It did started like a regular personality interview to see if you match with Disney corporate culture, the interviewer was testing my moral values at some point.

Interview Questions
    • Excel related questions for financial models, like which formulas and functions I knew how to use to calculate financial problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2011.

Initial recruiting interview conducted over the phone. Second interview brought in for a 2 hour panel interview with 3 different panels. Panels asked a combo of fit questions and technical questions. The technical questions were specifically related to corporate finance and variance analysis. Questions ranged from broad to very specific regarding hypothetical projects.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given 10 million to invest at Disney where would you invest and why?   View Answer
    • How would you know if your project was successful?   View Answer
    I was an internal candidate so negotiating is not common. External candidates have a much better shot at this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in November 2010.

3 month long process. Disorganized communication with HR. Initial interview which involved an Excel test, case study, and speaking with three of the Director, Manager of Finance, Finance Manager, and previous position holder. Second round interview was much more informal. Received notice of offer three months after I had applied or 2 months after the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • Business case: Disney has the chance to open three types of resorts (with different sizes/price points) in the Florida area. Based on the statistics of each one, which type of resort would you recommend they build?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2010.

The interview was all about fit. No technical questions- just behavioral and informal. One manager said that Disney Parks and Resorts is a very conservative work environment and is "republican."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2010.

Was hired as an intern - one general HR phone interview. Was told quickly that I was retained for an interview with a Manager of Finance. This was a phone interview again and upon hire, the company decides which finance team the intern will join. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation possible at all!

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Panel Interview with a case study