Disney Parks & Resorts

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

University of Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – On campus information session and interviews the next day. They told me it was a personality interview, but it also included finance and accounting question, and software specific questions. It did started like a regular personality interview to see if you match with Disney corporate culture, the interviewer was testing my moral values at some point.

Interview Question – Excel related questions for financial models, like which formulas and functions I knew how to use to calculate financial problems.   Answer Question

Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in November 2010.

Interview Details – 3 month long process. Disorganized communication with HR. Initial interview which involved an Excel test, case study, and speaking with three of the Director, Manager of Finance, Finance Manager, and previous position holder. Second round interview was much more informal. Received notice of offer three months after I had applied or 2 months after the initial interview.

Interview Question – Business case: Disney has the chance to open three types of resorts (with different sizes/price points) in the Florida area. Based on the statistics of each one, which type of resort would you recommend they build?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2010.

Interview Details – Was hired as an intern - one general HR phone interview. Was told quickly that I was retained for an interview with a Manager of Finance. This was a phone interview again and upon hire, the company decides which finance team the intern will join. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell us about an excel function you have used and why   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible at all!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2011.

Interview Details – Initial recruiting interview conducted over the phone. Second interview brought in for a 2 hour panel interview with 3 different panels. Panels asked a combo of fit questions and technical questions. The technical questions were specifically related to corporate finance and variance analysis. Questions ranged from broad to very specific regarding hypothetical projects.

Interview Questions

• If you were given 10 million to invest at Disney where would you invest and why?   View Answer
  • How would you know if your project was successful?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was an internal candidate so negotiating is not common. External candidates have a much better shot at this.

Burbank, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was all about fit. No technical questions- just behavioral and informal. One manager said that Disney Parks and Resorts is a very conservative work environment and is "republican."

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – Panel Interview with a case study

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!