Disney Parks & Resorts Hostess Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

I applied at the right time so I was able to get through the interview process quickly. 1 online personality test then I was scheduled a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
none

Other Interview Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kissimmee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2012.

There was a job fair for this place at Downtown Disney advertised on Craigslist. I called to confirm that it was actually a legit posting and I went in on the day. The hostess gave me an application and sat me with the others. There were maybe 12-15 total people there. I filled out the application and waited to be called. The interview itself was very different from the ones I had. It was the first interview I had with a man though, so maybe they have a different style, lol. Anyway, it was very quick-paced. I had put that I wanted the hostess or the server position. I have a background in food service, but no actual serving experience so I didn't think I had much of a chance of that one.

In short, he really liked my background working at Panera. He asked if I'd had experience serving alcohol and I said no, but that it would be no problem for me to learn. He responded like he was surprised to hear that, which I thought was weird because wouldn't anyone say that if they wanted to get the job? He had to leave briefly to deal with a problem and the guy interviewing the other half of the group (this one was the head chef) came over, introduced himself and sat to look at my application. And didn't say anything else other than asking about my availability. The other man came back (he was a manager) and after reiterating the alcohol question he asked me "hypothetically" if I were to receive an offer for the hostess position and then came and worked there for a few months, got to know the menu and the alcohol (they were known for their tequilas) and then given a chance to move to server, would I like that? Uh, duh yeah I'd love that. Lol, I said that would be great. Then he told me that he really liked how professional I was, that I seemed for outgoing and able to approach people easily, see what they needed. And not to toot my own horn, but he was totally right. I knew I was good at all of those things. So, yeah. I felt great after that. And I knew that no one else had applied for the hostess position (there was a sign up sheet where we wrote our name and the position we were applying for) so I felt pretty confident.

I waited a week and called to see how things were progressing. They gave me the basic "still reviewing applicants and they'll call then blah blah". I called again this time more than a week later (because seriously, 2 1/2 weeks to decide on a couple servers and hostess?) and was told that if I hadn't heard from them by then they probably weren't hiring me. I was pretty pissed. The guy all but told me he was going to call me (right before the interview ended, but I didn't mention above) and had many great things to say about me, was visibly impressed with my attitude and willingness to learn and there were like maybe 10 people there and only 4 of them were women, who all applied to be servers, so what about me wasn't good enough? I brushed it off though. Maybe one of the others who applied for server weren't qualified either and offered the hostess position. Maybe they'd had experience serving alcohol.

Barely a week later I was again on Craigslist and they had placed another freakin' ad this time specifically for hostesses! Are you KIDDING me?! Screw them. Oh, and I had eaten there before the job fair because I wanted to see what the place was like, do a little researching of my own (yeah, I give me all when I'm going for a job), and I was not hugely impressed. Our server was friendly, but the hostesses....well, maybe they didn't hire me because I didn't suck enough. : P Oh, and the food is bland and overpriced, but hey! That's Disney for ya.

Interview Questions

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!