Disney Parks & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.4

Guest Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Lake Buena Vista, FL).

Interview

You call, then go in to Casting. Walk up the long hallway, check in, wait, watch a movie with subtitles in multiple languages, it highlights the terrible wage you're about to sign up for. Leave, wait more. Finally interview with someone who scours a computer and says "you'll be good at this job." Then sends you down the ramp, get fingerprinted, sign a ton of paperwork, then show up for training.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to stand for long periods of time?   2 Answers

Monorail Pilot Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Initial phone call to set up in person interview. Casting center interview was like waiting in an attraction line, there were so many interviews going on. Was disappointed that although I meet all criteria on description and my resume supported that, was treated like I didn't understand what I was applying for, was offered food service instead. Also disappointed that I was never asked anything about the company or why I wanted to work there.

Attractions Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Lake Buena Vista, FL).

Interview

Disney Parks & Resorts using an online system filled with customer service questions and scenarios. If you successfully complete this part, you will receive an email within 24 hours to schedule an interview at Casting. There was only one interview with very minimal questions.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in doing at the Walt Disney World Resort?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   2 Answers

Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied to Disneyland around early April, 3 weeks after i self termed in Disneyworld in Florida for Emergency reasons. I was terrified i was going to be on Restricted Rehire or No rehire at all. but that wasnt the case. I got an email 4 months later asking me for a web based interview, since i had already taken it before, i passed. Scheduled the interview for 4 days later. I got to the Team Disney place to the casting center, Security checked my bag and told me where to go, I checked in with the receptionist at the desk, and she told me they would call in me in a couple of minutes. I sat next to another girl and chatted until they called her name. Then my name was called. I greeted the lady woman who was interviewing me, shook her hand and smiled. First thing she said was "So you have worked for Disney before?" And i told her yes, told her what my role was and what my job duties where (Quick Service Food And Beverage). Since i had applied for "Custodial/Merchandise/Food And Beverage/Attractions" position that was on the website, she handed me 3 papers with different jobs and there duties. She asked me which two i preferred, i said either attractions or merchandise. And she asked me a couple of questions regarding stuff that had to do with the positions. She asked me to step outside so she could check to see if there are any positions available. I waited for around 8 minutes when she called me back in, said she found a position in merchandise in Disney California Adventure. I accepted and she congratulated me and walked me out to the front desk and handed the receptionist a paper to schedule Onboarding.. and i have traditions in 2 weeks. I am beyond excited to go back and work for the mouse!!

Interview Questions

• Why Disney?   1 Answer
    • What makes good Costumer Service?   1 Answer
    • Can you swim? Are you Claustrophobic? Are you afraid of heights? Can you distinguish between green and red? (For attractions)   Answer Question

House Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process went very smooth, I applied online via the disney careers website. Roughly 4 days later i got an email for a web based interview, passed interview and set up following in-person interview for roughly 5 days later. Came in an hour early due to heavy thunderstorms, checked in and waited to be called. Met with my interviewer who had a very charismatic personality and after about 15-20 minutes I got hired on. To give a little detail though please note that I already had prior employment with the company in their college program, when you have previous employment and were a good cast member it really helps the interview process. The job that i applied for and the two subsequent others that i picked as back-ups as well were not available due to my scheduling needs. My interviewer though went out of their way to check and see if there was nothing else available for me. Luckily for me we were able to find a job who just so happened to be in the career field I am currently studying for. I happily accepted and to note this is why I love working for the company. To go in and have not one but all three positions that you show interest in be unavailable due to scheduling conflicts and to come out with a hat trick type job at a very prominent location. You really can't make better Magic than that, to me I hit the jackpot. While the job title isn't the "dream/end goal" job but in my career field you always start at the bottom to learn every aspect. That way when you rise through the ranks you can relate not only to your fellow cast member's concerns but also know the very detailed process of how each position fits into overall operations.

Interview Questions

• Interview question for me was only "How do you feel about this job position?" Since I had prior experience with the company and a good track record mine was a bit more streamlined and easier than a normal interview.   1 Answer

Reservations Sales Agent Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this and some other positions. I actually was interviewing for one of the other positions at Disney Casting and the interviewer thought I'd be good for the reservations sales job and walked my resume down the hall. Within several hours afterwards I received an invitation on my Disney Dashboard to schedule a phone interview for the reservations sales position. It was a somewhat generic HR interview and the interviewer decided to put more forward to the next step and then received a dashboard invitation for an in person interview at the DRC. The DRC interview consisted of two parts, a computer skills assessment and personality test, and then a face to face interview with a sales manager and a trainer (Fantastically warm and friendly. I felt like they were routing for me to succeed!). Eight days later I received another invitation on Dashboard to schedule a call from a recruiter. The recruiter was warm and very informative. I accepted the offer, but have yet to complete the hiring process. The Disney HR folks are all terrific and I'm especially thankful that the Casting Center interviewer offered to personally forward my application for this position. I do recommend reading the other interview reviews here as they did help me prepare for mine.

Interview Questions

• How do you close the deal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter made an offer that I knew was on the high side of the range so I accepted.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very simple. It began with a quick phone interview, less than a 15 minute conversation. The in person interview was also a quick process. I met with just one HR representative.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very basic interview questions. Strengths, weaknesses, how you work under pressure, etc.   Answer Question

Interview

It was a hard process. I had to wait 2 months in order to get hired at disneyland. I am still a current cast member and hope to stay one for as long as i can.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Phone interview--didn't listen to anything I said about my work preferences. If you list food and beverage (even as a last choice), that's what you'll be doing. They give you specific instructions/suggestions on how to have a successful phone interview (quiet room with no distractions, have your resume in front of you, etc.) which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• You have several roles listed here, how would you rank them in terms of which job you'd be most interested in?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice and asked questions about steps of service. They just wanted to get an idea of if you have ever served before. Then placed you in situational questions to see if you would be a good fit for the company should something unexpected arise.