Disney Parks & Resorts Interview Questions

2.4

Attractions Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

I put in a online application. Immediately got a response to set up a interview. At interview the position I originally applied for I did not meet requirements. So they put me under attractions instead. After interview i got a call 3 weeks later about information for the job and what shoes, socks, and makeup (to cover my tattoos) i needed. Then they sent me to a drug test. 3 weeks later I had to go in and copy paperwork for them, and a week from then I started my first day.

Interview Questions
    • They did not ask me any basic interview questions.   View Answer

Hotel Front Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

The interview was great. The guy was super nice and it was very conversational. I was super nervous and it was a breeze. I had a first interview and a second interview. Both went very well.

Massage Therapist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Applied initially to a posting online. Disney replied with an email to schedule a phone interview. You set the day and time for your phone interview through a webpage. It is recommended to be in a quiet place for the interview and have your cell phone fully charged.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. Why do you want to work for Disney? Employment history. Positive customer experience. How did you turn a bad situation around? Are you able to meet the job duties? Massage modality experience. Do you meet the Disney appearance guidelines?   View Answer

Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

First round was a phone screen basic HR and behavioral questions and second round was with hiring manager, he asked few behavioral questions, questions about my projects and skillset. It was not very difficult. Be ready to talk about your projects and skillset. HR and hiring manager both were very friendly.

Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interviewer was late for phone interview. Phone Interview was quick and easy. Asked alot of basic questions and some situational questions. Basically what would you do in a certain situation. Interview was short and lasted for only 17 minutes.

Costuming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

The HR called, and I answered the phone. We talked like about 20 minutes, and she said manager would call me in 5 days. Thank you. So I waited for 2 days and talked to 2 managers, they are both very nice and interesting. We talked about the job functions and everything related to costuming I feel they were so passion about their jobs!!

Decision Sciences Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

First interview is fairly standard questions about job and educational experience. The subsequent technical interview was aimed at trying to assess your knowledge level on different analytical techniques. Rather than ask critical thinking questions or puzzles, this process was based on asking theoretical questions about your areas of expertise (define theorems, outline algorithms, etc.). The job is definitely for purely quantitative people who are interested in developing their own algorithms, software, and analytical methods.

Interview Questions
    • Define 'x' theorem that relates to your course of study.   Answer Question

Attractions Host Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Tough but fair. Good interview process all around but make sure you know your stuff before going in there. Interviewers seemed like very nice people and helpful in the whole process. If there's one piece of advice I could give you it is to prepare extensively to give yourself the best shot.

Interview Questions
    • What was the premise of the very first Mickey Mouse cartoon?   View Answer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

I was recruited off of Linkedin by Walt Disney World Resorts. My initial interview was with a recruiter which went ok. Since this was a technical position, I assume they are just making sure you can clearly describe what you do.

Next I spoke with the hiring manager in a 30-60 minute telephone interview. The conversation was very good, the manager was pleasant. He asked more details about system administration and what I am looking for in a job and then gave details about his team and projects.

The third interview was a online video interview that lasted 2 hours. I was asked very detailed technical questions about items on my resume. They were making sure I could do the tasks I placed on my resume.

The fourth interview was on site in Orlando, which they paid for me to attend. It was not technical at all, much more personality and situation. The hiring manager and directory were very nice and we talked about the position and the types of projects they were looking to accomplish. I also interviewed with a mid-level manager who was very proud of himself. I did not care for him.

I did receive an offer, however Disney did not offer any more money or benefits that I already was making. They offered $10K less than I said I was looking to make in the very first HR screen interview. The position required a relocation and their relocation benefits were terrible. Basically Disney makes an offer and then they expect you to accept it on their terms. They did not negotiate on salary, vacation, or relocation. In the end I turned down the job because I was not going to lose thousands of dollars for the privilege of working for Disney.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to maintain a mainframe   View Answer

I declined because they didn't offer me any more money or benefits than I already make. They refused to negotiate and was shocked that I attempted to do so. After about a month of trying to negotiate, I declined the position. I figured that if this company was so hard nosed on the front end of the job, that working for them would eventually become a nightmare.

Attractions Host Interview

I came in through the college program, so it was a very short process. I applied, got the link for the Web Based Interview (or WBI), then was invited to complete a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard and only lasted about 15 minutes. I got an email about 3 weeks later telling me that I was accepted as an attractions host and my pay rate.