Disney Parks & Resorts

2.4

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in December 2014.

It was a pleasant experience in a very relaxing atmosphere. The phone testing was not very difficult. Everyone was pleasant as expected. After testing there was an interview with team leader and trainer. Also met with a manager and person that has position I applied for.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Was first contacted by HR partner for long distance telephone interview. Took about 20-30 minutes to discuss some benifits, salary range, company expectations etc. Was then booked for an in person interview with direct report, direct co-worker, and their direct report. They were very prepared, professional, and polite! Not intimidating, just inquiring.

Interview Questions
    • Did ask the typical "Describe a time when.... and how did you handle it" type of questions. Nothing too unexpected or difficult though.   Answer Question

Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Basic phone screen where they ask you the same questions mentioned before: Why disney? Talk about your past experience(s). How do you work well with others? How do you handle conflict? etc. I personally was very upset after my interview - I had an internship with a huge multi-billion dollar company that almost everyone has heard of yet my interviewer had no idea what the company was and kept mispronouncing its name the entire time as I was giving her examples. It was almost as if she was not fully paying attention to what I was saying. I have worked for Disney for almost 3 years now (College Program Intern, Campus Rep, and Seasonal in the parks) and that, along with relevant experience, didn't even get me a second round interview. I also made an effort and get my name out in the relevant departments. Most people who seemed to get more than one interview have applied to the position at least 2/3 times. It all seemed so random. Moral of the story: apply multiple time and maybe you will get lucky to move on to the next round.

Disney College Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Web based interview for your skills and personality. Want to see if you are a good team member and work well with different personalities
    Phone Interview that was easy about 20 minutes. Ask if you've lived with others and how you handle it when you don't get along with roommates or members of your work team
    Helps to smile on the phone - upbeat company that wants to hire a upbeat personality.

Interview Questions
    • How would I react to a customer waiting while other cast members stood by not paying attention.   Answer Question

Attractions Host Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

The process was very easy, I had to go to the casting center, wait in a lobby for 10-15 mins and got called back to an office. The questions were very simple just telling me about the position and the duties required.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to clean restrooms?   View Answer
    I was told they would put me on a waitlist and as soon as a position opened they would call me.

Atrractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Once you complete the application, there is an initial online interview in which you just have to answer a few basic questions honestly that assess your personality . Once you do that, you will receive an email stating whether or not you have been chosen to move on to an in-person interview. If chosen, you are then giver a weeks time to set up an interview which a time slot can be chosen online. All interview take place at the Disney Casting Center. During the interview I was asked probably less that 10 questions. Mainly, am I comfortable speaking in front of crowds, standing for long periods of time, comfortable with heights, do I know what is the most important thing when it comes to attractions (safety), and do I have reliable transportation.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there were no difficult questions. Probably the easiest interview I've had in my life. If you have good energy, smile a lot, and seem to have good work ethic, then you will get the job. Disney likes their employees to have vibrant personalities so if you show that in the interview then you will most likely get the job.   Answer Question

Lived 3 hours away at the time and the move did not work out in time.

Character Performer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

An audition. Height was measured upon arrival and photos of the face and full length body were taken. Did a small, relatively easy movement routine followed by some physical improv. Stood in a line at the end of the exercise while some people were asked to turn side profile and some were asked questions about acting experience. Afterwards, names were called out of people who would be staying for additional dance evaluation or costume/hair/makeup trials for specific roles. I remained for both. The second dance was more difficult that the first but nothing that would be outside of the realm of someone with training and experience. The fittings had Disney hair/makeup artists put us in the wig/makeup/costume of various characters and then we did a little monologue and an in character improv.

Interview Questions
    There was a straight up hourly pay with no negotiation available.

Culinary Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Be professional, show passion, be confident, and mostly be yourself and if you have the disney shine you will get the experience of a lifetime. There is no other place in the world than that of disney and to be able to share those experiences with others in invaluable. They ask you questions all relative to the food and beverage industry. They want to know if you have basic culinary knowledge such as weights and measurements, ability to formulate recipes on the spot, and produce seasonality.

1 week

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

It was a position within the Risk Management dept. Applied online, got a recruiter phone screen in about 2 weeks. After that an in-person interview was set up for the following week. Interviewed with the hiring manager, the manager's team leader, and two analysts. The interview went well overall. The team dynamics were great. I was told that it was the only round of interview and that I would be notified before the end of the month. I called back after two weeks of no response, and learned that they hired an internal candidate.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Campus recruiting email was sent out for in person interviews. Sat down and had a 30 minute interview which was enjoyable. They mentioned that they traditionally offer invitations to interview at Orlando 2 weeks after the first round. Received an email 2 weeks later informing me that, though I was a strong candidate, I would not be receiving a second round interview. Still a pleasant process.

Interview Questions
    • Just your average behavioral questions. Why Disney, walk me through your resume, etc.   Answer Question