Disney Parks & Resorts Interview Questions

2.5

Attractions Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in September 2014.

I applied online for an Attractions position with Disneyland in Anaheim. I applied on 8/29. I submitted the application and 5 minutes later, was prompted to take the web-based interview. Once I passed that, they sent me an e-mail to set up an in-person interview for a week later. I had my in-person interview on 9/4 and the interviewer (Rita) said I passed and would be placed on a waiting list for up to six (6) months, at which time I would have to reapply.

I think this is very kisleading because why would they advertise on job sites that there is an open position if there really are none.

Interview Questions
    • How would you tell a child that they were not the right height to ride a certain attraction?   View Answer

Food and Beverage Cast Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2011.

The process starts with an online application. I was contacted within a few days by a Disney recruiter with a link for an online aptitude test. A few days after that they contacted me to set up an interview. The cast member who did the interview was very professional and courteous. I was greatly impressed with how he treated me even though I was only applying for seasonal work. He told me I was hired at the end of the interview and set a date when training would begin. The training was a week long and very thorough. It was the best training I have ever received for a job. I loved every minute of it. Overall I was greatly impressed with the level of professionalism and thorough training they gave me. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a guest complaint about the food or the long lines?   View Answer
    Because of my experience they started me at a higher rate. Also I ended up working at Magic Kingdom and because it is the busiest park they give each employee an additional amount on top of the base rate of pay.

Maintenance Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

It was a lenghy process. First we were interviewed as a group. they asked us questions according to how we filled out the questionaire. Then they called out the names of the ones they were interested in. The rest left, never to be seen again. After that we were given a date for a second interview. The interview itself was pretty straight forward. The big thing that they were looking for was a positive or chipper attitude and honesty but it wasnt too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • If you finished your duties before your shift ended and a friend asked for your help finishing their duties, do you leave your area in order to help that friend?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

The hiring and interview process varies on position and department. long resume sorting process (first pass done by a computer- so it is necessary to include all of the key words from the job description in the body of your resume), typically a panel interview followed by an individual interview with the senior leadership of that department. The process quite often takes a month plus...

Interview Questions
    • name 10 different ways to use this pen   View Answer
    not much room to negotiate unless you are in executive leadership

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kissimmee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in August 2014.

I was so thrilled with the whole Disney Interview process. Everyone was so kind. The recruiter asked questions, I answered. She was very helpful. I enjoyed the whole process. She was very kind.

Interview Questions
    Disney did not negotiate...

Reservations Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in August 2014.

Filled out an application, and in 2-3 business days, was given an invite for a web based interview. Passed that stage, and now onto the in-person interview. As long as your resume has what they're asking in the job description, you should get an invite for the online interview just as fast. The best advice for the online interview, is be consistent and always be strong in your decisions. Try not to be in between or neutral. We'll have to see how I do for the person to person interview....to be continued.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions on the online interview, ask if your the type of person that likes to meet or help other people.   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2013.

Phone interview first. They ask where and what you would like to do then ask you "how would you respond if this happens..." type questions. Next you just wait... that simple

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond if a child was hitting Mickey Mouse?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in July 2014.

First, I filled out the online application, found on the Disney careers website. I was then given the opportunity to take the web-based interview, which was more of a personality test. Since I passed the web-based interview, I was offered an in-person interview, which I scheduled for the next day. All the staff was very nice.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in July 2014.

Online, schedule interview day/time, 30-60 min interview. If it's not the job you want, they have other positions you may be interested in. They treat you with respect, and it was fairly casual and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, unless you are trying to apply for a position in which you are not qualified for.   Answer Question
    I was given several options for what I was seeking. I chose what seemed to suit my long term goals, as opposed to the immediate openings.

Quick Service Food and Beverage Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in July 2014.

I decided to apply for Disney world after recently moving to Florida, I applied for Merchandise. About 2 days later i was invited for a Web based interview. After that a day later i received an invite for a in person interview. I scheduled it, Walked in the casting Center, confused where to go at first but there's a ramp you go up to. Told the receptionist i had an interview, she told me who was going to be interviewing me, I sat down and waited for about 30 minutes. I was really nervous and i kept looking around waiting for my name to be called. My interviewer called my name, and immediately was extremely nice and smiley. I felt so comfortable so quick, that my nervousness went away. He asked me about my past job experiences (which was only one short job) and duties. If i had any volunteer work, asked me if i would be willing to work outside (i said yes, but i do not want to stand outside this hot humid weather). He told me that i would have be put on the wait list for merch, but Food and beverage was open. I accepted. And he gave me a couple of places i could chose to work at. I chose a cafe in the magic kingdom (indoors! Thank god!). After that he asked me which Disney character would describe me. And He gave me a paper to sign, agreeing i would not talk about any Disney secrets will learn about in the next few weeks. After that he just congratulated me,shook my hand, and welcomed me to the Disney family. He was very nice and happy! I waited for the receptionist to call me up to schedule the on boarding appointment and Traditions. I just got fingerprinted, background checked, and got my cast member i.d taken yesterday for onboarding! Excited for traditions in a week and a half!

Interview Questions
    • Which Disney Character would most describe you?   View Answer
    You have the option to work in the magic kingdom, where they get premium pay (about 60 cents more), since its the busiest park at Disney world, Basically $9 an hour.

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!