Disney Parks & Resorts

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.4

Quick Service Food and Beverage At WDW Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

I applied online in October and was emailed in December about moving forward. After a few more online steps, I got an in-person interview at the Casting Center across from Downtown Disney. She asked me "Why Disney?" and we had a nice conversation, definitely not a difficult interview. She liked me enough to ask me where I wanted to work and what position I wanted, which was really nice! Overall, it was a long process but definitely worth it.

Interview Questions
    • "Why Disney?" was basically the whole interview, other than maybe asking about a few things on my resume.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

I was recruited off of Linkedin by Walt Disney World Resorts. My initial interview was with a recruiter which went ok. Since this was a technical position, I assume they are just making sure you can clearly describe what you do.

Next I spoke with the hiring manager in a 30-60 minute telephone interview. The conversation was very good, the manager was pleasant. He asked more details about system administration and what I am looking for in a job and then gave details about his team and projects.

The third interview was a online video interview that lasted 2 hours. I was asked very detailed technical questions about items on my resume. They were making sure I could do the tasks I placed on my resume.

The fourth interview was on site in Orlando, which they paid for me to attend. It was not technical at all, much more personality and situation. The hiring manager and directory were very nice and we talked about the position and the types of projects they were looking to accomplish. I also interviewed with a mid-level manager who was very proud of himself. I did not care for him.

I did receive an offer, however Disney did not offer any more money or benefits that I already was making. They offered $10K less than I said I was looking to make in the very first HR screen interview. The position required a relocation and their relocation benefits were terrible. Basically Disney makes an offer and then they expect you to accept it on their terms. They did not negotiate on salary, vacation, or relocation. In the end I turned down the job because I was not going to lose thousands of dollars for the privilege of working for Disney.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to maintain a mainframe   View Answer

I declined because they didn't offer me any more money or benefits than I already make. They refused to negotiate and was shocked that I attempted to do so. After about a month of trying to negotiate, I declined the position. I figured that if this company was so hard nosed on the front end of the job, that working for them would eventually become a nightmare.

Attractions Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

I did the Disney College Program in Spring 2014. I applied and got invited to take the Web-Based Interview within two hours. The WBI was basically a survey that asked about personality traits and your commitment to safety and the workplace. Answer these questions truthfully and put extreme answers (Agree/Strongly Agree or Disagree/Strongly Disagree). Try to avoid neutral or undecided answers as it doesn't reveal much about your work ethics. Upon successful completion of the WBI, (you will find out immediately upon submission) you will be prompted to schedule a phone interview. Be sure you are home in a quiet environment when taking this and be prepared at least 30-45 minutes prior to your scheduled time, as my recruiter called me 20 minutes early. She asked basic work questions such as whether or not you are receptive to the pay, standing for prolonged periods, are able to lift heavy items, standing in the heat outdoors, etc. After the interview, it can take anywhere from a couple days to three weeks to hear a response as to whether you got hired, denied, or postponed on your acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in an emergency situation?   View Answer

Merchandise Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Smile and hold the conversation. There are no questions that grill you on knowledge. The recruiter just needs to feel comfortable that you can engage people, be friendly, and above all, smile!

Interview Questions
    • I've found four locations at each of the theme parks, which one do you prefer?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

The process was unorganized from the get go - my recruiter completely scheduled my interviews on the wrong day, and it took over 6 months for them to get back to me - hiring process was way too long.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions asked - anyone with a simple knowledge of HTTP processes and architecture would have no problem with interview questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, not even when I received a counter offer.

Cast Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Submitted an application online for an hourly position and received an invitation to take a personality test a few days later. Immediately after the test I was informed that I passed and got to schedule my in-person interview.

During the interview we went over my resume and job descriptions, and a few questions about why I wanted to work for the company and why I think I'd be a good fit. We took a break and then my recruiter gave me job descriptions for two positions that I might do well in, and to pick a preference. I was waitlisted for up to six months because there weren't any spots available, but contacted a week later for my second interview.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in December 2014.

It was a pleasant experience in a very relaxing atmosphere. The phone testing was not very difficult. Everyone was pleasant as expected. After testing there was an interview with team leader and trainer. Also met with a manager and person that has position I applied for.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Was first contacted by HR partner for long distance telephone interview. Took about 20-30 minutes to discuss some benifits, salary range, company expectations etc. Was then booked for an in person interview with direct report, direct co-worker, and their direct report. They were very prepared, professional, and polite! Not intimidating, just inquiring.

Interview Questions
    • Did ask the typical "Describe a time when.... and how did you handle it" type of questions. Nothing too unexpected or difficult though.   Answer Question

Disney College Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Web based interview for your skills and personality. Want to see if you are a good team member and work well with different personalities
    Phone Interview that was easy about 20 minutes. Ask if you've lived with others and how you handle it when you don't get along with roommates or members of your work team
    Helps to smile on the phone - upbeat company that wants to hire a upbeat personality.

Interview Questions
    • How would I react to a customer waiting while other cast members stood by not paying attention.   Answer Question

Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Basic phone screen where they ask you the same questions mentioned before: Why disney? Talk about your past experience(s). How do you work well with others? How do you handle conflict? etc. I personally was very upset after my interview - I had an internship with a huge multi-billion dollar company that almost everyone has heard of yet my interviewer had no idea what the company was and kept mispronouncing its name the entire time as I was giving her examples. It was almost as if she was not fully paying attention to what I was saying. I have worked for Disney for almost 3 years now (College Program Intern, Campus Rep, and Seasonal in the parks) and that, along with relevant experience, didn't even get me a second round interview. I also made an effort and get my name out in the relevant departments. Most people who seemed to get more than one interview have applied to the position at least 2/3 times. It all seemed so random. Moral of the story: apply multiple time and maybe you will get lucky to move on to the next round.