Disney Parks & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.4

Retail Sales Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I filled out the online application, then got an email back a day or so later asking me to complete an online interview questionnaire, which upon completion, immediately qualified me to continue with Disney's interviewing process by selecting a date and time for a formal "in person" interview at the Casting center. I made my interview date later for early the next week and went in and had a wonderful experience interviewing with my recruiter. I felt very comfortable talking candidly with him and I felt great about how it went. I got the feedback from him about where he felt I would be a good fit, and what my options were. I agreed to do a second interview for another position in a different department requiring one, and did that a few days later and did fine. I was advised a couple of weeks later, that I did not get that particular position, but that I had done very well in the interview itself. After email contact from my recruiter, I was told I was being placed on a waitlist for a Retail/Merchandising position when one opened up, and was told they open up fairly regularly. I was told to watch my email carefully on a daily basis for an offer, and that I had a short period of time to respond to it, and then could proceed with the hiring process. I feel confident that I will eventually be hired and look forward to working for Disneyland! I am still looking for other employment in the meantime, but unless I am offered something else with much better pay, hours and benefits, and that also interests me a great deal, I am still planning on just waiting for my chance to work for the happiest place on earth!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disneyland?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time during your previous employment when you had to deal with a problem with a customer or another employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

ECommerce Help & Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied via their website on April 10 and didn’t get an offer to do an in-person interview until May 8. Scheduled the in-person interview for June 4, which included some personality testing, basic computer skills, typing test, and proofreading test. I was offered the job the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to assist a co-worker/customer/guest and how you went about doing it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Pay was based on experience and wasn't discussed until there as an offer presented.

Stage Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2015.

Interview

I received an email asking me to schedule an interview nearly 4 weeks after I applied. I opted for a phone interview and it lasted for roughly 20 minutes or so. It was pretty straight forward. The interviewer wasted little time getting to the questions and made no small talk. The questions were easy. I failed by not fitting the "Disney Look". Disney has a very traditional standard when it comes to physical appearance and dress code. I have the 3 things men cannot have: long hair, piercings (my ears), and visible tattoos (hardly). I understand that Disney wants to maintain a clean, conservative image, but this is the entertainment industry for crying out loud! It'd be one thing if I were a cast member or someone whose job deals directly with the public, but I'd be an A/V tech working behind the scenes. One of the reasons I enjoy the entertainment industry is because there is typically a lack of judgement for having a non-traditional appearance. Needless to say, I was pretty upset that my chance at getting an awesome job was thwarted because of a VERY conservative dress code.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself?

Why do you want to work for Disney?

What's your career goal/ what do you want to get out of this?

If you're running audio from FOH and you hear a buzz coming from the stage: How would you determine the source of the problem?

If you had to mic up a standard rock drum kit, what mics would you use?

What is phantom power?

Answer Question

Monorail Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. As soon as I arrived, I checked-in with the front desk at the Casting Center and waited until my recruiter came out. We greeted each other and as we were walking back to his office, he asked me why I wanted to be a monorail attendant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a monorail attendant?   1 Answer

Attractions Cast Member Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and immediately got an email saying I can take the online based interview. This is basically just a personality test. From there I got an email for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite park and why?   2 Answers
    • What do you consider an outstanding cast member?   1 Answer
    • What do you consider to be attractions?   1 Answer
    • What do you do, it's late at night your ride is closed and an angry guest come up to wanting to ride the ride?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was a phone interview that took about 30 minutes. Interviewer was very friendly and asked about relevant experience. Then they quizzed me on some basic staging questions...what is phantom power and how is it used, are you comfortable with heights/fire, etc.

Store Operations Cast Memember/Back of House Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online got an assessment within a day then immediately got email to setup interview. Interview was quick and got offered job on the spot. Asked a few questions about background and previous experience. Asked if i worked well under pressure.

Attractions Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in May 2015.

Interview

It was very relaxed. They basically asked me to explain my interests and why I would like to work at disney. The interview lasted about 20 mins, and she told me she would like to hire me, but I would have to wait a little bit until some things opened up that fit my schedule.

Guest Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I did a long online interview. Then I did one in person 30 minute meeting, I wasn't given the option to interview over the phone or whatever; so I had to take the train down from college to Anaheim.

Interview Questions

• If a child is using a hammer and hurts his thumb, what would you do?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Norwalk, CA).

Interview

Phone interview at the college i was attending. The interview was right after a represtative from Disney gave a huge speech about how amazing the advantages was being part of the program and how it can benefit you...what they forgot to mention is that it can destroy your career as well and all dreams of ever working in any company owned by Disney...which today is pretty much everything.....Im writing this to help warn students about the program. They are not flexible, and will have you commit to more that 40 hrs of week all, night shift while going to school full time.. I regret doing the program. The classes taught there were also horrible...Not really professional. We gave a presentation and out teacher was falling asleep...way to go Disney...

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest conflict with a guest and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question