Disney Parks & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.4

Store Operations Cast Memember/Back of House Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very simple. It began with a quick phone interview, less than a 15 minute conversation. The in person interview was also a quick process. I met with just one HR representative.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very basic interview questions. Strengths, weaknesses, how you work under pressure, etc.   Answer Question

CP Food and Beverage Host Interview

Interview

It was a hard process. I had to wait 2 months in order to get hired at disneyland. I am still a current cast member and hope to stay one for as long as i can.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Phone interview--didn't listen to anything I said about my work preferences. If you list food and beverage (even as a last choice), that's what you'll be doing. They give you specific instructions/suggestions on how to have a successful phone interview (quiet room with no distractions, have your resume in front of you, etc.) which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• You have several roles listed here, how would you rank them in terms of which job you'd be most interested in?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice and asked questions about steps of service. They just wanted to get an idea of if you have ever served before. Then placed you in situational questions to see if you would be a good fit for the company should something unexpected arise.

College Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

I thought it was a fairly easy process, but I did my research on questions beforehand. Pit includes a very simple online survey and then a phone interview if you passed the online portion. My phone interview was very short, and my interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a guest that speaks a foreign language you do not know?   1 Answer

Reservations Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was completed at the Reservations Center in Tampa, Fl. They brought us as a group back to a computer lab where they had us take an assessment that included guest scenarios and entering information that a customer gives you into a database. Once the assessment was completed they then took you back to do a one on one interview with one of their leadership team.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Disney?   Answer Question
    • Tell us how you would respond to (scenario) with guest.   Answer Question
    • Tell us how you would respond to (scenario) with a travel agent on behalf of a guest.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I filled out the online application, then got an email back a day or so later asking me to complete an online interview questionnaire, which upon completion, immediately qualified me to continue with Disney's interviewing process by selecting a date and time for a formal "in person" interview at the Casting center. I made my interview date later for early the next week and went in and had a wonderful experience interviewing with my recruiter. I felt very comfortable talking candidly with him and I felt great about how it went. I got the feedback from him about where he felt I would be a good fit, and what my options were. I agreed to do a second interview for another position in a different department requiring one, and did that a few days later and did fine. I was advised a couple of weeks later, that I did not get that particular position, but that I had done very well in the interview itself. After email contact from my recruiter, I was told I was being placed on a waitlist for a Retail/Merchandising position when one opened up, and was told they open up fairly regularly. I was told to watch my email carefully on a daily basis for an offer, and that I had a short period of time to respond to it, and then could proceed with the hiring process. I feel confident that I will eventually be hired and look forward to working for Disneyland! I am still looking for other employment in the meantime, but unless I am offered something else with much better pay, hours and benefits, and that also interests me a great deal, I am still planning on just waiting for my chance to work for the happiest place on earth!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disneyland?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time during your previous employment when you had to deal with a problem with a customer or another employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

ECommerce Help & Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied via their website on April 10 and didn’t get an offer to do an in-person interview until May 8. Scheduled the in-person interview for June 4, which included some personality testing, basic computer skills, typing test, and proofreading test. I was offered the job the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to assist a co-worker/customer/guest and how you went about doing it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Pay was based on experience and wasn't discussed until there as an offer presented.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screen with a recruiter about 2 weeks after applying. I was rather unimpressed with the recruiter and the questions that were asked, but it seems she was impressed with me as I was contacted about a week later for a video interview. This interview was about 30 minutes with 2 managers in Pricing. It was a lot of the basic questions you expect from an interview and I was asked 1 situational question. It took about 30 minutes total. About another week later I was contacted for an onsite interview. I was asked to be there from 9am - 4:30pm. It was a full day of interviews with various departments, as they all work together. There was also a brief case study, that was pretty simple if you know anything about the role you apply for and the company. Everyone there was nice to speak with and seemed happy working for Disney.

Interview Questions

• Who was my favorite Disney Character and what would they be able to bring to the role I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Stage Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2015.

Interview

I received an email asking me to schedule an interview nearly 4 weeks after I applied. I opted for a phone interview and it lasted for roughly 20 minutes or so. It was pretty straight forward. The interviewer wasted little time getting to the questions and made no small talk. The questions were easy. I failed by not fitting the "Disney Look". Disney has a very traditional standard when it comes to physical appearance and dress code. I have the 3 things men cannot have: long hair, piercings (my ears), and visible tattoos (hardly). I understand that Disney wants to maintain a clean, conservative image, but this is the entertainment industry for crying out loud! It'd be one thing if I were a cast member or someone whose job deals directly with the public, but I'd be an A/V tech working behind the scenes. One of the reasons I enjoy the entertainment industry is because there is typically a lack of judgement for having a non-traditional appearance. Needless to say, I was pretty upset that my chance at getting an awesome job was thwarted because of a VERY conservative dress code.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself? Why do you want to work for Disney? What's your career goal/ what do you want to get out of this? If you're running audio from FOH and you hear a buzz coming from the stage: How would you determine the source of the problem? If you had to mic up a standard rock drum kit, what mics would you use? What is phantom power?   Answer Question