Disney Parks & Resorts

379 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Clerk Interview

Retail Sales Clerk

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in April 2012.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with some individual. There was never a face to face interview with anyone. I don't believe I once talk to a manager until the orientation process. The interview would just ask question about your personal work experiences. I heard some individual were asked random question about disney.

Interview Question – There was never any difficult question, mostly question about your pervious work experiences. Maybe the occasion which disney character you choose to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was never a negotiation phase. you just get an email saying you got the job and that you're expected to show up to orientation with dates and time.

Deployment Associate Interview

Deployment Associate
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in December 2010.

Interview Details – They post for a general interview and hire a group to be placed in a pool. When positions become available throughout the year they pull from the pool rather than interviewing every time there is a position avail.

Interview Question – What are your opportunities?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offer what they offer and if you do not like it you do not get the job. Pay is decided by another team in a different office that has never met you and barely knows anything about you. Vacation and Sick time is all based on years of service and never negotioable.

Professional Internship Program Interview

Professional Internship Program

Interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a phone interview invitation 15 days later.

The interview was a great experience. The interviewer is very kind and slowly speaking, which would make you feel talking with a friend. She is very professional.

Interview Question – Questions basically emphasize on leadership, multi-tasking.   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Interaction Designer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – Applied through their website but after several weeks nothing happened. Had a recruiter contact me. He sent my resume directly to the hiring manager and after that a phone interview was scheduled. The hiring manager called me on the schedule time. Most questions were pretty straight forward. Not much of a dialogue.

Interview Question – Creating 'magical' experiences   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better offer

Vacation Planner(Ticket Sales) Interview

Vacation Planner(Ticket Sales)
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – You schedule your own appointment online once you receive an invitation to interview. When you arrive for the interview you will check in at the front desk and then sit with 50 other people waiting for their name to be called. It took me about 40 minutes before I was called back to meet with a recruiter.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you went above and beyond while selling tickets in your previous role   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation! If you're full-time you have to give full availability and you're schedule is based on seniority! You can request time off but it's never guaranteed.

Walt Disney World Photopass Photographer Interview

Walt Disney World Photopass Photographer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – I applied online and didn't receive any contact or email until 4 weeks later. I was then sent a link to complete the Web Based Interview (personality quiz). After the initial interview, you are then requested to pick the date and time of your face to face interview. The waiting room for the interviewees is packed so chances are you will not begin your interview at scheduled time. The staff were super nice and friendly.

Interview Question – How would you get a customer to purchase a photo? What if they don't like it because they say "they look fat"? How would you communicate with guests to take a photo at an unpopular spot(i.e. by some bushes)? What if a guest doesn't speak the languages you speak?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position had already been filled even though I answered all the questions regarding but was offered a different position.

Restaurant Guest Service Manager Interview

Restaurant Guest Service Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – was hired from the college program position. submitted resume, interviewed with Talent Manager. was given offer to work in restaurant in EPCOT world showcase. meet with a interview board of five managers. is a "rapid fire interview". they ask as many questions as they can to see how quickly/competently you answer. once you pass, you get a location offer. you don't get to choose, the talent manager picks where they feel you a best fit. salary is non negotiable.

Interview Question – during rapid fire questioning - " your restaurant is fully booked, no open tables, a family of six shows up having gotten lost in the park. mom is in tears. characters have already finished their rotation for the night. it is the last day of their vacation and are not staying on property. how do you accommodate them/recover the situation"?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. they will tell you your salary could raise based on yearly review.

Pricing Analytics Professional Internship Interview

Pricing Analytics Professional Internship

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2014.

Interview Details – When applying for professional internships you must first input your info online (resume, cover letters, transcript). From there you may be asked to take part in a phone screening interview. The screening questions are very easy and basically about your skills, an overview of your work history, strengths and weaknesses, and whether or not you meet their basic requirements (legal resident, can provide your own transportation, etc.). It's a very simple interview, but make sure to show lots of enthusiasm and go into great detail about how awesome you are. Also, make sure to elaborate on the professional internships you are specifically interested in. If you don't do these things you are very unlikely to stand out from the hundreds (if not thousands) of other candidates. The notes taken in your screening interview are what the recruiters from all the different PIs look at when deciding which candidates to interview.

I was only given one second interview (I applied for 6 separate PIs). This interview was for their pricing analytics internship. I studied and prepared, but I was not prepared for the types of questions they would ask. They primarily asked complex situational questions (some 4-5 parts). For example: "If we wanted to build a fifth park, where should we build it? Why there? What should the theme be? Why? What would you do to determine these things? Etc." I'm not sure if they were actually looking for good and complex answers or if they were mostly looking for how I handled the questions. I was not able to keep up with the rapid fire questions, and I know I failed to answer certain parts. Instead, I did my best to keep a cool head and think my answers out.

You should also keep in mind that their preferred qualifications are for MBA and masters students. It might be a good idea to take this into account when choosing which PIs to apply for. In other words, spread out your applications.

I hope you have better luck than I! I was not offered a position.

Interview Question – "If we wanted to build a fifth park, where should we build it? Why there? What should the theme be? Why? What would you do to determine these things? Etc."   View Answer

Sous Chef Interview

Sous Chef

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in September 2010.

Interview Details – May have to cook for a management position and do a panel interview

Interview Question – Regional cuisine that i am not familiar with   Answer Question

Alumni Only Professional Internship Interview

Alumni Only Professional Internship
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, took a personality test, and was given a call a few weeks later. Was asked several standard questions such as tell me about a time you had to lead and then some Disney-specific ones as as "tell me about a magical moment you had during your college program." Was given an offer three weeks later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a Guest and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney Parks & Resorts