Disney Parks & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.4

Professional Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Interviewer was late for phone interview. Phone Interview was quick and easy. Asked alot of basic questions and some situational questions. Basically what would you do in a certain situation. Interview was short and lasted for only 17 minutes.

Costuming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Lake Buena Vista, FL).

Interview

The HR called, and I answered the phone. We talked like about 20 minutes, and she said manager would call me in 5 days. Thank you. So I waited for 2 days and talked to 2 managers, they are both very nice and interesting. We talked about the job functions and everything related to costuming I feel they were so passion about their jobs!!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

First interview is fairly standard questions about job and educational experience. The subsequent technical interview was aimed at trying to assess your knowledge level on different analytical techniques. Rather than ask critical thinking questions or puzzles, this process was based on asking theoretical questions about your areas of expertise (define theorems, outline algorithms, etc.). The job is definitely for purely quantitative people who are interested in developing their own algorithms, software, and analytical methods.

Interview Questions

• Define 'x' theorem that relates to your course of study.   Answer Question

Attractions Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Tough but fair. Good interview process all around but make sure you know your stuff before going in there. Interviewers seemed like very nice people and helpful in the whole process. If there's one piece of advice I could give you it is to prepare extensively to give yourself the best shot.

Interview Questions

• What was the premise of the very first Mickey Mouse cartoon?   1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Went in for the interview. asked basic questions. was my first interview. you have to have at least three days of availability which I didn't have so I didn't receive an offer.

Staff Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Celebration, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Celebration, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the Jobs site. After two weeks I was contacted to schedule an interview. The interview itself was with the prospective manager and their manager. The interview lasted about one hour and consisted of scenario-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Your leader asks you to do something and says its a high priority and must be done today. His/her leader asks you to do a different high priority task that must be done today. You only have time to do one, what do you do?   Answer Question

CP Food and Beverage Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

They sent a link to take the web based interview. It was a personality test. Then they asked me to come for an interview. The interview process was great and my recruiter was really nice and he made me less nervous. I didn't have the experience for Host/hostess but he gave me options. Attractions, Cusdotial, quick service and Merchandise. I choose Quick service and Custodial. He said he would put me on a wait list and it would activate after I graduated hs in May. I was a lil sad but I really appreciated them putting my education first. But, 2 days later they told me to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter just told me I am working at Magic kingdom, my salary and told me to bring in paper work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disney?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

I was recruited off of Linkedin by Walt Disney World Resorts. My initial interview was with a recruiter which went ok. Since this was a technical position, I assume they are just making sure you can clearly describe what you do.

Next I spoke with the hiring manager in a 30-60 minute telephone interview. The conversation was very good, the manager was pleasant. He asked more details about system administration and what I am looking for in a job and then gave details about his team and projects.

The third interview was a online video interview that lasted 2 hours. I was asked very detailed technical questions about items on my resume. They were making sure I could do the tasks I placed on my resume.

The fourth interview was on site in Orlando, which they paid for me to attend. It was not technical at all, much more personality and situation. The hiring manager and directory were very nice and we talked about the position and the types of projects they were looking to accomplish. I also interviewed with a mid-level manager who was very proud of himself. I did not care for him.

I did receive an offer, however Disney did not offer any more money or benefits that I already was making. They offered $10K less than I said I was looking to make in the very first HR screen interview. The position required a relocation and their relocation benefits were terrible. Basically Disney makes an offer and then they expect you to accept it on their terms. They did not negotiate on salary, vacation, or relocation. In the end I turned down the job because I was not going to lose thousands of dollars for the privilege of working for Disney.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to maintain a mainframe   1 Answer

I declined because they didn't offer me any more money or benefits than I already make. They refused to negotiate and was shocked that I attempted to do so. After about a month of trying to negotiate, I declined the position. I figured that if this company was so hard nosed on the front end of the job, that working for them would eventually become a nightmare.

Attractions Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

I came in through the college program, so it was a very short process. I applied, got the link for the Web Based Interview (or WBI), then was invited to complete a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard and only lasted about 15 minutes. I got an email about 3 weeks later telling me that I was accepted as an attractions host and my pay rate.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2015.

Interview

First round is just behavioral and some technical questions. Behavioral questions can be what motivates you in your education or what motivates you in life? Other questions could be like why Parks & Resort?