Disney Parks & Resorts

349 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Attractions Cast Member Interview

Aurora, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was rather easy. I applied, they set up an interview through email communication. I went to a website and clicked on my preferred day and time. They did a phone interview. They asked a few questions such as "Why do you want to work for Disney", "Why should we hire you". They sent an email out after the interview thanking me for interviewing. They then contact you by phone if you get the job and by email if you do not.

Interview Question – "Are you creative?" I'm assuming they asked this to gauge how easily I could bring the "show" to life.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really able to negotiate. Just expected to move down, get a place and start on a certain day.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Glendale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2013.

Interview Details – Initial call from a staffing agency recruiter advising of the position to gauge my interest and skill-set alignment. Resume submitted to Disney recruiter who communicated to Hiring Manager who then decided to move forward with interview. Next steps were signing a 3 year NDA in order to discuss project/products relating to the position. Followed by two series of phone interviews and a panel interview series in-house.

First Phone interview was with the Senior PM based in Florida and followed a high level overview of the position, program, projects/products to be worked on. General questions asked related to interaction with PMO's, walkthrough of day-to-day tasks, high level breakdown of workflow, familiarity with PM tools, agile, kanban, lean.

Second Phone interview occurred 1 week later with Technical Project Manager based in Glendale, CA. Questions revolved around agile methodologies and implementation, asked to give examples of instances of product adaptation to align with schedule and budget limitations.

Third in-house interview: Panel Interviews with Senior PMs and Technical Project Manager, 1:1 with Senior Producer, Lead Designer, Director of Product Development, 30 minutes -1 hour each amounting to total of ~3 hours. Short break after each interview. Questions revolved around being provided scenarios for product development, project planning, resource and risk management, design and implementation.

Interview Question – Brand Manager assessed the need to create X product based of Y demand to incentivize consumer purchases when exiting the park. How would you begin planning to provide an assessment and release schedule? How would you gauge your resource and budget needs to deliver? What do you need to build your team? How would you mitigate risk? Describe your team's development process.   Answer Question

Customer Analyst Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2014.

Interview Details – Done with one HR screen test...asked only general HR related questions..easy interview lasted for around 15minutes

Interview Question – no...it was not at all technical   Answer Question

Disney College Program Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in April 2010.

Interview Details – They do a presentation at most colleges across the US to spread the word about the college program. You apply online and if you are accepted or not they send you a welcome packet or a denial letter I suppose.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work Custodial or Food Service?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

College Program Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – Applied online with a basic web based interview. Waited a few weeks until I received an email asking to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was very basic questions. Why Disney? What previous experience do you think makes you a good candidate for this job? What do you think the requirements of this job are? Etc.

Interview Question – How would you greet guests coming into the park?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Attractions Cast Member Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied at disney online and received a web interview 30 mins later. It is basically a personality test. Once you pass that, they will send you an email to schedule an in person interview. I was able to schedule an interview in 3 days. When I interviews they asked me why I wanted to work here, their priority, and availability. Then they took me to the fingerprint and picture room.

Interview Question – What is more important?
Getting people through fast pass?
Telling a kid that he is too short for the ride?
Answer phone calls?
  View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – just ask basic question, but because my schedule not match.

Graduate Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – The interview process, for me, consisted only of one phone interview - although I've heard of other applicants who had to go through multiple rounds. My phone interview was with two people, who would eventually become my managers. None of the questions were too difficult - just mostly about my experience, career aspirations, etc.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?   Answer Question

Monorail - Part Time Interview

Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in October 2013.

Interview Details – The process is rather automated. For hourly positions one must exhibit some experience, take and aptitude test and then wait to be extended an interview. I was in the interview seat in less than 10 days for this position. I scheduled a mid afternoon interview on a Friday. The scheduling software had a glitch after I arrived and I soon found myself sitting in the reception area with less than 5 fellow interviewees. My interview was rather short as I could not assure the company of full availability three days a week. I think the wording was a little confusing and maybe my input was valid as the wording has changed since my fall 2013 interview.

I found the cast members to be personable and professional. They are making decisions based on how you the candidate present yourself at that very first instant. Be sure you are smiling, have a nice handshake and look the cast member in the eye as you greet them. It does not hurt to make an obvious effort of pushing your chair back under the table if at one of those seats. Honestly, the HR cast member will have their decision made as to whether they want to pursue hiring you before hitting their office.

Interview Question – None - just be ready to explain why you love Disney   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I could not commit to being available for three full days.

Graphic Designer Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in November 2012.

Interview Details – 1. portfolio submitted
2. phone interview (screening)
3. phone interview with employer in specific department