Disney Parks & Resorts

382 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pricing Analytics Professional Internship Interview

Pricing Analytics Professional Internship

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2014.

Interview Details – When applying for professional internships you must first input your info online (resume, cover letters, transcript). From there you may be asked to take part in a phone screening interview. The screening questions are very easy and basically about your skills, an overview of your work history, strengths and weaknesses, and whether or not you meet their basic requirements (legal resident, can provide your own transportation, etc.). It's a very simple interview, but make sure to show lots of enthusiasm and go into great detail about how awesome you are. Also, make sure to elaborate on the professional internships you are specifically interested in. If you don't do these things you are very unlikely to stand out from the hundreds (if not thousands) of other candidates. The notes taken in your screening interview are what the recruiters from all the different PIs look at when deciding which candidates to interview.

I was only given one second interview (I applied for 6 separate PIs). This interview was for their pricing analytics internship. I studied and prepared, but I was not prepared for the types of questions they would ask. They primarily asked complex situational questions (some 4-5 parts). For example: "If we wanted to build a fifth park, where should we build it? Why there? What should the theme be? Why? What would you do to determine these things? Etc." I'm not sure if they were actually looking for good and complex answers or if they were mostly looking for how I handled the questions. I was not able to keep up with the rapid fire questions, and I know I failed to answer certain parts. Instead, I did my best to keep a cool head and think my answers out.

You should also keep in mind that their preferred qualifications are for MBA and masters students. It might be a good idea to take this into account when choosing which PIs to apply for. In other words, spread out your applications.

I hope you have better luck than I! I was not offered a position.

Interview Question – "If we wanted to build a fifth park, where should we build it? Why there? What should the theme be? Why? What would you do to determine these things? Etc."   View Answer

Sous Chef Interview

Sous Chef

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in September 2010.

Interview Details – May have to cook for a management position and do a panel interview

Interview Question – Regional cuisine that i am not familiar with   Answer Question

Alumni Only Professional Internship Interview

Alumni Only Professional Internship
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, took a personality test, and was given a call a few weeks later. Was asked several standard questions such as tell me about a time you had to lead and then some Disney-specific ones as as "tell me about a magical moment you had during your college program." Was given an offer three weeks later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a Guest and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Art Design Intern Interview

Art Design Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – They were very easy going, I was interviewed by two people and both of them were very nice. I got the opportunity to meet the director and the process took about a month since application online.

Interview Question – What is the Disney Brand?   Answer Question

Attraction Cast Member Interview

Attraction Cast Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was easy. She asked me if I knew all 4 parks and then asked me about my past experience and why disney. She offered me 3 job s she thought I would love and I chose attractions.

Interview Question – no difficult questions very easy interview, very friendly.   Answer Question

College Program Intern Interview

College Program Intern
Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through a job posting board. Heard back within a week. Fairly quick turnaround times.

I was asked to set up an initial screening time through their applicant portal. The call came at the allotted time. And sadly, no amount of practice or preparation I did would have prepared me for what happened during this initial phone screening.

It was stressed beforehand that the screening would only be 15 minutes initially. When the lady came on the line, she was nice, but she stressed several things:

1) She only had 15 minutes, so we would have to move quickly.
2) She was writing down the answers as I responded, so if I could keep my answers concise, it would help.
3) There would be some pauses between my responses and her next questions because she needed time to catch up.

Out of courtesy, I did keep my answers a bit shorter than intended. And when she stated there would be pauses, she meant it. There were moments of silence on the line for up to a full minute. For a 15 minute interview, I think only 6-7 minutes of it were actually the screening. Somewhat disappointing and a seemingly inefficient way of approaching the interview. I guess it saves her time, though.

I know other interviewees and those screened had very different experiences. Conversations without any pauses needed. I do believe that if I had a different screener, it would have been a very different outcome.

I'll include below a question that another intern listed here on glassdoor. They received the position with a subpar answer (granted, I do not know how the rest of the interview went). I'll put a more complete and critically thought out response below that will pretty much guarantee you a position if you get this question.

Interview Question – A coworker comes to you and is excited because he / she found a 3% increase in overall customer satisfaction. What would you tell him / her and why?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Lifeguard Interview

Lifeguard
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in May 2013.

Interview Details – They will ask about your ability to swim. Then they have you submit to a drug test, since it is a safety critical role. Then they'll schedule you for a swim test through the Ellis Company. Then they have you get trained for lifeguarding after they give you the Disney training.

Negotiation Details – They did not allow you to get the job you tested or request. Instead they give you the role they want to put you in. And then when you get there you demand a transfer.

Attorney Interview

Attorney

I applied online and interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – Overall a long process. Even though long, was still a positive and would welcome the opportunity to try again.

Interview Question – No questions that were overall difficult or unexpected. They centered around past work experience, skill set and emotional intelligence type questions.   Answer Question

Guest Service Manager Interview

Guest Service Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – Promoted from within. Extensive application and interview process. Three levels of management approval required just to apply for management internship. Panel interview of multiple high-level managers. Then there is a very long waiting game before you finally hear anything, and I mean months. Talk about pin and needles... Also, they make it clear that during your 4-5 month internship you are not able to take any time off at all for essentially any reason.

Interview Question – If we asked your subordinates to describe you, what would they say?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation at all. They inform you of placement and pay, but do not allow for any counter-offers or discussion.

Summer Professional Intern Interview

Summer Professional Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – It was an HR interview. The HR was really nice and her voice was positive, which helped me to calm down since I was really nervous at the beginning. She asked why I chose Disney for the intern and what I expect to get from the intern. I was also asked to explain how my previous intern and experience prepared me for the intern. She also asked about some difficulty I had faced and how I solved it.