Disney Parks & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.5

Vacation Planner(Ticket Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

You schedule your own appointment online once you receive an invitation to interview. When you arrive for the interview you will check in at the front desk and then sit with 50 other people waiting for their name to be called. It took me about 40 minutes before I was called back to meet with a recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you went above and beyond while selling tickets in your previous role   View Answer
    There was really no negotiation! If you're full-time you have to give full availability and you're schedule is based on seniority! You can request time off but it's never guaranteed.

Walt Disney World Photopass Photographer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

I applied online and didn't receive any contact or email until 4 weeks later. I was then sent a link to complete the Web Based Interview (personality quiz). After the initial interview, you are then requested to pick the date and time of your face to face interview. The waiting room for the interviewees is packed so chances are you will not begin your interview at scheduled time. The staff were super nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get a customer to purchase a photo? What if they don't like it because they say "they look fat"? How would you communicate with guests to take a photo at an unpopular spot(i.e. by some bushes)? What if a guest doesn't speak the languages you speak?   Answer Question

The position had already been filled even though I answered all the questions regarding but was offered a different position.

Restaurant Guest Service Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

was hired from the college program position. submitted resume, interviewed with Talent Manager. was given offer to work in restaurant in EPCOT world showcase. meet with a interview board of five managers. is a "rapid fire interview". they ask as many questions as they can to see how quickly/competently you answer. once you pass, you get a location offer. you don't get to choose, the talent manager picks where they feel you a best fit. salary is non negotiable.

Interview Questions
    • during rapid fire questioning - " your restaurant is fully booked, no open tables, a family of six shows up having gotten lost in the park. mom is in tears. characters have already finished their rotation for the night. it is the last day of their vacation and are not staying on property. how do you accommodate them/recover the situation"?   View Answer
    no negotiation. they will tell you your salary could raise based on yearly review.

Pricing Analytics Professional Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2014.

When applying for professional internships you must first input your info online (resume, cover letters, transcript). From there you may be asked to take part in a phone screening interview. The screening questions are very easy and basically about your skills, an overview of your work history, strengths and weaknesses, and whether or not you meet their basic requirements (legal resident, can provide your own transportation, etc.). It's a very simple interview, but make sure to show lots of enthusiasm and go into great detail about how awesome you are. Also, make sure to elaborate on the professional internships you are specifically interested in. If you don't do these things you are very unlikely to stand out from the hundreds (if not thousands) of other candidates. The notes taken in your screening interview are what the recruiters from all the different PIs look at when deciding which candidates to interview.

I was only given one second interview (I applied for 6 separate PIs). This interview was for their pricing analytics internship. I studied and prepared, but I was not prepared for the types of questions they would ask. They primarily asked complex situational questions (some 4-5 parts). For example: "If we wanted to build a fifth park, where should we build it? Why there? What should the theme be? Why? What would you do to determine these things? Etc." I'm not sure if they were actually looking for good and complex answers or if they were mostly looking for how I handled the questions. I was not able to keep up with the rapid fire questions, and I know I failed to answer certain parts. Instead, I did my best to keep a cool head and think my answers out.

You should also keep in mind that their preferred qualifications are for MBA and masters students. It might be a good idea to take this into account when choosing which PIs to apply for. In other words, spread out your applications.

I hope you have better luck than I! I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • "If we wanted to build a fifth park, where should we build it? Why there? What should the theme be? Why? What would you do to determine these things? Etc."   View Answer

Sous Chef Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in September 2010.

May have to cook for a management position and do a panel interview

Attraction Cast Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2014.

Interview process was easy. She asked me if I knew all 4 parks and then asked me about my past experience and why disney. She offered me 3 job s she thought I would love and I chose attractions.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions very easy interview, very friendly.   Answer Question

Alumni Only Professional Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in October 2013.

I applied online, took a personality test, and was given a call a few weeks later. Was asked several standard questions such as tell me about a time you had to lead and then some Disney-specific ones as as "tell me about a magical moment you had during your college program." Was given an offer three weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a Guest and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Art Design Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

They were very easy going, I was interviewed by two people and both of them were very nice. I got the opportunity to meet the director and the process took about a month since application online.

College Program Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2014.

Applied online through a job posting board. Heard back within a week. Fairly quick turnaround times.

I was asked to set up an initial screening time through their applicant portal. The call came at the allotted time. And sadly, no amount of practice or preparation I did would have prepared me for what happened during this initial phone screening.

It was stressed beforehand that the screening would only be 15 minutes initially. When the lady came on the line, she was nice, but she stressed several things:

1) She only had 15 minutes, so we would have to move quickly.
    2) She was writing down the answers as I responded, so if I could keep my answers concise, it would help.
    3) There would be some pauses between my responses and her next questions because she needed time to catch up.

Out of courtesy, I did keep my answers a bit shorter than intended. And when she stated there would be pauses, she meant it. There were moments of silence on the line for up to a full minute. For a 15 minute interview, I think only 6-7 minutes of it were actually the screening. Somewhat disappointing and a seemingly inefficient way of approaching the interview. I guess it saves her time, though.

I know other interviewees and those screened had very different experiences. Conversations without any pauses needed. I do believe that if I had a different screener, it would have been a very different outcome.

I'll include below a question that another intern listed here on glassdoor. They received the position with a subpar answer (granted, I do not know how the rest of the interview went). I'll put a more complete and critically thought out response below that will pretty much guarantee you a position if you get this question.

Interview Questions
    • A coworker comes to you and is excited because he / she found a 3% increase in overall customer satisfaction. What would you tell him / her and why?   View Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in May 2013.

They will ask about your ability to swim. Then they have you submit to a drug test, since it is a safety critical role. Then they'll schedule you for a swim test through the Ellis Company. Then they have you get trained for lifeguarding after they give you the Disney training.

They did not allow you to get the job you tested or request. Instead they give you the role they want to put you in. And then when you get there you demand a transfer.