Disney Parks & Resorts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern College Program Interview

Intern College Program
Miami, FL

I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2013.

Interview Details – The process to about 1 week, first there was a phone interview after that I was invited to a face to face interview, panel style, were I was interviewed by numerous employees. It laster for about 30 minutes. But it seemed so much faster than that! My advice, just be yourself, they like when you're a natural and so that you enjoy being you.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 20 years?   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Photographer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – firs is an online application and interview witch determins if you get the personal interview with human resurces.

Interview Question – How yoa can make of guest day a magical day.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy breasy

Disney College Program

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted an application and heard back within 24 hours that I needed to do a web-based interview, which was a series of questions about my personality and work habits. Then I was invited to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked to list my top three role choices, tell a bit about my work experience, and answer situational questions for different roles. I was also asked if I would be willing to meet the Disney Look. Then I was asked if I had any questions. Two weeks later, I got an email offering me an College Program position in Attractions.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is "Why do you want to work for Disney?" They have a couple of different ways they ask this question. Another hard one was "If a child is too short but wants to go on Space Mountain, what would you tell them and their family?"   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disney College Program

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview Details – Filled out application on DCP website. The application takes a while to complete and ensures that Disney knows everything about your schooling, work history, roles you'd like, etc. Once you fill out the application, you may or may not receive a web-based interview, if you do you move on to the next portion of the interview. If not you are pending and will be NLIC'd (no longer in consideration) or pended until they send you one or applications close and then you receive a NLIC email. The web-based interview asks questions regarding how you respond in certain situations and basically analyzes your work ethic. If you pass that you receive a phone interview. You schedule your phone interview within the dates and times they have available. Once they call you for your interview they go over mandatory questions regarding disney look, schooling, work experience, etc. Then they ask you questions specific to roles you put interest in and other aspects regarding the DCP. When finished with the phone interview, you will receive an email thanking you for interviewing and it will give you a timeline on when to expect a decision by. Within that timeline you will be accepted, pended, or NLIC'd.

Interview Question – Are you a team player or do you prefer to work alone?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Space and Occupancy Intern Interview

Space and Occupancy Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through my university career website. I was contacted within 24 hours to schedule an initial phone interview with a member of their HR staff. A few days later I was asked to schedule another phone interview with the department manager who would be my supervisor. That interview occurred about a week later. Then after a three week wait I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview. The questions were all very straightforward and based on my resume. The in-person interviewers inquired a little more about my personality, but no technical questions.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a high stress environment that comes with deadline based projects?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Received a more appealing offer.

Service Center Specialist Interview

Service Center Specialist
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2010.

Interview Details – You apply online through the disney career website, if your experience and education are a match they call you in for an interview. Interview is pretty standard structured interview by managers and recruiters.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, I accepted their offer as is.

Disney College Program

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2013.

Interview Details – Disney first asks you to take a web-based interview and then if you pass it, you are invited to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is very straight forward. Asked about what roles you are interested, your past work experience, and why your work experience can help prepare you for the roles you picked. Make sure you have a good reason why you want to do the disney college program because its the first question they ask.

Interview Question – How do you deal with repetitive tasks?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They give you their starting rate

ECommerce Help and Support Agent Interview

ECommerce Help and Support Agent

I applied online - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via email shortly there after for an in person interview. The first part was a series of computer tests, followed by a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were very standard, the interview was very comfortable and informal. Just be prepared to display a knowledge of the parks etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Professional Internship Interview

Marketing Professional Internship
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initially, your dashboard will say either submission or in-progress. I submitted my application in February. I received an initial screening phone interview at the beginning of March, and soon after received an authorization for a background check if hired. I waited for many weeks until I received an additional drop-down menu item that listed a specific marketing PI position, as I applied to the generic marketing internship category.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had a disagreement or problem with a co-worker or manager and how you dealt with resolving that conflict.   Answer Question
  • What qualities do you think determine a leader?   Answer Question
  • Why Disney?   View Answer

Deep Water Lifeguard Interview

Deep Water Lifeguard
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, immediately received email questionnaire, passed, was invited for an interview at the casting center. The in person interview with the Hiring castmember was very positive, she asked about my experience, what would happen in certain scenarios and how I would react. Asked about personal preferences and if I had any body art that would conflict with the Disney Look and provided measures I could take if so. She also elaborated about the company and how we pride ourselves on the magic of on stage and off stage duties. Predictably you can tell if your doing well by the demeanor the interview displays.

Interview Question – What would you say to a guest who wishes to grab your attention while on stand.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none