Disney Parks & Resorts

379 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

College Program Intern Interview

College Program Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted a few days later. Had a phone Interview the following week. Later got a follow up email stating I did not obtain the position.

Interview Question – How would you help in an emergency?   Answer Question

Talent Coordinator Interview

Talent Coordinator
Anaheim, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in September 2012.

Interview Details – You have to "know" someone just to get in for an interview, or have worked for a while in the entertainment division. There are usually 2 panel interviews and then you get hired as a seasonal/casual part time employee with no guarantee or hours EVER. They schedule you for only a 4 1/2 hr shift so you must be prepared to find another job & live real close to the park.

Interview Question – How do you handle an egotistical band director? Thought this was a pretty negative question and shouldn't even be brought up during initial interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't any negotiating here. They tell you what they pay and you must have FULL availability for their scheduling purposes which of course included nights and weekends.

Anonymous Interview

Anaheim, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in July 2010.

Interview Details – The audition is a two day process, you can audition on either day 1 or day 2. They line you up in groups of 10, and they ask you to say one interesting thing about yourself. Then, they divide you into two groups--the next round and the ones who didnt make the cut (This is about a 15-85% divide).

Interview Question – Tell me one interesting thing about yourself   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Creative Director
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2014.

Interview Details – Series of interviews, phone chats, skype interview

Interview Question – Tell us about our company   Answer Question

Aurora, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was rather easy. I applied, they set up an interview through email communication. I went to a website and clicked on my preferred day and time. They did a phone interview. They asked a few questions such as "Why do you want to work for Disney", "Why should we hire you". They sent an email out after the interview thanking me for interviewing. They then contact you by phone if you get the job and by email if you do not.

Interview Question – "Are you creative?" I'm assuming they asked this to gauge how easily I could bring the "show" to life.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really able to negotiate. Just expected to move down, get a place and start on a certain day.

Attractions Cast Member

I applied online - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at Walt Disney World Casting Center. She asked me about my work experience before and seems like just questions followed the resume. And how I think about the position.

Interview Question – About my OPT and less work experience. I did not get the job anyway   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Glendale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2013.

Interview Details – Initial call from a staffing agency recruiter advising of the position to gauge my interest and skill-set alignment. Resume submitted to Disney recruiter who communicated to Hiring Manager who then decided to move forward with interview. Next steps were signing a 3 year NDA in order to discuss project/products relating to the position. Followed by two series of phone interviews and a panel interview series in-house.

First Phone interview was with the Senior PM based in Florida and followed a high level overview of the position, program, projects/products to be worked on. General questions asked related to interaction with PMO's, walkthrough of day-to-day tasks, high level breakdown of workflow, familiarity with PM tools, agile, kanban, lean.

Second Phone interview occurred 1 week later with Technical Project Manager based in Glendale, CA. Questions revolved around agile methodologies and implementation, asked to give examples of instances of product adaptation to align with schedule and budget limitations.

Third in-house interview: Panel Interviews with Senior PMs and Technical Project Manager, 1:1 with Senior Producer, Lead Designer, Director of Product Development, 30 minutes -1 hour each amounting to total of ~3 hours. Short break after each interview. Questions revolved around being provided scenarios for product development, project planning, resource and risk management, design and implementation.

Interview Question – Brand Manager assessed the need to create X product based of Y demand to incentivize consumer purchases when exiting the park. How would you begin planning to provide an assessment and release schedule? How would you gauge your resource and budget needs to deliver? What do you need to build your team? How would you mitigate risk? Describe your team's development process.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied at disney online and received a web interview 30 mins later. It is basically a personality test. Once you pass that, they will send you an email to schedule an in person interview. I was able to schedule an interview in 3 days. When I interviews they asked me why I wanted to work here, their priority, and availability. Then they took me to the fingerprint and picture room.

Interview Question – What is more important?
Getting people through fast pass?
Telling a kid that he is too short for the ride?
Answer phone calls?
  View Answer

Custodian Interview

Custodian
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2011.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online and a few days later I received an interview invitation via email. Went in to "Casting" for the interview and was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Question – All common interview questions. but you are evaluated on your look. you must meet the "DISNEY LOOK" no visible tattoos, piercings ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was told this is the position we have open you can try it for 6 months and if you don't like it you can request a transfer to the position of your choice after the first 6 months if and when that position is available.

Very Easy Interview

PhotoPass Photographer Interview

PhotoPass Photographer
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2014.

Interview Details – The initial application and first part of the interview process are all completely online. They even tell you to go online if you walk straight into the Casting Center (they have computers right there that you can use if you want).

It took only a few hours after submitting my initial application to be invited to Part One of the interview process, which is a multiple-choice questionnaire about yourself, your personality and work ethic. Immediately after you submit the last answer, they'll tell you if you'll be advancing to the next part - an in-person interview at the Casting Center, and they give you a window of about ten days to schedule the interview.

My interview was somewhat disappointing, only because she seemed to have already decided to hire me, and I'd been expecting to make my case and explain why I want to work for Disney or other standard interview questions. The position I wanted hadn't been available when I initially applied, but I had applied to it in the past, so when I sat down with the recruiter and she pulled up my profile on the computer, she saw that I'd applied to PhotoPass previously and told me there was a new opening and asked if I wanted it. Of course I said yes!

Interview Question – We only really discussed available openings to determine which would be the best fit for me; she seemed to have already decided to hire me for SOMETHING, so I didn't really have to answer any typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Deciding when to start. I'm moving from out of state and needed to give the two-week notice to my current employer and find a place to live. Pay didn't seem to be at all negotiable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney Parks & Resorts