Disney Parks & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.5

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2014.

First there will be a screening round in which they will decide you fit in which profile and which position goes with your skill set. Then there will be technical round which will have behavioral questions as well.

No negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

On campus information session and interviews the next day. They told me it was a personality interview, but it also included finance and accounting question, and software specific questions. It did started like a regular personality interview to see if you match with Disney corporate culture, the interviewer was testing my moral values at some point.

Interview Questions
    • Excel related questions for financial models, like which formulas and functions I knew how to use to calculate financial problems.   Answer Question

Conductor On the Walt Disney World Railroad Interview

Online interview and presentation with an over the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Just say upbeat, positive, and honest.   Answer Question

Professional Intern - Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview process was very lengthy. After I applied, I received a screening interview from a recruiter (Late August). She asked me what my interests were and more basic interview questions. About a month or two later I started to receive requests for interviews with various departments that I applied for. I received an offer mid December.

Interview Questions
    • Create a press release, blog article, and 5 tweets to showcase our new product.   Answer Question

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

I applied online and got a call from the recruiter 2 weeks later. I had a brief discussion about my past work experience. 5 days later I got an email to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. This took about 30 minutes and we discussed more in details about my previous work experience. The next day Disney invited me in for a formal in person interview and was going to fly me in. At this time, I was promoted at my current job and decided to decline the in person interview.

PhotoPass Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2014.

The initial application and first part of the interview process are all completely online. They even tell you to go online if you walk straight into the Casting Center (they have computers right there that you can use if you want).

It took only a few hours after submitting my initial application to be invited to Part One of the interview process, which is a multiple-choice questionnaire about yourself, your personality and work ethic. Immediately after you submit the last answer, they'll tell you if you'll be advancing to the next part - an in-person interview at the Casting Center, and they give you a window of about ten days to schedule the interview.

My interview was somewhat disappointing, only because she seemed to have already decided to hire me, and I'd been expecting to make my case and explain why I want to work for Disney or other standard interview questions. The position I wanted hadn't been available when I initially applied, but I had applied to it in the past, so when I sat down with the recruiter and she pulled up my profile on the computer, she saw that I'd applied to PhotoPass previously and told me there was a new opening and asked if I wanted it. Of course I said yes!

Interview Questions
    • We only really discussed available openings to determine which would be the best fit for me; she seemed to have already decided to hire me for SOMETHING, so I didn't really have to answer any typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    Deciding when to start. I'm moving from out of state and needed to give the two-week notice to my current employer and find a place to live. Pay didn't seem to be at all negotiable.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2014.

Applied online and received an email from human resources for Animal Kingdom about two weeks later wanting to set up a date and time for two separate phone interviews. The first interview was with the hiring manager for Animal Kingdom's Facilities department and the second interview was with the hiring manager for Animal Kingdom's attractions department. Both interviews consisted of the typical behavioral questions. The attractions interview asked a couple of technical questions regarding hydraulics and other areas. Overall not a bad experience at all.

Interview Questions
    • The attractions engineering manager specifically asked me if I wanted to do facilities or attractions. Didn't know what to say since I didn't want to burn any bridges. Tried to beat my way around the bush but he kept pushing.   View Answer

Monorails Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Fairly easy, you fill out application online then you receive an email asking you to take on online web based interview, barring the results you receive another email asking to schedule an in person interview at Casting.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions only asked why you applied for the position that you did.   View Answer
    none

Professional Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2014.

Sent an email to schedule a time. Called on time.
    1. Conflict with co-workers , how to solve it

2. communication with people from different background

3. Do I have us drive licence

4. Am I available for the intern time

Interview Questions
    • Search the interview question before, so I pretty much covered all of those   Answer Question

Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2014.

Phone call from HR 2 weeks after online apply, standard Disney type questions;
    Manager call 2 weeks after, talking about many resume stuff, behavior questions;
    Offer given 1 week after

Detail questions given below

Interview Questions
    • First round(HR):

1. Why are you interested in this internship position?
      2. How do you think you are matched with this position?
      3. What working or project experience you have? What kind of skill you learned from them and how do you think they will help you to get this position?
      4. When you have a very hard time or very big problem on the job you are working on, how will you face and solve it?
      5. Do you have a tattoo?

Second round(Manager):

1. Introduce your formal working and academic experience
      2. If you are be evaluated for a job, what aspect you would regard most important to you?
      3. What is your career plan?
      4. What is your ideal job?
      5. What kind of person you don't work with MOST?
      6. What is the hardest choice you have ever made during your whole life so far?
      7. If you are managing 2 competing teams, what aspect you thing the most important to evaluate them?
        Answer Question