Disney Parks & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.5

ECommerce Help and Support Agent Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2014.

I applied online and was contacted via email shortly there after for an in person interview. The first part was a series of computer tests, followed by a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were very standard, the interview was very comfortable and informal. Just be prepared to display a knowledge of the parks etc.   Answer Question

Deep Water Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in May 2012.

Applied online, immediately received email questionnaire, passed, was invited for an interview at the casting center. The in person interview with the Hiring castmember was very positive, she asked about my experience, what would happen in certain scenarios and how I would react. Asked about personal preferences and if I had any body art that would conflict with the Disney Look and provided measures I could take if so. She also elaborated about the company and how we pride ourselves on the magic of on stage and off stage duties. Predictably you can tell if your doing well by the demeanor the interview displays.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to a guest who wishes to grab your attention while on stand.   View Answer
    none

Disney College Program Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

The process starts with an online application. If your application is approved they'll have you complete an online "personality" assessment. You're asked what roles you're most interested in (e.g. merchandise, food & beverage, lifeguard, etc.) After that, you will be scheduled for a phone interview. The questions are very traditional interview questions (tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for Disney, give an example where you've gone above and beyond for a customer, etc) with a definite focus on guest service.

Interview Questions
    • They have access to your personality test and will ask you questions based upon the roles you said you were most interested in applying for. Don't select "highly interested" for every job or they won't take your application seriously--they want to place you in a role that suits your experience and passion.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Very low wages and crazy hours, but a wonderful experience that is potentially career-changing on your resume as you'll work for one of the most respected companies in the world. Save up money before you do the College Program so you don't have to worry about working overtime and are able to enjoy the parks!

Merchandise Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in October 2012.

Straight forward process. Application process contains a web-based questionnaire. Phone interview is scheduled upon a successful completion of questionnaire.

Interview Questions
    An email was sent with terms of job role, pay rate, description of role and a link to more information about the internship.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

I applied at the right time so I was able to get through the interview process quickly. 1 online personality test then I was scheduled a face to face interview.

none

College Program Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in July 2013.

Applied online, was contacted a few days later. Had a phone Interview the following week. Later got a follow up email stating I did not obtain the position.

Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in September 2012.

You have to "know" someone just to get in for an interview, or have worked for a while in the entertainment division. There are usually 2 panel interviews and then you get hired as a seasonal/casual part time employee with no guarantee or hours EVER. They schedule you for only a 4 1/2 hr shift so you must be prepared to find another job & live real close to the park.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle an egotistical band director? Thought this was a pretty negative question and shouldn't even be brought up during initial interviews.   Answer Question
    There isn't any negotiating here. They tell you what they pay and you must have FULL availability for their scheduling purposes which of course included nights and weekends.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2014.

Series of interviews, phone chats, skype interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in July 2010.

The audition is a two day process, you can audition on either day 1 or day 2. They line you up in groups of 10, and they ask you to say one interesting thing about yourself. Then, they divide you into two groups--the next round and the ones who didnt make the cut (This is about a 15-85% divide).

Attractions Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2010.

The interview process was rather easy. I applied, they set up an interview through email communication. I went to a website and clicked on my preferred day and time. They did a phone interview. They asked a few questions such as "Why do you want to work for Disney", "Why should we hire you". They sent an email out after the interview thanking me for interviewing. They then contact you by phone if you get the job and by email if you do not.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you creative?" I'm assuming they asked this to gauge how easily I could bring the "show" to life.   View Answer
    Not really able to negotiate. Just expected to move down, get a place and start on a certain day.