Disney Parks & Resorts Merchandise Interview Questions

2.3

Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

It was very simple interview process everyone was nice and choice of park to work at was nice very flexible scheduling all in all really great I was very excited she gave me a schedule to meet at disney university and start my first day of work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Online application then 1 phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online with simple questions and work history information. Received an email a few hours later asking me for more information and questions about myself and work situations. Immediately after, I was offered to schedule an interview. I picked the very next day to go in. Went in to the Casting Center 10 mins for my scheduled time. I had to wait about an hour to be interviewed (it was sorta like waiting in a doctor's office - they call your name in order of when you came). The process was really easy. The interviewer just asked about my past and current part time job and experiences. It is a simple job so not a lot to really ask since I have worked retail before. I have a lot of visible arm tattoos so I was a bit worried this would hurt me. I'm required to wear long sleeves and the interviewer even made sure I'd be put in a spot that's always indoors and has a/c! Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was how I'd try and explain merchandise to people of different languages. Not really THAT unexpected since people come all over the world to visit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay. I was allowed some freedom to choose where I work and which days.

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

Started with an application on Disneycareers.com and answered standard questions about yourself. From there was an web screen interview based on behavioral traits to see if you would fit into the Disney Service Culture, then a final phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time where you experienced professional difficulties?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in October 2012.

Interview

I was first hired through the college program and remained seasonal

Interview Questions

• I can't remember much of the interview. It lasted around 20 minutes on the phone, and they made you feel very comfortable so that helped. Make sure you are smiling through out the whole phone interview, even if they can't see you. They could hear your smile through your voice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Kissimmee, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is simple and fast. Most likely if you have an interview you already have the position. they give you all instruction and destinations to where you need to be.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult or unexpected question asked might be, Why do you want to work for Disney, because you think that if you answer wrong you might not get the position. Again you most likely already got the position, unless it is a position that needs more qualifications.   Answer Question

Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was being interviewed for a part time housekeeping postion; however, I have more experience as a cashier so they offered me the position. I got a temporary position because I had been going to school full time and a mother. They did not like that fact at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.. take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Was awesome went to a meeting at college, then I had a phone interview then I got accepted into the program. they asked questions why Disney, and what makes you the perfect fit for Disney.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

I worked at Downtown Disney as CP. The interview was pretty easy. I completed an application and pre interview online. I got a follow up phone call after the online process was done. The phone interview was about 20 minutes and asked about my education, what I wanted to do, and basic job questions. I got hired at the end of the call.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any difficult questions. They were basic questions I'd anticipate for any interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation except being able to opt-out of the CP housing.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts.

Interview

I applied online to the College Program and after submitting the application and necessary documents I was offered the chance to schedule a phone interview. You can pick the date and time of the day for the phone interview to take place. The interview is simple and straightforward and it consists of questions to get to know you on a personal level to see how fit you are to living in the kind of environment that the College Program presents.

Interview Questions

• I was given a couple of events and problems that could happen when living together with many roommates and they asked how I would specifically handle each of the situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a role and was given a couple of days to decide whether to accept or not which I did inmediately because I was really interested in the position.