Disney Parks & Resorts

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in October 2014.

The only question he asked was about my past job history and then what i would like to do at Disneyworld. Monorails wasnt available but asked if i would like to work anywhere else, chose food and beverage cashier for cosmic rays at magic kingdom! Was very easy and my recruiter was very nice.

Other Interview Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2014.

Fairly easy, you fill out application online then you receive an email asking you to take on online web based interview, barring the results you receive another email asking to schedule an in person interview at Casting.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions only asked why you applied for the position that you did.   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2013.

The whole interview process was long. I applied on line and a couple days later I received an email to take an on line interview. It was basically a lot of personality questions. After that I chose a date for an interview with a recruiter. When I arrived I waited about 30min. before being called back. It was pretty basic interview questions, after that I had to schedule an interview with the Director of Transportation which was 3 weeks away. The questions were not to difficult basically all safety questions, how do you do under pressure things like that. After every question he explained why he asked that. For example "how do you define mult tasking" after you answer he expains multi tasking when driving the monorail. After the two interviews I was offered a position full time but I had to decline the offer. Disney is known for low paying jobs but the pay was ridiculous. Monorails is a very serious position ( no the monorails are not automatic, the driver controls everything) and it has a high termination rate because of the safety/seriousness of the job.

Interview Questions
    • The first interview when he asks "why do you want to work in Monorails" don't say "I've always wanted to drive or its been a dream" they're looking for, " I have good memorizations skills, safety is an attribute I have" things like that. The second interview make sure you pertain every question to working monorails/the platform.   View Answer

This job is a very serious job. You have peoples lives at your control. You are responsible for a lot of things and making minimum wage is ridiculous for this job. Also your not even guaranteed to stay in the position. If hired you do 6 days of training on the platforms and the 7th day you take a test to be certified to work the platforms and if you fail the test you can re take it. ( you have to work platforms for 6 months before driving) at your 6 months you do another 6 days of intense training for driving and the 7th day you take a test for your monorail driver license. If you don't pass the first time your terminated from the whole monorail area. You can not work the platforms or anything. They find a different position for you in the park and it may not be the same pay/schedule etc.

Monorail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in January 2012.

The interview starts the minute the recruiter greets you. I was asked questions while being led down a hall to an office. You don"t have time to think, and I didn't show the correct enthusiasm for the monorail position. It was the first question, and I indicated that it was something on the job list that seemed interesting. I tried to go back to this position during the interview but was told that I would not get a second interview for this job. I ended up bing wait-listed for a foor service helper job.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you applying for a monorail position?   View Answer
    • I see from your resume that you are looking for a bar-tending job.   View Answer