Disney Parks & Resorts

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Professional Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got a mail to setup up a phone interview to go over the job description with the hiring manager followed by basic interview questions. Asked about previous internship experiences and what type of work was done. Interview questions were HR related like Have you faced any failures, Any kind of disputes among team mates and how was it resolved, etc. Got call from HR after two days regarding the offer

Interview Question – If you are in a situation which would you give more priority to safety or whether the entire process is legal ?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Professional Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in July 2012.

Interview Details – I made a good impression to a recruiter at an Internship fair.
I had two filter phone interviews asking me why I loved Disney and what type of person I was.
After I passed the filter, I was added to the intern database where my manager-to-be found me and gave me a call.

Interview Question – Questions that related to my love/passion/interest for Disney.   View Answer

Professional Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2012.

Interview Details – Screening interview, long waiting process, then short second interview with department manager confirming skills

Interview Question – Standard questions - why Disney, leadership ability, how dealt with conflict, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, it was an internship

Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in April 2009.

Interview Details – It was a 30 minute phone interview where she asked me many questions about myself and where I go to school and where I saw myself in the future. I answered everything with a smile and a very light hearted positive response. She was very nice but warned me my desired role would be a very competitive one. I smiled again and said that's no problem, I think I would be great for this role.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to accept less competitive positions such as Cooking, Custodial?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Walt Disney World?   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied directly on the Disney page. Was contacted a week after. Consisted of two phone interviews, pretty standard, and was informed of the decision 3 weeks after. The interviews were with very friendly people, one with an hr person, and the other with an actual area manager. Questions were mostly situational, with one or two testing subject area where you will be working.

Very Easy Interview

Orlando, FL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had read online all possible questions the Disney recruiters ask. My recruiter did not ask any of these. She simply asked about my past experiences, if I work well in teams, and if I have the "Disney Look."

Interview Question – Name one challenge you were faced with in your current job?   Answer Question

Anaheim, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was pretty basic but I think I was too nervous to provide concise answers. My HR suggested I apply for the Disney College Program instead because it may provide leverage to eventually applying again for a professional internship. I was a little disappointed since I would not be furthered to the next round of interviews but I'm still trying to stay positive. My advice is just to relax yourself because the interviewers are really nice and try to make you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What kind of software programs are you knowledgable in that would be applicable to this position?   Answer Question
  • Do you have adequate transportation to Disneyland Parks & Resorts?   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2011.

Interview Details – A couple general questions first asking if you had transportation to the job site. Where do you see yourself in five years? Explain the skills on your resume.

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in five years from now   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2009.

Interview Details – Overall good experience. Interview for the Professional internship will only be 2 phone interviews and then an offer or decline.

Interview Question – What are your short term and long term goals.   Answer Question

Professional Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2012.

Interview Details – Apply through application portal on the Professional Internship site. Very clear requirements. There is an initial phone screen with someone from HR. Then if selected to continue with the next step in the process, there will be another phone interview with someone in the overall department of your desired internship (Finance for example). It takes awhile to receive an offer as there are so many applicants. The whole process took about two to three months from application to being extended an offer. One may have an in-person interview if you live in Florida.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were asked to see if building a new Disney theme park would be a good idea? What steps would you take?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have to accept the initial offer verbally before you even get to see the details of the offer which is kind of weird. You then get a couple of days to officially accept it through their internship portal.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney Parks & Resorts

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Disney Parks & Resorts Professional Intern interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Disney Parks & Resorts employees and interview candidates.