Disney Parks & Resorts Professional Intern Interview Questions

2.3

Professional Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in October 2013.

Interview

Got a mail to setup up a phone interview to go over the job description with the hiring manager followed by basic interview questions. Asked about previous internship experiences and what type of work was done. Interview questions were HR related like Have you faced any failures, Any kind of disputes among team mates and how was it resolved, etc. Got call from HR after two days regarding the offer

Interview Questions

• If you are in a situation which would you give more priority to safety or whether the entire process is legal ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Professional Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in July 2012.

Interview

I made a good impression to a recruiter at an Internship fair. I had two filter phone interviews asking me why I loved Disney and what type of person I was. After I passed the filter, I was added to the intern database where my manager-to-be found me and gave me a call.

Interview Questions

• Questions that related to my love/passion/interest for Disney.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I had read online all possible questions the Disney recruiters ask. My recruiter did not ask any of these. She simply asked about my past experiences, if I work well in teams, and if I have the "Disney Look."

Interview Questions

• Name one challenge you were faced with in your current job?   Answer Question

Professional Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in February 2012.

Interview

Screening interview, long waiting process, then short second interview with department manager confirming skills

Interview Questions

• Standard questions - why Disney, leadership ability, how dealt with conflict, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, it was an internship

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied directly on the Disney page. Was contacted a week after. Consisted of two phone interviews, pretty standard, and was informed of the decision 3 weeks after. The interviews were with very friendly people, one with an hr person, and the other with an actual area manager. Questions were mostly situational, with one or two testing subject area where you will be working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Anaheim, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

It was pretty basic but I think I was too nervous to provide concise answers. My HR suggested I apply for the Disney College Program instead because it may provide leverage to eventually applying again for a professional internship. I was a little disappointed since I would not be furthered to the next round of interviews but I'm still trying to stay positive. My advice is just to relax yourself because the interviewers are really nice and try to make you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What kind of software programs are you knowledgable in that would be applicable to this position?   Answer Question
    • Do you have adequate transportation to Disneyland Parks & Resorts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

A couple general questions first asking if you had transportation to the job site. Where do you see yourself in five years? Explain the skills on your resume.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

Overall good experience. Interview for the Professional internship will only be 2 phone interviews and then an offer or decline.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

It was a 30 minute phone interview where she asked me many questions about myself and where I go to school and where I saw myself in the future. I answered everything with a smile and a very light hearted positive response. She was very nice but warned me my desired role would be a very competitive one. I smiled again and said that's no problem, I think I would be great for this role.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to accept less competitive positions such as Cooking, Custodial?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Walt Disney World?   Answer Question

Professional Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in March 2012.

Interview

Apply through application portal on the Professional Internship site. Very clear requirements. There is an initial phone screen with someone from HR. Then if selected to continue with the next step in the process, there will be another phone interview with someone in the overall department of your desired internship (Finance for example). It takes awhile to receive an offer as there are so many applicants. The whole process took about two to three months from application to being extended an offer. One may have an in-person interview if you live in Florida.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were asked to see if building a new Disney theme park would be a good idea? What steps would you take?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have to accept the initial offer verbally before you even get to see the details of the offer which is kind of weird. You then get a couple of days to officially accept it through their internship portal.