Disney Parks & Resorts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Reservations Sales Agent Interview

Reservations Sales Agent
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and the next day received an email requesting a phone interview. It's all automated and you can select a date/time to have your phone interview. The phone interview was pretty basic: what skills can you bring to the job, some Disney knowledge, questions about sales experience/tactics. If they're satisfied with your answers, they'll move you on to the next phase: skills test, personality test, and interview held at the reservation center. The skills test is just a basic computer program for sales and comprehension -- timed and simple enough. Then you take a personality test, and after that, watch a short video about Disney and the job. All the previous takes about an hour. Then you have an interview with a trainer and sales leader. Basic interview questions, but they're very heavy on how comfortable you are about suggestive selling and closing sales. They also have you perform a "mock" sale with a guest calling to book a vacation. Seemed like a fairly straightforward interview with easy enough questions. They would not discuss pay, incentives, or commissions unless you were hired. At this point, still waiting to hear from them.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Reservations Sales Agent Interview

Reservations Sales Agent
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Parks & Resorts in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for the reservation sales agent position, located off-property at a free-standing office in Tampa. I was contacted approximately 4 days later to go online and schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the interview and received the call from the recruiter exactly as scheduled. The phone interview consisted of a few generic questions and lasted approximately 15 minutes. I was informed they would like to move me forward in the process, and they immediately scheduled a follow-up, person to person interview the next day. I went to the interview at the reservation center in Tampa. First step was to complete an online assessment. This consisted of a mock call-center test. I was given a few minutes to complete as many data-entry exercises as possible. This was followed by a standard personality test. Next came a work-preferences assessment to assure that I would be able to work in the call-center environment. Then there were questions about experiences and the classic "how would handle this situation" assessments. I then viewed a short video about the company and the position. All of this was computerized, and took approximately an hour. After this was complete, I met with a sales manager and a trainer. There were the very basic interview questions, followed by a mock sales conversation with the trainer. When it came time to ask questions, the answers were very vague, and left out most pertinent information. I was very disappointed with this portion of the interview. Both the trainer and the sales manager, however, were extremely polite and gracious. They were very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What techniques would you use to upsell a customer on additional vacation features?   Answer Question
  • What do you think is the most important quality a salesperson in this position could bring to the organization?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney Parks & Resorts

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Disney Parks & Resorts Reservations Sales Agent interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Disney Parks & Resorts employees and interview candidates.