Disney Publishing

Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney Publishing

Publishing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Publishing in October 2010.

Internal interview for promotion

No Negotiation

Editor Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Publishing in January 2012.

* Phone interview - Scheduled about a month after I applied. Spoke about overview of position and how my skills met those qualifications. Immediately set up first in-person interview.
    * In-Person Interview - The following week. Met with the person this position would report to for an hour. Very relaxed interview, more of a "conversation" than a one-sided interview.
    * In-Person Interview - Two weeks later. Met with higher-ups in the team to discuss the position. Again very relaxed.

Then there was no communication for about two weeks, during which time I assumed I didn't get the job, and started interviewing elsewhere. Out of the blue the following month I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the constantly shifting priorities of this department?   View Answer
    I negotiated for additional vacation time, the ability to work from home one day a week, and an increased salary.

Publishing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Publishing in April 2010.

Several interviews, by phone and in-person - took 3 months until I received the final answer.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult, interviews were based mostly on experience, market knowledge and vision.   Answer Question
    Think big!