Disney Publishing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Publishing Interview

Publishing
White Plains, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Publishing in October 2010.

Interview Details – Internal interview for promotion

Interview Question – Are you interested in the Job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Publishing Manager Interview

Publishing Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Disney Publishing in April 2010.

Interview Details – Several interviews, by phone and in-person - took 3 months until I received the final answer.

Interview Question – Not very difficult, interviews were based mostly on experience, market knowledge and vision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Think big!

Editor Interview

Editor

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Disney Publishing in January 2012.

Interview Details – * Phone interview - Scheduled about a month after I applied. Spoke about overview of position and how my skills met those qualifications. Immediately set up first in-person interview.
* In-Person Interview - The following week. Met with the person this position would report to for an hour. Very relaxed interview, more of a "conversation" than a one-sided interview.
* In-Person Interview - Two weeks later. Met with higher-ups in the team to discuss the position. Again very relaxed.

Then there was no communication for about two weeks, during which time I assumed I didn't get the job, and started interviewing elsewhere. Out of the blue the following month I got an offer.

Interview Question – How would you handle the constantly shifting priorities of this department?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for additional vacation time, the ability to work from home one day a week, and an increased salary.

Worked for Disney Publishing? Contribute to the Community!