Disney

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a phone interview, a one on one interview with the hiring manager and then a group interview with the director and other functional management. I submitted an application for this position through Disney's career website. Approximately 3 weeks later, I received a phone call from the internal recruiter requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was pleasant, conversational and casual and included included many of the standard interview questions like "Why are you interested in this job? "Why are you thinking of leaving your position" "How did you come to know about this job" etc. About a week after the phone interview, I received a call for a 1:1 interview at TDA. This was also a conversational interview. I had prepared for structured /behavioral questions and received very few of those. About a week later, I received another call requesting a third in-person interview in Anaheim. Once more, it was not a structured or behavioral interview, but a discussion forum where the team provided opportunities for me to ask questions and asked me select questions about my resume. After that third interview, I did not hear from Disney again.
The interview process itself was well organized, professional and positive with the exception of the final follow through. Interviewees invest a significant amount of time preparing for interviews, communicating with recruiters and taking vacation time from their existing jobs to attend interviews. A response, positive outcome or negative, is absolutely expected in the professional environment - particularly in a process-driven large corporation. I had received and accepted an offer from a different company the following week, so everything worked out for me but if I had a lot banking on this job, I can't imagine how stressful the silence would be. I had been very surprised by Disney's lack of professionalism on this one particular matter.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this job / working for Disney?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney

Worked for Disney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Disney Sourcing Specialist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Disney employees and interview candidates.