Disney Store

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Disney Store

Interview Details – The first interview is a group interview. You need to know disney trivia, you'll be asked about your favorite movies and scenarios on how you interact with people who come into the store. They'll ask about where the first disney store was opened and when it was opened. You'll interact with one of the other interviewees. The interview is around 40 minutes.

Interview Question – The questions were straightforward. An unexpected question was when and where the first store was opened.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cast Member - Part Time Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Disney Store in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call within 3 hours to go in for an interview and was asked right away if I'd be fine working at another location that was just opening that had 50 positions that needed to be filled and I accepted.

It was a group interview which was rushed because the manager needed to get to somewhere else within 45 minutes and was not the manager for my store in which I now work at. She was overall friendly and it was a pretty clean process with normal questions. Mostly considering she probably didn't have a lot of time to ask any really difficult ones we'd have to think over.

She said she'd call those she was interested in that night to further the process and get more information for background checks done. I got my call that night and she said I'd know in about 3 days if I got the job.

I didn't have to wait out the 3 full days and was called the next morning saying I got the job position for a Seasonal Cast Member at the new Disney Store that was opening (I am now part time).

Interview Question – There was really none since the interviewer had such a lack of time, the only thing I can suggest is to not be afraid of speaking in front of others since the interviews tend to be in groups.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Disney Store

Interview Details – Interviewed at the Pembroke Pines location. You just sit in a group of people and they decide who they want as I don't remember being asked any behavioral questions.

Interview Question – There is a huge multiple choice test that you probably won't get through as it requires reading an employee guide that you won't have enough time to complete. It didn't seem to make a difference.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was part-time.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cast Member Interview

Cast Member

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Store in July 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online the link can be found on store website at the bottom of the page. Availability is important. Be on time if not early for interview. Be prepared to speak in front of a group of people. This is a part of the interview process as that is a big part of being a cast member. If you are not comfortable speaking in front of a group it is not the job for you.

Interview Question – What was a guest issue that you had to deal with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pasadena, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Disney Store in May 2013.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview where I talked to the hiring manager and two other engineers. Was pretty general about my background and experience - not too technical. I then got a tour on site to see the location, people I will be working with etc. About an hour after that I got a job offer to start immediatly.

Negotiation Details – Very easy. I got what I asked for.

Cast Member Disney Store Interview

Cast Member Disney Store
Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Disney Store in October 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview. Pretty simple and straightforward. They look for outgoing and engaging people with the love of Disney. In the group interview I felt sales and metrics was significantly less important than the love of Disney, the ability to conform to the Disney look, and the ability to engage the interviewer. Once the group interview hurdle was completed, move on to the individual interview, but I was a previous theme park cast member so this was short. Little role playing here.

Interview Question – If a guest is wrong but requests that you fix something that cannot be fixed, how do you respond?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cast Member Interview

Seasonal Cast Member

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Store.

Interview Details – I applied online during the fall for winter seasonal. I attached my resume which focused more on customer service and public interaction. I didn't hear from them for about two weeks until I received a phone call asking me to come in that weekend for a group interview. At the location I applied to, the store did interviews once a week, at the same time, for a month (so good luck trying to work around it if you have a solid school/work schedule). I made sure I looked at each person when they answered their questions, was very invested in what everyone was saying and could chime in easily if I had something to add. Most people got hung up on the typical "I'm here because I love Disney" but if you explain HOW Disney has impacted you and that's WHY you would be a good fit, you'll stand out more. It's about providing a magical service to others.

Interview Question – Take ten to fifteen minutes and retell a story or fairytale from your childhood.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable.

Cast Member - Part Time
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Disney Store in October 2011.

Interview Details – Usual application process. Manager that application is handed to will ask a few questions like "Why the disney store"? If they like what you say it will be submitted to in-store HR and they will schedule a second interview

Interview Question – What did you dislike about your last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will offer around 9/hr. Tell them that based on your experience you were looking for about 12/hr and they will offer 10/hr and then its up to you to keep negotiating or taking it

Cast Member - Part Time
Alderwood Manor, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Disney Store in June 2013.

Interview Details – On your application state that you are available all hours and days or you won't be considered at all.

Interview Question – No difficult questions... if you are a Disney fan you'll be able to handle them all!   Answer Question

Seasonal Associate Interview

Brea, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Store.

Interview Details – I ended up doing two interviews with the Disney store that were very interesting and fun. The managers that interviewed me were great at making me very comfortable and they told me everything I needed to know before I even got hired. There was a lot of situational questions and personal questions that you had to answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, holiday associate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Disney Store

Worked for Disney Store? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Disney Store interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Disney Store employees and interview candidates.