Disney Studios Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2014

2.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Studios in July 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter and was briefly interviewed and scheduled for an interview at the studio in person with two executives. I met separately with both executives and they were incredibly accommodating and insightful. I sent each a thank you note after the interview the next day. On the follow-up with HR two weeks out I was told that they had decided to move in a different direction.

Interview Questions
    • What was has been your hardest challenge ever and how did you go about it handling it?   Answer Question

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Disney Studios in June 2014.

There was a quick phone interview for about 20 mins followed by a face to face the very next day which was for two hours with three people one by one. The questions were related to QA and very generic.

Interview Questions
    • Difficulty is subjective. There were a couple of questions related to writing Selenium code for filling and submitting a form which was pretty simple. Couple of java questions can take a QA by surprise. Reversing a string and adding strings to a list. These are very simple but in this google age everyone googles and gets the work done :) so sometimes you might miss out on very simple things.   View Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Disney Studios.

I had three interviews: One screening phone-interview with a recruiter, another phone-interview with the manager of the team I would work with, and a third in-person interview with two people from my department-to-be. The phone interviews were basic questions: why do you want the job, relevant experience, etc. The in-person interview was very casual at the coffee shop on the studio lot. The questions were a little more interesting, with them wanting more examples of specific instances that could relate to the job and sussing out what I knew about the company. Overall very straightforward, just do your research about the company and all of its different holdings before you get there, and don't overdo the "I love Disney" fanaticism, because they get that A LOT.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was: What is your dream job? It was unexpected because this interview was for what I thought was a short-term consulting position, so that seemed like an odd question, but they wanted to see if you were intent on staying within the entertainment world.   Answer Question
    I was there for a short-term consulting position, so my negotiation would likely be very different than that of a full-time potential employee. But they were pretty flexible about rates, so I'd say it never hurts to ask for what you want!

Graduate Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Disney Studios in April 2014.

Applied Online. First Interview was a phone-screening with the HR. After a week, the HR setup 2 back to back phone-interviews, one with the director of the program and one with a senior engineer. Both interviews focussed on my skills and experience and my desire to join Disney as an intern.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join Disney and what interests you in this position?   Answer Question
    • Difference between REST and SOAP based web-services   Answer Question
    No Negotation. No travel and relocation benefits.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Disney Studios.

Very disorganized. The recruiter didn't tell me I had interview until the day before at 10 pm. Very casual too. They gave me the building addresses and I had to figure it out myself.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interviews...all personality based questions   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate salary with you

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Disney Studios in May 2013.

Typical interview. No surprises.

Security Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Disney Studios.

Questioned by security manager and intelligence department. I had 2 panel interviews with different managers in those departments. I was one of the lucky ones to be promoted from within, as the other supervisors were recruited either by knowing friends in the department or by having relatives that were in higher management.

Interview Questions
    no negotiations were offered.

Executive Assistant Interview

I have not had an interview in January-February 2014.

Secretary IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Disney Studios in November 2012.

Excellent communication and follow through however the process itself is a little drawn out.

Interview Questions
    In total I had 5 interviews, long process.

Financial Analyst II Interview

It was very informative and positive. The recruiters were very helpful and to the point. Job description was clear and explained in detail what was expected.

Interview Questions

Worked for Disney Studios? Contribute to the Community!