Disney Studios Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.8

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Disney Studios (Burbank, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Typical interview. No surprises.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Studios in April 2013.

Interview

Submitted application on the Disney website. Got a call at the end of April asking if I was still interested in the position.

I went through two phone interviews (spaced out over a week). I was mostly asked for stuff on my resume, and my skillsets (specific MS Excel functions, etc). No questions seemed to be behavioral questions. They just wanted to see how well my interpersonal skills and my enthusiasm aligned with the type of work. They seemed to be only hiring rising seniors in undergraduate or in graduate school.

Interview Questions

• None of it was difficult. They didn't really have a specific sets of questions. Very conversational interview.   Answer Question

Interview

Three phone interviews and on-campus interview

Secretary IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Studios (Burbank, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Excellent communication and follow through however the process itself is a little drawn out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In total I had 5 interviews, long process.

Promotions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Disney Studios (Seattle, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

Was an extremely relaxed interview, the entire thing was essentially just a conversation, making sure I was a good team player. Asked me about previous promotions/productions experience. If you have previous experience it's pretty much a shoo in. There's pretty high turnover in the job, so they need people they can just throw into the work. Your "training" is essentially working your first job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They pay a fixed rate of $10/hour

Graduate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Disney Studios (Glendale, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Did a phone interview with 3 people and got the offer on next week.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Studios (Burbank, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Followed by phone interview with a manager from the department. Finally asked to come in for an interview with the recruiter, manager, and director. I was told I would hear from them in a week. More like 6 weeks. Not very professional of Disney.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Studios (Burbank, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Contacted by HR and called in for interview with recruiter within the week. After that it took about a week to get in to interview with the hiring manager (VP Marketing). While she expressed a great deal of interest, she claimed to have other people still to interview It was about another week before I called and followed up with the recruiter, who then followed up with the VP.

The VP asked if I would come in and work as a temp for a couple of weeks to make sure it was the right fit for both of us. The recruiter said she was really disappointed in that offer because I was called in to interview for a full time position, but I was fine with it. I've heard that this is not an unusual practice.

I wanted the job so I agreed, but it was actually more like 7 weeks of temping before I forced them to make a decision. They offered me the permanent position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating on the salary or benefits. Make sure you get information on what the position has historically paid, because I've learned other coordinators were brought in for as much as $10k/year less than I was offered. I think that would be your best information with which to negotiate.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Disney Studios (North Hollywood, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

2 interviews not anything out of ordinary

Interview Questions

• What are your pitfalls and can you be available at any minute   Answer Question

Publicity Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Studios (Burbank, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by phone after applying electronically. This led to 3 in person interviews. Very straightforward and fair. I think it just came down to personality match.