Disney Studios Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Updated Jul 30, 2014

2.9

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Disney Studios in April 2013.

Submitted application on the Disney website. Got a call at the end of April asking if I was still interested in the position.

I went through two phone interviews (spaced out over a week). I was mostly asked for stuff on my resume, and my skillsets (specific MS Excel functions, etc). No questions seemed to be behavioral questions. They just wanted to see how well my interpersonal skills and my enthusiasm aligned with the type of work. They seemed to be only hiring rising seniors in undergraduate or in graduate school.

Interview Questions
    • None of it was difficult. They didn't really have a specific sets of questions. Very conversational interview.   Answer Question

Legal Affairs Intern Interview

Three phone interviews and on-campus interview

Secretary IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Disney Studios in November 2012.

Excellent communication and follow through however the process itself is a little drawn out.

Interview Questions
    In total I had 5 interviews, long process.

Promotions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Studios in June 2011.

Was an extremely relaxed interview, the entire thing was essentially just a conversation, making sure I was a good team player. Asked me about previous promotions/productions experience. If you have previous experience it's pretty much a shoo in. There's pretty high turnover in the job, so they need people they can just throw into the work. Your "training" is essentially working your first job.

They pay a fixed rate of $10/hour

Graduate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Disney Studios in May 2011.

Did a phone interview with 3 people and got the offer on next week.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Studios in December 2010.

Phone interview with recruiter. Followed by phone interview with a manager from the department. Finally asked to come in for an interview with the recruiter, manager, and director. I was told I would hear from them in a week. More like 6 weeks. Not very professional of Disney.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Studios in August 2009.

Contacted by HR and called in for interview with recruiter within the week. After that it took about a week to get in to interview with the hiring manager (VP Marketing). While she expressed a great deal of interest, she claimed to have other people still to interview It was about another week before I called and followed up with the recruiter, who then followed up with the VP.

The VP asked if I would come in and work as a temp for a couple of weeks to make sure it was the right fit for both of us. The recruiter said she was really disappointed in that offer because I was called in to interview for a full time position, but I was fine with it. I've heard that this is not an unusual practice.

I wanted the job so I agreed, but it was actually more like 7 weeks of temping before I forced them to make a decision. They offered me the permanent position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   View Answer
    There was no negotiating on the salary or benefits. Make sure you get information on what the position has historically paid, because I've learned other coordinators were brought in for as much as $10k/year less than I was offered. I think that would be your best information with which to negotiate.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Disney Studios in July 2009.

2 interviews not anything out of ordinary

Interview Questions
    • What are your pitfalls and can you be available at any minute   Answer Question

Publicity Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Disney Studios in February 2009.

I was contacted by phone after applying electronically. This led to 3 in person interviews. Very straightforward and fair. I think it just came down to personality match.

Assistanr Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Disney Studios in February 2009.

HR was very professional and in touch via phone and email. The dept. I was interviewing seemed scattered and wasn't prepared the day I was to interview with the team. I was told in the end that I hadn't the experience, but was one of the final two choices. I think if it was because of a lack of experience they should have told me sooner. I have a feeling it was something else, and they are not saying.