Diversified Investment Advisors

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Participant Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Diversified Investment Advisors in December 2009.

Interview Details – Was recommended by a friend to apply. That helped. Two interviews were needed. Easy process. HR is very helpful.

Negotiation Details – Ask for what you want/need. I was able to get my desired base rate, but we compromised on a 6-month waiting period for a subsequent raise.

San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Diversified Investment Advisors in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online February 2 months for call back. Director called for phone interview to discuss position and set-up 1:1 interview in April. Basic STAR questions and do 10 minute presentation on investments such as mutual funds. Interview lasted approx. 45 minutes. I followed-up with 'thank you" letter and would like to work for this company. I never got any phone calls back, letter of rejection, nor an email to let me know they have moved on with a more qualified candidate. I was not impressed by the hiring process nor the people interviewing. Based on my own experience I felt I was more than qualified for position and responsibilities.

Interview Question – what does it mean to short call position?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Intern Interview

Data Analyst Intern
White Plains, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Diversified Investment Advisors in May 2009.

Interview Details – First phone call w/ HR to make sure i wasn't an AX murderer.

Passed onto the group(actuarial) that i was applying too and have a phone conference with a senior manager and a new actuary.

Relevant questions pertaining to school work and why i was interested in the company.

Interview Questions

Investment Data Analyst Interview

Investment Data Analyst
Purchase, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Diversified Investment Advisors in October 2008.

Interview Details – First, you meet HR Specialist, if interview goes well, then you will be interviewing position manager and other colleagues and finally with VP. They are all nice people. The reason I could not get the job, because of working visa issues. I believe that working with this team would be so enjoyable...

Interview Question – How can we make sure you are the right fit for the position?   View Answer

Retirement Plan Specialist Interview

Retirement Plan Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Diversified Investment Advisors.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, followed by a 2:1 in-person interview at client location. No real surprises -- anyone familiar with retirement plan administration and participant education would do just fine.

Negotiation Details – None.

Participant Counselor

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Diversified Investment Advisors in November 2010.

Interview Details – Overall a very positive and light interview process with the manager of my division. I met with him and then prepared a presentation for him. The presentation take about 45 minutes and you have to know it very well. Must have securities license and experience in retirement services.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Vice President Participant Services Interview

Vice President Participant Services

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Diversified Investment Advisors in September 2009.

Interview Details – It was fast and pretty routine. I felt the interviewer was far less prepared than I was to actually discuss job duties and skill set requirements.

Interview Question – Where do you live and how will you get to the office?   Answer Question

Worked for Diversified Investment Advisors? Contribute to the Community!