Diversified Well Logging Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

1.3

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Diversified Well Logging in June 2014.

Interview

Pestered recruiter about giving me a job, she first tried to see if I'll be interested doing offshore mudlogging or onshore mudlogging only. Said yes if only combined with geosteering. A week or 2 passed until I was contacted by regional manager directly on the phone and basically laid out the work involved, how much he'll pay me and the training involved. Gave me a few days to consider. Originally declined offer for another job but came back to this one as I realized the amount of work would allow me to learn geosteering much quicker. Regional manager was very much straight to the point during the interview. After offer accepted, continued interacting through email primarily. Admin staff were a little slow and got a few things mixed up. Had to personally inquire to see the progress and what the next step is. All information given past interview process was a little bit at the last moment prior to required action.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. Asked me what my current job involves.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, was happy with offer

Field Mud Logging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eighty Four, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Diversified Well Logging (Eighty Four, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Call up say hey heard your hiring. They asked you got a car and don't mind travelling. Asked me how much an hour I was looking for I said 14 they said ok. Asked me when I can come in for drug testing and when I could start. Do yourself a favor DO NOT TAKE THE BAIT keep looking this is a terrible place to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Senior Mudlogging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reserve, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Diversified Well Logging (Reserve, LA) in October 2013.

Interview

Brief interview with owner and recruiter in a company office in Reserve, LA. They called me to interview at their corporate office. The interview went quick, no more than 15 minutes. They introduced me to some of the other managers and told me I would be contacted. I had an email waiting on me before I got home.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, it was for more money than I was expecting.

Mud Logger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eighty Four, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Diversified Well Logging (Eighty Four, PA).

Interview

Most of the interview process was by phone and email.

Technician Driver Interview

Interview

it was a pain free interview simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Mudlogger Unit Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eighty Four, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Diversified Well Logging (Eighty Four, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

Very easy to talk to Manager and Field Supervisor, Had a quick 30 minute interview not to formal and not to tense at all, Showed me around shop and explained what they did, showed me logging units and some current employees

Mudlogger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eighty Four, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Diversified Well Logging (Eighty Four, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

DWL was in desperately need of mudloggers for Marcellus Shales Gas projects in PA, so the process was very simple, by the way I think I was accepted in the managers mind before the interview. The questions were about my experience in Geology, mudlogging, rig site operations, very simple questions. By the way the interviewer, The Appalachia Division Manager is more a "hands on" trained person than a professional Geologist.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in drilling projects   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a wide negotiations margin. The offered payment plus benefits are almost the same for everybody, new hires and few years job people. The manager is linked to tight payment company policies.