Diversified Well Logging Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014

1.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Diversified Well Logging

Geosteerer/Mudlogger Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Diversified Well Logging in June 2014.

Pestered recruiter about giving me a job, she first tried to see if I'll be interested doing offshore mudlogging or onshore mudlogging only. Said yes if only combined with geosteering. A week or 2 passed until I was contacted by regional manager directly on the phone and basically laid out the work involved, how much he'll pay me and the training involved. Gave me a few days to consider. Originally declined offer for another job but came back to this one as I realized the amount of work would allow me to learn geosteering much quicker. Regional manager was very much straight to the point during the interview. After offer accepted, continued interacting through email primarily. Admin staff were a little slow and got a few things mixed up. Had to personally inquire to see the progress and what the next step is. All information given past interview process was a little bit at the last moment prior to required action.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Asked me what my current job involves.   View Answer
    no negotiation, was happy with offer

Mud Logger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eighty Four, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Diversified Well Logging.

Most of the interview process was by phone and email.

Technician Driver Interview

it was a pain free interview simple

easy

Mudlogger Unit Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eighty Four, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Diversified Well Logging in March 2010.

Very easy to talk to Manager and Field Supervisor, Had a quick 30 minute interview not to formal and not to tense at all, Showed me around shop and explained what they did, showed me logging units and some current employees

Mudlogger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eighty Four, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Diversified Well Logging in February 2010.

DWL was in desperately need of mudloggers for Marcellus Shales Gas projects in PA, so the process was very simple, by the way I think I was accepted in the managers mind before the interview. The questions were about my experience in Geology, mudlogging, rig site operations, very simple questions. By the way the interviewer, The Appalachia Division Manager is more a "hands on" trained person than a professional Geologist.

Interview Questions
    • How long have you worked in drilling projects   View Answer
    There was not a wide negotiations margin. The offered payment plus benefits are almost the same for everybody, new hires and few years job people. The manager is linked to tight payment company policies.