Dixon Advisory Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.8

Graduate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dixon Advisory (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview. Followed by a request to do an online assessment. They have a benchmark for the online assessment which automatically cuts you out if you don't meet it. They won't tell you how you did or what their benchmark is. It's verbal, mathematical, and logic SHL testing. I practised for days beforehand, and didn't meet the benchmark in the maths or logic but apparently did in the verbal. It's seems a very narrow way to determine someone's suitability. I've averaged HDs for all my degree and was always in the top group of students.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why accounting? Tell me a bit about yourself. The interviewer was very informal and easy to talk to.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dixon Advisory.

Interview

Quick phone interview + a onsite technical interview. Technical interview was very task based. I was aksed write C# code and SQL queries.

I have also answered few behavioral questions and some HR questions.

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Corporate Finance Interview

Interview

A brief phone interview before the online tests, only 2-3 simple questions, then they sent a link for online SHL tests, then heard back from them regarding the test results within couple of days

Interview Questions

• a easy conversation on the phone, unexpected didn't pass the numerical test   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dixon Advisory (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

First and Second round interviews, including behavioural type questions and some technical questions. First round interviews are one on one while the second round interviews are split into two separate interviews with two employees in each interview. Took quite a while to get feedback back from HR had to constantly email and phone them to receive any answers or feedback.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dixon Advisory in May 2014.

Interview

There are seven steps in the hiring and interview process

1. Written Application
    2. Phone Interview
    3. Psychometric Testing
    4. Personality Testing - Done just before the interview (does not revoke chance of interview)
    5. First Interview - Know about the company
    6. Second Interview - Know about the company
    7. Offer

Graduate: Financial Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dixon Advisory (North Sydney (Australia)) in April 2012.

Interview

1. Online Application

Consider what role you're applying for and emphasise the skills you have which are congruent with that work role. Make sure you have a pretty good understanding on the team preferences you choose.

2. Psychometric Testing

If you pass the online applications, they email you a link to do psychometric testing - verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. Testing is done by SHL.

3. Phone Conversation/Behavioural Test

If you pass the psych testing, you'll get a call from HR. They might ask you a few basic questions, such as "why do you want to work for Dixon?", but nothing too intense. They'll book you in for either a 1:1 or panel interview and get you to complete a behavioural online test. The behavioural test isn't assessed.

4. Interviews

You'll get an interview for each of your preferences. Interviews are scheduled to last an hour. Expect the standard behavioural questions which require the STAR approach. If you have mentioned technical ability/experience in your application, be prepared to answer some technical questions. They want to see how confident you are in expressing your technical knowledge. Also, make sure you research not only the company but also the industry you're applying for. For instance, I was asked about major reforms in legislation in providing financial advise.

5. Final Interview/Offer

After the first interview, they'll usually know who to offer positions too. However, if they're really torn between a select few applicants, they may call you in for a final, deciding interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the industry?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to manage multiple priorities in a professional setting?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever encountered a problem with a team mate? How did you go about solving this problem?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us about what type of work you did during your internship?   Answer Question
    • What type of skills do you think we're looking for, in someone who works at Dixon?   Answer Question

Funds Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dixon Advisory (North Sydney (Australia)) in February 2012.

Interview

The company was candid through the whole process. Gave good feedback from the process. HR was easy to talk too.

Advisory Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dixon Advisory in July 2010.

Interview

The directors whom interviewed me are nice and friendly. However, they are essentially not from the department I was applying to and they could not answer my more specific questions. Dixon doesnt seem to take the interviews too seriously as one of my friend got his interview resheduled 3 times and in the end was interviewed by an analyst.

Account Assistant Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dixon Advisory in March 2010.

Interview

- Applied online
    - Called in for interview about 2 weeks later
    30min interview with a two manager, general questions regarding extra curricular activities etc. Very casual environment for interview.
    - Reference check a week later + offer

Interview Questions

• Which aspect of Dixon Advisory is most interesting to you?   Answer Question