Dixon Hughes Goodman Interview Questions & Reviews

24 interviews

2.6

Anonymous Employee  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied to interview on campus. There was a dinner the night before the interviews for selected students. The interview was very easy, but it was hard to tell how it went. The interviewer mostly wanted me to ask him questions about the firm. It sounded like there were not many positions available in the Tyson's office. Everyone I met from the firm from the recruiter, partner, first year associate, were all extremely friendly.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman in June 2012.

sent resume, received call for interview, invited for office interview. met with several people including staff, same level, partners. they took me out to lunch... follow up call for job acceptance

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman in June 2014.

Very informal and conversational. General behavioral questions and friendly. Had an hour breakfast interview followed by two half hour one on ones. Was a good experience talking to them and encouraged me to do better.

IT Advisory Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman.

Was initially contacted by a recruiter out of the Atlanta office via email. Set up a time to speak and perform a phone screen. The phone screen was with the same recruiter that initially contacted me. After the phone screen, I was invited to come into the Atlanta office for a half-day visit and interview with 5 individuals. A few days prior to the half-day visit, I was asked to prepare a 10-15 minute presentation about myself so that I could begin the half-day visit with the presentation to all of the people I was to interview with. On the day of the visit, I completed the presentation, then met with a Director and a Manager at the same time, then a Senior Manager and another Manager, all while being shepherded through the process by the recruiter. I was to interview with the Partner as well, but that had to be postponed due to client commitments. I received positive feedback from my recruiter following the half-day visit, and was invited to return a few days later to meet with the partner and have lunch with two members of the practice. I enjoyed everyone I met with during the first office visit, despite the recruiter seeming disinterested. I continued in the process and returned for the second visit to have lunch with a Senior Associate and Associate in the practice and meet with the Partner. The lunch was a bit awkward, but the Associate seemed friendly. The meeting with the Partner was one of the best interviews I've had with a leader of a practice/office/firm. As before, the recruiter seemed disinterested but shepherded me through the process. I was called after a long weekend and was told that they were moving forward with other candidates. I was completely surprised and told that I was over-confident.

Interview Questions
    • Are you happy with doing audit support?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Was recruited on campus, interviewed with the office managing partner, was a great and simple interview, very easy to talk too and enjoyed the entire process, night before interview was a great dinner and happy hour

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, more of a personal conversation   Answer Question
    simple

IT Audit Associate Interview

It was straight to the point. I thought I did really well. They even took me to lunch after my interview.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman.

Excellent culture, multiple rounds of interviews, lengthy "decision-making" process (6 weeks post-interview)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman in October 2012.

Spoke to recruiter at college accounting firms career fair. Applied online through company website, invited for on-campus interview promptly. Met with office managing partner on-campus, then was invited to office for second-round interviews. Good interview process - met with audit manager, audit supervisor, tax senior manager, and audit partner. Very conversational and non-threatening experience. Included an office tour. I felt like I got an accurate picture of the company by talking to employees from different staff levels and departments. Heard back from recruiter promptly with offer for summer internship. Interviewers returned my follow-up emails promptly and were very friendly and polite.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman.

I contacted the recruiter via LinkedIn to find out more information. Spoke with them for 15-20 minutes on what I wanted out of a job and what I saw myself doing in the marketing space. They spoke about the position and asked if I would be interested. Said yes and was called in for an interview. Meet with the managing partner for 2 hours and was told I would hear back in a few days to a week. Got a call back at the end of the week and was asked for a second interview but at the Atlanta location. They flew me first-class for a day trip of interviews and it was definitely a day of "checking of the relationship." Was called at the end of that week with a offer. Started the interview process mid March and started at the job at the end of April. Very pleased with the hiring and interviewing process - no surprises.

Interview Questions
    • It was mainly relationship questions. (Marketing position).   Answer Question
    Asked for my desired salary and then negotiated it.

Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Dixon Hughes Goodman in July 2012.

Was an experienced hire. Straight forward and laid back interview process. No ridiculous behavioral questions, just genuine/productive conversation.

Worked for Dixon Hughes Goodman? Contribute to the Community!