Dixons Retail Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

Store Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Formal but relaxed one-to-one. Clarity on the job role explained and you're asked what you're looking to achieve. Given an explanation of the career ladder if you ask. Training schemes are in places for free to all employees to aid in boosting their wage. I was able to state that the job was not my intended future 5 years down the line and they accepted that and still offered me a position.

Product Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Two experiences with this company a short time apart. One was woeful and uninspiring, the other relaxed and very positive. Both were 2:1 and included some strangely worded company-generic questions as well as the usual ones.

Interview Questions

Interview

Agency interview, followed by interview by Dixons HR interview, folllowed by interview with my future bosses. Offer made very quickly after that.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with an unlimited budget?   1 Answer

Sales Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dixons Retail in January 2014.

Interview

Current hiring process will involve some general questions + 5 minute "impress me" presentation and sales role play. They will expect you to sell PC or Tablet or TV. show you can listen to customer and immediately pick relevant add-ons accordingly (important). You will know what they are if you ever shopped there yourself (or just come in advance and pretend to be looking to buy - take a note of what sales person offering you).

Interview Questions

• All typical describe the situation type questions..   1 Answer

Sales Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Position advertised on direct.gov, I emailed my cv along with a well written cover letter as the content of the email. Reply received with interview details, after initial interview I was called back for a second interview after which I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my prior experience within a sales role.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

interview process lasted 45 minutes and was centred around Microsoft and I was asked to describe a difficult situation where I exercised common logic to so solve problem.

Sales Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

2 stage interview been with company 2 times now very good for if i ever need a job in future if i decide to move again

Interview Questions

Negotiation

how many hours i wanted to work and what days if any did i needed set days off a week plain and simple

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

The job was advertised on the website and had to give online quiz. The online test needs to be done in certain time period and once selected after completion, you are called for the interview. I was interviewed twice, first by store asst manager and store manager, than by store director. The overall interview was very good, the company and the branch was very welcoming and nice.

Interview Questions

• How you respond to customer ?   1 Answer

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Carlisle, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Face to face relaxed interview with Store Manager & Regional Manager. Lasted about an hour and seemed quite informal rather than a strict question and answer drill. It helps if you know the manager and you do a bit of homework before hand

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dixons Retail (Athens (Greece)) in April 2010.

Interview

You have to pass psychometric tests and then you have to work hard especially during the training. Very challenging work but you must not look at your clock what time it is!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy.