Dixons Retail Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dixons Retail (Athens (Greece)) in April 2010.

Interview

You have to pass psychometric tests and then you have to work hard especially during the training. Very challenging work but you must not look at your clock what time it is!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dixons Retail in April 2008.

Interview

Initially applied online, was shortlisted and got a call from HR to fix interview dates. Interview was with the hiring manager and another manager who only observed and hardly asked any questions. it was a long interview, about 1.5-2 hours. But with very typical interview type questions, what motivates you, describe a situation where you led a team out of a problem. There were about 30 questions.

Sales Staff Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dixons Retail in June 2008.

Interview

The interview was okay - asked questions about why I wanted to work for dsgi, what i looked to gain out of working there. I was also asked to sell a laptop to the manager. Was required to know some technical knowledge on certain goods that I had an interest in, I chose cameras as I found them easier to explain.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me the difference between digital zoom and optical zoom?   Answer Question

Project Support Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dixons Retail in May 2009.

Interview

mostly based on personality and how you relate and communicate with others

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dixons Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

The job was advertised on the website and had to give online quiz. The online test needs to be done in certain time period and once selected after completion, you are called for the interview. I was interviewed twice, first by store asst manager and store manager, than by store director.
     The overall interview was very good, the company and the branch was very welcoming and nice.

Interview Questions

• How you respond to customer ?   1 Answer

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dixons Retail (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

Initial call from HR, Online maths and verbal reasoning test at home, 2 face to face interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

interview process lasted 45 minutes and was centred around Microsoft and I was asked to describe a difficult situation where I exercised common logic to so solve problem.

Sales Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dixons Retail in January 2014.

Interview

Current hiring process will involve some general questions + 5 minute "impress me" presentation and sales role play. They will expect you to sell PC or Tablet or TV. show you can listen to customer and immediately pick relevant add-ons accordingly (important). You will know what they are if you ever shopped there yourself (or just come in advance and pretend to be looking to buy - take a note of what sales person offering you).

Interview Questions

• All typical describe the situation type questions..   1 Answer

Product Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dixons Retail (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Two experiences with this company a short time apart. One was woeful and uninspiring, the other relaxed and very positive. Both were 2:1 and included some strangely worded company-generic questions as well as the usual ones.

Sales Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dixons Retail (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Position advertised on direct.gov, I emailed my cv along with a well written cover letter as the content of the email. Reply received with interview details, after initial interview I was called back for a second interview after which I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my prior experience within a sales role.   Answer Question